S.H. Figuarts DC Extended Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's crazy. How are they able to offer a web exclusive in Japan for less than the original price plus offer free shipping??

Reputable website?

It's being released by bluefin outside of Japan. That's probably where they're getting their stock. They're also probably getting a volume discount and that's how they're able to shave some off the price. They do list it at regular price after release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the web exclusivity is just for Japan? I was under the impression that all Bandai web exclusives were unable to be had by dealers/distributors at the normal distribution price but instead had to be purchased for the price specified online.

Guess it only applies to their Star Wars line.

So the web exclusivity is just for Japan? I was under the impression that all Bandai web exclusives were unable to be had by dealers/distributors at the normal distribution price but instead had to be purchased for the price specified online.

Guess it only applies to their Star Wars line.

Yes, the web exclusivity is only for Japan and when allowed and distributed by Bluefin here in the States, their prices are much closer to the original Japanese MSRPs.

Now you highlighted Bluefin's major distribution problem in concerns to Star Wars AND Marvel. It boils down to Hasbro.

Hasbro maintains the "master" toy license for Marvel and Star Wars IN THE UNITED STATES (possibly all of North America), and the contract somehow limits any potential competition at the 6" scale. Thus, Bluefin is not allowed to "distribute" figures from those licenses as normal distributions and most retailers have to go other routes that are more expensive and those extra costs are then passed onto you, the customer.

Tamashii has somehow managed to get around this lately (or worked out some sort of deal with Hasbro) by including their effect pieces with the figures. We just got Doctor Strange with the flame effect and will be getting the Spidey figures with the wall effect.

From what i heard at Tamashii Nations World Tour is that the Marvel Figuarts that they release here have to have a price point of $80 and up. Thats why they include all the extra junk to get them above that price and why the IM figures all include the Hall of Armor. Im guessing $80 and above puts them in adult collectible category or something like that.

From what i heard at Tamashii Nations World Tour is that the Marvel Figuarts that they release here have to have a price point of $80 and up. Thats why they include all the extra junk to get them above that price and why the IM figures all include the Hall of Armor. Im guessing $80 and above puts them in adult collectible category or something like that.

Makes sense. Probably explains Mezco One:12 Collective's pricing as well.

5f8e457e9a18bd35e4fdef6c6e4b7d63.jpg

Any tips for taking the wire out?

I received my figuarts Spidey HC today..great piece and now I have real faith that Figuarts will really make the JL WW a thing of beauty :yess:

Nice, I'd love to pick up Spidey

FYI The figurarts TDK Batman is at TRU, I saw it there. So now we don't have to go far to get him

Better photos of the Figuarts Justice League figures:

https://news.toyark.com/2017/10/05/nycc-2017-tamashii-nations-marvel-dc-movie-star-wars-street-fighter-273084

These look fantastic! Really excited for Superman and Batman. And I'm not a fan of Cyborg but that figure looks REALLY good.

I hope they fix Wonder Woman's face...it just doesn't look much like Gal Gadot.

I think Ww’s face/sculpt is fine, actually spot on except for the eyebrows. Almost nonexistent. If Bandai doesn’t fix it, I’ll try my hand at touching them up. Other than that, she looks fantastic.

Looking at those images I'd say the upcoming Mafex line looks overall better, Wonder Woman being the only real exception though. Just a shame that they haven't got good eyebrows on the face currently.

Can you share contact/purchase info? How much did the head cost? Who do I contact if I'm interested?

Back