RW dio - Should the Frodo exc come on a bigger base?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want the Frodo exc. to come with an extra bit of base?

• Yes, it would improve it and make it a definate purchase for me!

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No, i'll still get it just how it looks, inferior though it be (What??!!)

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
Would I have liked more to the base? Yes, I sure would have. However, I do like the way it looks now also so its not a mega big deal

Just remember that the movie was one persons view of the books, all be it a good one at that, but why does it have to be "movie accurate" all the dam time? The LOTR’s are the 2nd most read books of all time??? Take it as 1 of many interpretations of the beauty of the books, as when I first read the books the RW’s looked different in my mind to begin with, so with the artists interpretation of this part of the book is just icing on one hell of a cake!!!! ;)

Well, they have to be as "move accurate" because thats what they have the license for and what these pieces are based on. It doesn't need to say "based on the movie" for folks to be able to know that.

Would I have liked more to the base? Yes, I sure would have. However, I do like the way it looks now also so its not a mega big deal

Well, they have to be as "move accurate" because thats what they have the license for and what these pieces are based on. It doesn't need to say "based on the movie" for folks to be able to know that.

No need to be movie accurate at all, that line is silly as the movies are licenced to the BOOKS, just like ANYTHING made from the LOTR's.....;)

Josh, how have you been, looooooong time man, good to see your still here!!!!

Re: RW dio - Should the Frodo excl come on a bigger base?

Nope, NOT at all, interpretation of the books, just as the movies, after all the description of the piece does not say “from the movie” ANYWHERE…….

I mean what the heck can a piece of rock add to this, zippo, nada, nothing,….

Take it of leave it, art, sculpting, are just an interpretation of the artist…..:rolleyes:

A "piece of rock" can add alot to this, like a wall of Amon Súl or a statue or anything to give it a feel of a proper enviroment.

And not sure what you are going on about but this is based on the LotR movie in which the Ringwraiths look like this.... so yeah not sure what you are talking about.

No need to be movie accurate at all, that line is silly as the movies are licenced to the BOOKS, just like ANYTHING made from the LOTR's.....;)

Josh, how have you been, looooooong time man, good to see your still here!!!!

No need? :confused: The line is based on the movies and the products can only be made on that. So any products made can only be made from the movies that represent the book. Not something that is LOTR but more leaning towards the books.

I'm good. Just takin it all is it comes. Oh yeah! I'm still here. :rock

Re: RW dio - Should the Frodo excl come on a bigger base?

A "piece of rock" can add alot to this, like a wall of Amon Súl or a statue or anything to give it a feel of a proper enviroment.

And not sure what you are going on about but this is based on the LotR movie in which the Ringwraiths look like this.... so yeah not sure what you are talking about.

I hear you, as I really have no idea on your statements or what the dysfunction is???
No they do not have to be movie accurate, the mood is set perfect to me just looking at the RW's, it is not an environment and true maybe SS by calling it a Diorama, it does lead to expecting some type of environment in the piece. But this little miss does not take away from the beauty of it, to me and apparently to many other people whom ordered them!! I really think it has to do with more of the price of the piece then anything else, as if it did come with more surroundings, this guy would have been more massive and possibly smaller dwarfed RW’s, which is the centerpiece of this Diorama, and I am sure SS did not want it to be that big in size and price…..

You could not have Frodo and this piece still be amazing I think. Having those coming at you like they are is quite menacing and cool at the same time.

I don't get how these pieces shouldn't be movie accurate though?

Wrong, wrong wrong, they all started and begin with the books....

They did but they're making pieces off of Peter Jackson's adaptation of LOTR (which is how I imagined LOTR to be). Thats what they have licenses to make. Its really that cut and dry. I agree LOTR or the dream to make movies/items started with the books but they're not allowed to make items just based off how they thought a RW looked from the book.

You could not have Frodo and this piece still be amazing I think. Having those coming at you like they are is quite menacing and cool at the same time.

I don't get how these pieces shouldn't be movie accurate though?

I agree that with or with out Frodo this piece is just stunning, 5 Wraths with that ominous feel to it is just going to add to my collection! I am actually looking forward to this piece more so then the Fell beast Dio, it has that same feeling when I ordered the Morgul Lord piece years ago!!!
All I am trying to say is for a piece to be made it does not have to mirror the movie, come on now as the movie is based on the books, I am not sure why one has to stick to the movie 100% for it to be a success? Come on now you must have some kind of memory on your minds that even the movie dentures from the books, just think about the first time your read the book W/O the movie and the images you had, impressive right? I mean when the movie came out you didn’t say HEY they didn’t look like that in my mind!!! Just take them for what they are, the sculptors interpretation of the LOTR’s, movies OR books……..……..

They did but they're making pieces off of Peter Jackson's adaptation of LOTR (which is how I imagined LOTR to be). Thats what they have licenses to make. Its really that cut and dry. I agree LOTR or the dream to make movies/items started with the books but they're not allowed to make items just based off how they thought a RW looked from the book.

The licence is to the LOTR's books or The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises (SZC). NOT to any movie....

I am talking about you Mr.! ;) You are taking these things in direction they are not meant to be taken. The movies and the books are totally seperate, no need to act like the movies do not exist.

Yuppers…………

But same to you as the BOOKS were there from the beginning and ARE the beginning….

No need to think they were just a book….. ;) ;)

So if these pieces can be based on the books as well as the films, does that mean i can still dream of that 'Tom Bombadil singing' diorama??

Back