S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order, most to least:
Blue onsie Vegeta (dont care if it's majin or not)
An adult Gohan (check: ultimate)
Gotenks
ssj3 Goku (rerelease or whatever)
Great Saiyaman
SSJ2 Goku if it has more new thing than just the hair
Kid Buu
Videl but they'll never make her.

And that's kinda it...:lol 95% sure I'm not picking up anything else from this time period.

But the top 3 are the only ones I'd truly miss not having.

What specific head are you looking forward to displaying with the blue onesie?

That's interesting that you put Gotenks rather than Goten and Trunks, as well. Do you like the fusion character, design, or both?

I'm hoping for a smirk face with the Super Saiyan 2 Goku hair. I'm completely boggled that Normal Goku doesn't even have a smirk face. It was such a famous face for him in battles!

I thought you wanted Super Buu more than Kid Buu?

I wouldn't say they would never make Videl. She seems to be the only female character really left to develop.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a double packaging like with Mothra and Battra Larvas.

Gotenks would need his Super Saiyan and 3 head with changeable hands, I could picture their price either $60 - $100 range. I honestly hope Vegito (Normal and SSj) and Mystic Gohan have their smirking face. Does anyone plan of making a custom Super Saiyan Gohan when Ultimate comes out?

I also wouldn't mind a Kid or Teen Goku from Dragonball. I loved his red gi (sometimes red orange) with the black belt and shirt with his blue wristband.

Yeah, I feel if Tamashii releases Kid Trunks and Goten, they'll need to be double packaged. Unless Tamashii decides to separate them and only charge around $30 for each character.

Gotenks is difficult but I think he should actually receive two releases. One with normal and Super Saiyan head and then the other with Super Saiyan 3 head.

Vegito has a smirking face but it's off to the side...

item_0000010861_HaAQjWbW_08.jpg

What specific head are you looking forward to displaying with the blue onesie?

That's interesting that you put Gotenks rather than Goten and Trunks, as well. Do you like the fusion character, design, or both?

I'm hoping for a smirk face with the Super Saiyan 2 Goku hair. I'm completely boggled that Normal Goku doesn't even have a smirk face. It was such a famous face for him in battles!

I thought you wanted Super Buu more than Kid Buu?

I wouldn't say they would never make Videl. She seems to be the only female character really left to develop.

I want an ultimate z fighters line up a-la justice league for a group shot. Figure making that with
a Goku, don't know which one yet,
either blue onsie vegeta or an android rerelease (cause toriyama used the android armour now),
an adult Gohan, U gohan is fine,
Piccolo (my second sdcc one)
Gotenks because 1 it resembles the entire fusion period and 2 it's their strongest form.

I kinda see Gotenks as the shazam of the group. I hope to make goku, Vegeta and gotenks a ssj and obviously gohan's mystic.

I did prefer neutral super buu for a long time but... honestly..., well I guess I don't honestly care whether it's him or kid buu, I don't necessarily need either of them, but when I rewatched the buu saga recently it dawned on me kid buu just is his most iconic and meaningful form. That final fight with him ssj3 goku and vegeta is easily the best post-cell fight for me. Neutral Super buu is imo cooler, but he's less significant, and story significance means a lot to me. They can't not make kid buu so I figured I'll just note that one down. But your memory was correct, I just switched recently.

In order from top to bottom
- Majin Vegeta
- Great Saiyanman
- Super Buu
- Videl
- Gotenks
- Fat Buu
- Kid Buu

@Ang the reason I wanted Super Buu and Vegito some time ago is because those were the very few I used to own when I was a kid, but I've let that POV on collecting go recently and just collect, mostly, what intrigues me now, rather than based on pure nostalgia. Because if I'd go with pure nostalgia, I'd go crazy haha, I'd have too much to buy cause I wanted like everything as a kid. I'd start hording and it'd start owning me too much, I don't like that (and I can't bare it financially), so I kinda toned it down recently and am just buying those things were fandom and iconography/significance coincide. That's why I don't have any interest in minor characters except a very select few.

