S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also love battle damaged characters, but I don't think the articulated SHF line will ever go there. Zero already does so, I think they'll keep it to that. With the limited slots they have, a battle damaged character will undoubtedly be a repetition of an already released character, as they they're base norm for releases is the pristine (often first-) appearance of the character, not the beaten up one. That lowers it's chances significantly. I also don't think battle damage will really come to full potential with the limited paint apps of the regular line. You need the level of detail the zeroes have to really make it pop I'm inclined to say.

Then there's the 'we want different characters' lobby, so, between this and that, I'm not expecting it.

I'd also love battle damaged characters, but I don't think the articulated SHF line will ever go there. Zero already does so, I think they'll keep it to that. With the limited slots they have, a battle damaged character will undoubtedly be a repetition of an already released character, as they they're base norm for releases is the pristine (often first-) appearance of the character, not the beaten up one. That lowers it's chances significantly. I also don't think battle damage will really come to full potential with the limited paint apps of the regular line. You need the level of detail the zeroes have to really make it pop I'm inclined to say.

Then there's the 'we want different characters' lobby, so, between this and that, I'm not expecting it.

Maybe if the con exclusives were battle damaged or they included it as an extra body with the figure to cut down cost of another box or whatever. Heck I'd pay a little more to have a battle damaged body included. But I agree we probably won't see them in the regular figuarts line but it's nice to think about lol

Tamashii's response to any rerelease requests/alternate outfit figures/battle damaged figures/more releases per year/Nappa or Shenron being released:

To anyone who's got #17, is your gun holster scratched? Mine has it, and I saw it on the photo review previously posted too.

Count yourself as lucky, because mine has this kinda mark on the front. It's even on the spare holster.

qJMe2Pf.jpg

Count yourself as lucky, because mine has this kinda mark on the front. It's even on the spare holster.

qJMe2Pf.jpg

That "kinda mark" appears to be a little bit of molding flash and it looks like they poorly chose to place the hole that the plastic goes into the mold through, right smack in the front and center of the holster. It seems like a better choice would have been to put that spot on the bottom of the holster, where it would be almost completely hidden. I'm sure there was some reason on a production level that forced them to do it this way though. :dunno

This pic came up on a Google search and has the same thing:
OtDIjnq.jpg

The official release pics don't have it though.

I've seen that on numerous pics on myfigurecollection so it looks common and seems to be a molding error. I think blogness could have a point though, that may be it.

I think when I mentioned I wanted "Final Battle on Namek" Battle-damaged Goku, you were the only one who supported that Silrian!

I think Battle-damaged characters for Figuarts would be AWESOME. Some pivotal scenes from the series are when the characters are all bruised and beat-up. Goku's Spirit Bomb against Frieza, Goku turning Super Saiyan for the first time (and his final battle against Full Power Frieza), Majin Vegeta's Redemption, Gohan's final battle against Cell, and it even goes the other way with the villains, for example, Full Power Frieza was a definitive battle damage "look".

Super Saiyan Goku, battle-damaged from his battle with Frieza on Namek, has been recreated with MANY statues (and the Figuarts ZERO mentioned earlier) so it seems a natural shoe-in for a battle-damage figure. It's one of his most popular "looks"

I know Bardoon. but Tamashii will probably say "We already made him". Some people will percieve it as unfair, but the other side of the argument will say it's unfair to keep making the same characters.

It comes down to what they do with a very minimum amount of releases compartive to how much you could release of DBZ alone, not to mention other movies and series.

And that I'd say ultimately probably makes it reasonable to expect that battle damaged versions are being done only in the zero line, where they can come to full potential design wise. Because battle damage isn't anything that's a part of articulation, it's solely an aesthetic. They'll choose a better aesthetic AND relieving the burden of the release slots over an articulated version, that won't be as detailed and takes up yet another slot for an already existing character, I'd wager.

Just got up to date with the topic. Loving your work NickShaw! Might even try some all white eyes myself. Btw, where did you get the SS3 head?

Just got up to date with the topic. Loving your work NickShaw! Might even try some all white eyes myself. Btw, where did you get the SS3 head?

I got it from ebay.

Super Saiyan 3 Head for SHF s H Figuarts Son Goku Gohan Dragon Ball Z Figure | eBay

I think the price for just a knock off head is a little steep but when compared to the price of SS3 now it's worth it if you want SS3. Plus it does come with his gi symbols from I believe Roshi and King Kai that you can apply. I haven't but it's a nice touch.

Update:

I was watching Cell Saga last night and I really like that platinum blond look that Super Trunks and Vegeta had over the standard yellow so I tried it on my Vegeta last night. Figured since I'm buying another Vegeta for the body so I'll have an extra head if I decided yellow was better but I really like how it turned out. Thinking of doing this to SS Goku and Trunks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Turns out I can't order the head because he doesn't ship it to my country. Kinda wtf though, the SS3 is barred but I can easily order his Datong Vegeta.

I just have head for sale, if anybody's interested.

No? Too low? Too easy? .... Too nasty?

Anyway props to the work Nick! It's very cool, I'm just not a fan of customising, but that's personal taste. Good work remains good work!
And yeah Snake I've seen that holster spot on all production units so far. Weird QC glitch but, as he already has battle damage, a bit, I kinda just explain it away like that.

Actualy Bardoon... thats true... 17 does have battle damage.... Hmmmmmmmm.:lol

Oh I just realised, how about battle damages switch out parts? Heads? Limbs? Armour parts? That could work.

Thanks for the link. Turns out I can't order the head because he doesn't ship it to my country. Kinda wtf though, the SS3 is barred but I can easily order his Datong Vegeta.

That's weird. Maybe message him and find out if they can ship it to you. If this other deal doesn't work out that is.

love the new touches bro

Thanks bud. I'm really torn on whether to do it to my SS Goku and Trunks. I'll probably cave and do it but the decision is eating me up lol

If you gave majin vegeta a blood stained face and a torn leg limb, that'd be something at least.

That would be awesome. Interchangeable parts would probably save them from making a whole new figure and would appease the ones who bark that they want a new character instead of a remake or rerelease. And for the figures that are already out maybe just sell the battle damaged parts as a pack or something cheaper than a full figure like datong does with the Trunks head and crossed arms

Update: Got my 18 in a couple days early. So awesome. Makes me want 17 really bad lol She's kinda out of place with the Super Saiyans but that'll change. I'm gonna play around with her some more once I get a chance. Get some action shots with Vegeta.

And I caved and colored Goku and Trunks hair to match Vegeta lol So happy I did though.

Has anyone custom painted the stands before? I've been toying with idea but haven't done it to because I'm not really sure how well the paint will stay etc. Some of my stands were for the Power Rangers figuarts I use to collect but have since sold for other interest and didn't wanna get rid of a perfectly good stand.

Last edited:
Back