RPF registration open again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
In case anyone missed or this hasn't been posted here yet

All,

RPF registration will be opened for two weeks from August 1st until August 14th. There will be no free email restriction. Please advise anyone you know that has been waiting!

Darryl

RPF Forum

That's odd, I just spoke with a guy who just registered there this morning and had no problems. Are you using a free email service?? I was surprised to see them say that ban was lifted for this registration, maybe it really isn't.

edit-- I logged out and clicked to register and found the message you guys got. I shot a pm about it and will let you guys know what I find out.

it denies you as soon as you click on the Register link.
No chance to enter an email address

Just heard back and it was recommended to make sure all cookies were cleared before trying to register. They said registration has been booming over the last 3 days so it is definitely still active.

If that's the case glad I got in when I did:lol

Seems to be fixed at least for the time being. If you haven't retried already, better get hoppin'

But why do they block registrations to their site?? I just don't understand...

same here - anyone care to enlighten? :confused:

Don't know all of the reasons, but a lot has to do with the nature of the site. It is a place full of folks recreating props and costumes from movies. By limited registration they keep a closer eye on the community there and help reduce the number of recasters and the like who are just interested in stealing other people's ideas/creations in order to resell them on eBay or elsewhere and turn a profit. Which also would draw the attention of any license holders involved as well and may pose even more problems.

It worked for me!

EDIT:

?
I can log in though...

I think the mods have to physically approve each registration. This also helps them make sure any members who have been banned aren't simply trying to get back in under another alias.

IIRC, The Clubhouse is the same way.

Back