I have this weird thing where, if I amass too much of something it just starts to feel like a pile to me. I don't like that with these, I'm a hardcore cherry picker.:lol

EDIT: The only things where I'd genuinely amass a whole showroom of all characters is Mass Effect, but alas, no line exists to that extent of that licence. And I'd do it with Star Wars too had the Black Series been higher quality, but unfortunately that line begs to be cherry picked.

I want an ultimate z fighters line up a-la justice league for a group shot. Figure making that with
a Goku, don't know which one yet,
either blue onsie vegeta or an android rerelease (cause toriyama used the android armour now),
an adult Gohan, U gohan is fine,
Piccolo (my second sdcc one)
Gotenks because 1 it resembles the entire fusion period and 2 it's their strongest form.

I kinda see Gotenks as the shazam of the group. I hope to make goku, Vegeta and gotenks a ssj and obviously gohan's mystic.

I did prefer neutral super buu for a long time but... honestly..., well I guess I don't honestly care whether it's him or kid buu, I don't necessarily need either of them, but when I rewatched the buu saga recently it dawned on me kid buu just is his most iconic and meaningful form. That final fight with him ssj3 goku and vegeta is easily the best post-cell fight for me. Neutral Super buu is imo cooler, but he's less significant, and story significance means a lot to me. They can't not make kid buu so I figured I'll just note that one down. But your memory was correct, I just switched recently.

That's a really cool vision, Sil! I'd love to see that photo when everything is released.

Haha, nobody wants Billy Batson in the picture, give us Shazam! Are you considering Super Saiyan 1 - 3 for Goku? Is that why you're not sure which one?

I get that. Super Buu does have a great design but I've always felt Kid Buu was the iconic form similar to Perfect Cell and Final Form Frieza and was the ultimate villain to overcome.

In order from top to bottom
- Majin Vegeta
- Great Saiyanman
- Super Buu
- Videl
- Gotenks
- Fat Buu
- Kid Buu

That's a pretty hefty Buu list! Lot of people like Great Saiyaman. I wonder why Tamashii didn't release him first but I suppose since Gotenks absorbed Buu, and a potential Super Buu, they wanted to have more heroes to pose with them.

Glad to see Videl so high up on that list! Which Videl are you thinking of? Short hair or long hair?

@Ang the reason I wanted Super Buu and Vegito some time ago is because those were the very few I used to own when I was a kid, but I've let that POV on collecting go recently and just collect, mostly, what intrigues me now, rather than based on pure nostalgia. Because if I'd go with pure nostalgia, I'd go crazy haha, I'd have too much to buy cause I wanted like everything as a kid. I'd start hording and it'd start owning me too much, I don't like that (and I can't bare it financially), so I kinda toned it down recently and am just buying those things were fandom and iconography/significance coincide. That's why I don't have any interest in minor characters except a very select few.

I have this weird thing where, if I amass too much of something it just starts to feel like a pile to me. I don't like that with these, I'm a hardcore cherry picker.:lol

EDIT: The only things where I'd genuinely amass a whole showroom of all characters is Mass Effect, but alas, no line exists to that extent of that licence. And I'd do it with Star Wars too had the Black Series been higher quality, but unfortunately that line begs to be cherry picked.

Haha, I definitely get that. I got kicked by the nostalgia factor big time this summer for Dragon Ball Z and some how it continues to escalate. Especially with this line of S.H. Figuarts. I never really cared for Buu that much, mostly because I some how skipped that entire saga on Toonami, but I'm really liking the designs now more than before. I'm re-watching the Android Saga and plan on buying the World Saga and Buu Saga DVDs within the next few months to finally watch them. Yeah, you never want to come to a point where you look back and realize you're hoarding. As long as you truly enjoy what you HAVE, then it's all worth it. Whether it's fandom/iconic/significant characters or if it's multiples of some specific characters. :lol

I understand that feeling but only if I haven't actually done anything with that "pile." Sometimes I let a pile of comic books pile up and I'm like "Damn, I really shouldn't have bought all of these." But, that's mostly because I don't have the time to read them. When I actually go through that pile I'm like "Oh yeah, now I remember why I bought these. **** yeah!"

