Statue Rogue Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta luv Sideshow's new nomenclature:

Regular edition = Collector edition
Premium Format = Maquette

:slap

Humidity will speed up the process. It’s happened with the Batman pf briefs and the Indy pf jacket. Some Hot Toys figures had problems with clothing too. Some use 303 over clothing to protect.

I have my modern age batman in a box, now you got me worried :mad: although my catwoman is fine so hopefully it's not widespread - I would have heard about it before if it was

Overall I think it's a great looking stand alone piece... but if your grouping it up with other X-Men the Danger Room base doesn't fit in all that well, plus I'm not 100% sold on SS engineering skills...

Overall I think it's a great looking stand alone piece... but if your grouping it up with other X-Men the Danger Room base doesn't fit in all that well, plus I'm not 100% sold on SS engineering skills...

I think it'll look fine with the Wolverine Sentinel bases.

I'll just imagine the Sentinels are part of the Danger Room program.

Yea leaning is definitely a concern. I have 3-4 leaning SSC pieces myself. At $715 a pop, that's gonna be tough to swallow should there by ANY problems down the road.

Will just have to enjoy this beauty from the online pics then.

Yea leaning is definitely a concern. I have 3-4 leaning SSC pieces myself. At $715 a pop, that's gonna be tough to swallow should there by ANY problems down the road.

Which pieces do you have that are leaning?

I would've loved if it was priced at $600 USD, but with the 'Sideshow Maquette' status that was never going to happen unfortunately.

Unfortunately you're right.

Will just have to enjoy this beauty from the online pics then.

Yup. I'll be appreciating this statue from afar.

I think the PF's head is more "attractive" especially with a nice repaint. However, this one is both more detailed and realistic, and I think it does a nice job of capturing the character's fiesty attitude. Will be pre-ordering the EX once it goes up, but keeping the PF as well.

She looks like Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas.
With a little bit of Lucy mixed in.

Which pieces do you have that are leaning?

My cyclops PF is prob the worst...hes practically laying down lol. I use a couple doorstops now to prop him upright:lol believe it or not, he displays just fine this way. My OG Psylocke PF also leans a little bit. My J Scott Campbell spidey is leaning a little...the whole wall portion sorta leans. I believe this was a fairly common thing with this piece. Not crazy but its enough to notice from the side. My Superman PF leans a little as well. Not as bad as other people's images that I have seen but enough that it worries me. I should probably just get a cloth cape for him.

My cyclops PF is prob the worst...hes practically laying down lol. I use a couple doorstops now to prop him upright:lol believe it or not, he displays just fine this way. My OG Psylocke PF also leans a little bit. My J Scott Campbell spidey is leaning a little...the whole wall portion sorta leans. I believe this was a fairly common thing with this piece. Not crazy but its enough to notice from the side. My Superman PF leans a little as well. Not as bad as other people's images that I have seen but enough that it worries me. I should probably just get a cloth cape for him.

What are the conditions? High humidity? Direct sunlight? High heat at all? Polystone is just resin/apoxy mixed with sand, the shape can change somewhat due to certain physical conditions.

What are the conditions? High humidity? Direct sunlight? High heat at all? Polystone is just resin/apoxy mixed with sand, the shape can change somewhat due to certain physical conditions.

I live in San Diego so very low humidity. The room they were displayed in had windows but blinds were shut 90% of the time so no direct sunlight. I had AC for the hotter days of the summer on all day. I would say room temp is always 70-80 (80 being as hot as it ever gets with AC during the day while im at work). I doubt these conditions would cause leaning.

I knew about superman but not the others. Well hopefully sideshow have used improved designs and materials to match the price tag

Back