Roswell - Big Chap Alien Burst 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably cuz these guys don't have a factory assembly line, looks like the artist (Sano) is doing everything himself by hand.

probably cuz these guys don't have a factory assembly line, looks like the artist (Sano) is doing everything himself by hand.

Indeed. The guy with an airbrush in one of those production shots is Sano himself.

Sucks that this thing doesn't have a Labor Day sale. :lol

Gah, if the 1/5 statue is pricier than this, then I missed out... then again, $780-something for a 1/3 bust is just nuts. Sideshow could probably out out a 1/2 version (although it probably won't look as good) for $500.
Won't look anywhere near as good..

Got mine! While the paint job is beautiful. Some mistakes were made by the packaging staff at Roswell Japan, not Hobby Search(great packaging!). Usually it's the boxes that causes all kinds of issues, but this time, it's the very first layer of defense that has been overlooked. While soft foam papers should be used for wrapping the piece and separates the head,body from the dome(Should be an A2 and B2 only issue), only few simple sheets of THIN normal papers was used. And that, caused all(I mean MANY) the paint chips that I see on mine. The tubing pieces on both sides got damaged also.

Now, I sure can fix/retouch it myself. But in this case, for the price I paid. I'm gonna have to contact both Roswell Japan and Hobby Search for a replacement. I want the piece and don't want a refund. If they can't replace it. I'll definitely ask for a partial refund, the reason is simple. I did't pay for a damaged product.

Bottom line, it's a freaking amazing and beautiful piece! A must have for me. While the damages ruins the fun quite a bit. It didn't change the fact about this amazing piece. I love it! Sans the paints chips and snapages. I'm sure this will be resolved quickly and I'll forget about it soon. Worst case is that I'll just have to fix/retouch it myself.

Though the damages sure is not welcomed, but I like said, it's sure is an AWESOME(wow) and a MUST HAVE piece. For those who ordered the A1 or B1 version shouldn't have the same problem. Let's wait and see what HS or RJ's responses will be.

And here are some pics.

Last edited:
Man, that's so beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics. Hope all goes well with your replacement.

Somebody really should send this to Hot Toys, for future reference :)

I love this piece, but can't justify the price. I've already got the Alien Cinemaquette, the old lifesize Alien bust from SS, the Marmit Alien, the upcoming Alien Big Chap on order and the lifesize HCG figure coming in. As much as I respect Sano, $1000 for this piece is simply too high. Congrats to all who got him - enjoy it in good health as it is really one of the nicest representations of the character out there.

I feel ya, my friend. It is expensive but worth every penny. It's all I want for my Alien collection(this piece only). For now.

Last edited:
Man, that's a major endorsement. I know how much you like the film. I'll give it some thought - I actually pre-ordered one, but after buying the 1:1 HCG figure and the Sideshow Big Chap I'm feeling a bit tapped.

I feel ya, my friend. It is expensive but worth every the money. It's all I want for my Alien collection(this piece only). For now.

Man, that's a major endorsement. I know how much you like the film. I'll give it some thought - I actually pre-ordered one, but after buying the 1:1 HCG figure and the Sideshow Big Chap I'm feeling a bit tapped.

Seriously, my friend. It's worth it.

If MK can take some forced perpective shots of the piece next to the HCG 1/1. You'll understand why. Size is important for sure but faithfulness will always be the key to make stuff like this work.

New Roswell Alien big chap wall mounting.
Photos were took during WonderFest 2015, Tokyo.

img_26_zpsopogqd4z.jpg
img_24_zps3sg3mp1e.jpg
img_27_zpsacvulouj.jpg
img_34_zpstsqmukgm.jpg
img_31_zpsq3ugjg4e.jpg
img_28_zpssgui6gr3.jpg
img_29_zpseps4mpph.jpg
img_33_zpsl0opxoaq.jpg

That's cool....it's almost half a head....no spine on top....wonder what scale it is if any in particular.

The bg texture seems to follow gingers sensibilities more effectively than many other pieces trying to emulate his style....nicely done

Dig it, but the bust was cooler. If only a distributor or bigger company would pick up these molds and make more of them available.

Back