S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of bootlegs, I got my Ultimate Trunks head in the mail today. Looks pretty good. Top hair piece doesn't really lock into place, but should sit just fine. Spikey and so sharp! My second datong Vegeta should show up soon so I can slap him on a body and get posing.

Cool setup AsuraSpike10, I assume you plan on getting the Piccolo & Spirit Bomb Goku as well? I'd love to see some creative photos of him in specific lighting conditions that could mimic the Spirit Bomb effect above his head. That would be awesome.

Although I don't think I'll be dipping into the Zero line anytime soon, that Frieza does tickle my fancy :monkey3
I love his facial expression, it's that frantic desperation to defeat Goku that's been perfectly recreated.

Cool setup AsuraSpike10, I assume you plan on getting the Piccolo & Spirit Bomb Goku as well? I'd love to see some creative photos of him in specific lighting conditions that could mimic the Spirit Bomb effect above his head. That would be awesome.

Although I don't think I'll be dipping into the Zero line anytime soon, that Frieza does tickle my fancy :monkey3
I love his facial expression, it's that frantic desperation to defeat Goku that's been perfectly recreated.

Piccolo & Spirit Bomb Goku for sure.

I know but I would have figured that who ever owns the licensing would put a stop to it immediately. It's not really that secretive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai slipped Datong the molds, a little subversive way around their inability to officially rerelease it. TOTAL speculation here, because that's always fun :) but maybe Datong is scratching Bandai's back in some way. I mean, they definitely got their hands on the original mold, it is EXACT. The paint application and quality of plastic in the joints is really the only difference in the figure.

Ya never know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe some under-the-table deal was made or somethin. But there are also Nendoroid bootlegs, such as the Sonic figure. Near-identical, save for a few minor differences that you wouldn't notice at first glance, just like Vegeta.

Well and datong having the original molds or exact copies does not itself mean bandai had a complicit hand in it. lots of other ways to obtain things. Shady employee could sell them, datong could steal them, etc.

Yeah, the Datong Vegeta is ridiculously well made where it wouldn't surprise me that the blue prints were taken from Bandai.

What's a fair price for Super Saiyan Vegeta?

Edited: Amazon seems to have him for $240. ...Why doesn't that seem bad at all?

It's horrible, I go into a frenzy when it comes to these figures that I just want to get all of them. I need to keep reminding myself that if my wallet was sentient, it would b*tch slap me every time I thought of buying one of the expensive figures.

It's a shame that there's no re-releases every so often. I think it would be fine even if they raised the prices, I feel the demand IS (T)HERE.

Look at it this way: the highly sought-after figures that are no longer in production, specifically Trunks, SS Vegeta, SDCC Goku, SS3 Goku, if you can find any of these in the $150-$170 range then it's a great deal & buy it immediately.

The only "fair price" that exists is when they were first released for $39.99

Look at it this way: the highly sought-after figures that are no longer in production, specifically Trunks, SS Vegeta, SDCC Goku, SS3 Goku, if you can find any of these in the $150-$170 range then it's a great deal & buy it immediately.

The only "fair price" that exists is when they were first released for $39.99

...I like the way you think, Crisis.

How the heck do you pose Super Saiyan Goku, or any figure I guess, for a Kamehameha? I can't get the hands to come together.

at an angle, since the shoulder range is limited, not every kamehameha pose is posible.

Official page for A16 is up!
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000091244/

EWczDcN.jpg

TfvCVC1.jpg
I love this figure so far.....except for his really long forearms.

A simple fix would be to dig a deeper cavity into his green gauntlets. That's where the extra length is coming from.

Back