Also, watch how like nobody is going to list buutenks in their top 5...

Not in the Top 5, well that I could tell, but there are some who have wanted him in their top 20 of Buu Saga and Movie Dragon Ball Z characters.

That's a pretty hefty Buu list! Lot of people like Great Saiyaman. I wonder why Tamashii didn't release him first but I suppose since Gotenks absorbed Buu, and a potential Super Buu, they wanted to have more heroes to pose with them.

Glad to see Videl so high up on that list! Which Videl are you thinking of? Short hair or long hair?

Short haired.

^ I'd prefer world tournament videl, just as I'd like to have world tournament gohan.

@Ang Small add: I wanna add Tien, Krillin and 18 to it too. Though the core group of five is goku, vegeta, gohan, gotenks and piccolo.

I am indeed not sure what Goku... BoG has kinda made me fine with just ssj goku, but ssj3 goku would stand out more. However, Id be fine with all of them non-ssj too (they are in rest after all). Just gonna see how that pans out.

The reason I want a new goku is because They have not made the perfect goku yet. I want a ssj goku with shaded hair above all, the ssj manga hair is so ugly to me, I really like the shading. Ssj2 goku I dont care for. Entirely irrelevant unless you wanna stage m vegeta vs goku, which Ive no interest in.

^ I'd prefer world tournament videl, just as I'd like to have world tournament gohan.

@Ang Small add: I wanna add Tien, Krillin and 18 to it too. Though the core group of five is goku, vegeta, gohan, gotenks and piccolo.

I am indeed not sure what Goku... BoG has kinda made me fine with just ssj goku, but ssj3 goku would stand out more. However, Id be fine with all of them non-ssj too (they are in rest after all). Just gonna see how that pans out.

The reason I want a new goku is because They have not made the perfect goku yet. I want a ssj goku with shaded hair above all, the ssj manga hair is so ugly to me, I really like the shading. Ssj2 goku I dont care for. Entirely irrelevant unless you wanna stage m vegeta vs goku, which Ive no interest in.

Which Tien? Buu Saga Tien is actually one that I'm hoping for Tamashii to develop and produce.

Yeah, like all displays, it'll take some trial and error. It'll be really cool to see everything together.

You don't care for the Normal Goku? What do you think of the SDCC shading?

Tien is underrated; I figured we would at least get him after Krillin since they are pretty much on par popularity-wise. Perhaps even moreso than Krillin.

Tamashii should've got him outta the way soon after they released Krillin. I feel like the window of opportunity for him is almost nonexistant now, given what they've shown thus far & what they plan to release for the future.

I want Green vest Android saga tien, whose vest is detachable for a bare chest, that covers two periods. Tien's often a bare chest fighter, for all non-green vest points bare chested is a good representation of him, Tien's a die-hard, whatever he's wearing will probably come off if he has any significant battle time .

I wish I had the sdcc goku head, though the shading is clearly too dark in the middle, but I'd still prefer it over the manga yellow which is really ugly imo. I'm really bummed out vegito returned to manga style hair. Comforted solely by the fact that I'm not picking him up.

If they make gotenks or majin vegeta manga coloured hair, I'm going for a non-ssj look. That manga coloured goku hair is THE stain on my collection imo. It looks so ugly compared to the rest, it has a weird minor greenish hue to it, it's, blegh, ugly bland, cheap-toy looking yellow, can't make any more of it.

Imo ssj vegeta has the best ssj hair colour thus far. Still not perfect, and obviously not show accurate, but the best of what we have so far imo.

@nickshaw2814 Can't wait to see how your Broly turns out with the repainted hair. That might be a game-changer for mine as well, lol

Back