Rooting hair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levit05

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have seen some tutorials on youtube for dolls but I HAVE NO clue how to do it with a 1/6 headsculpt.....could anyone that is well versed in this specific template help out by suggesting how to do it....PLEASE!!!...???...thanks again guys and gals....:)

I have seen some tutorials on youtube for dolls but I HAVE NO clue how to do it with a 1/6 headsculpt.....could anyone that is well versed in this specific template help out by suggesting how to do it....PLEASE!!!...???...thanks again guys and gals....:)

Lalla has done some beautiful work modding figures to have rooted hair:

https://blog.dreamwiz.com/ubchongik

Lalla is a member of OSW, perhaps you could try to get in touch with him there? (I think Lalla is a guy).

He/She won't say. That's part of Lalla's livelihood.
Why not ask MonkeyRobotMaster?
I think he digs out trenches on the scalp around the hair line and centerline and then glues the hair in. He post a picture somewhere with the sculpt bald.
I'm going to give it a shot too.

Wow, they actually cut some lambs skin off?! :|
Thanks for the link.

Is the lamb hair as stiff as human hair or softer?

Thinner than black widow's hair?
Do you have a supplier that you like to go to?

Thanks. Have you been able to straighten/curl the hair with heat or do you need to buy the needed texture?

Seems like it should be possible to build some makeshift curling/straightening iron.

holy crap Elvis...that is VERY HELPFUL...i was actually gonna try a different route but i will also try this because it seems simple enough....but thank you for the link...:)

That's one of the best on the web IMO. They have a lot of helpful links on their site too.

Great sellers for Lambs fur as Elvis posted. Been buying from them for a few years now.

yeah...as i get into customizing in this scale i find it difficult to try not to sculpt something....but this roting of hair is very hard...same goes with the skin tones...and then to try and match them to their bodies...WHEEEEW!!!

Levit,

There are several tutorials for various types of hair application at the 1/6 Warriors forum that I found. Here

Hope that helps.

~Eric

Back