Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI, Adam Hughes here, fresh my my 3-day trip to Sideshow Collectibles in not-so-sunny California.

There's some confusion as to exactly WHAT the color image of Rogue is, that was used for the Production Blog teaser.

I took a JPEG of the wax casting of sculptor Tim Miller's beautiful Rogue comiquette, and I colorized it in Photoshop. That's all. I did in Photoshop exactly what the Sideshow paint team will do once they get a free second to paint up the prototype. The only 'drawing' I did on the piece was to do the make-up (eyelashes and such) that isn't delineated in the sculpt.

I'm so glad Marvel let us do the classic green costume! There are many Rogue statues of her in the classic Jim Lee-era outfit, but not one in her original gear; I'm glad we had a chance to touch on that bit of the character's history.

-AH!

I was wrong with my Jim Lee era statement.
I understand and now am excited about it.
All the reasoning is right.

Plus I forgot about the Black Cat statue (how in the hell did I do that).
I am a moron.

I was wrong with my Jim Lee era statement.
I understand and now am excited about it.
All the reasoning is right.

Plus I forgot about the Black Cat statue (how in the hell did I do that).
I am a moron.

Thank you so much for saying that. I have a friend who has every Rogue statue & bust ever made; if Marvel shot down this design, I was going to photograph his collection of 97 Jim Lee-era Rogues and 0 Michael Golden/Paul Smith Rogues to help argue our point. :lol

When Sideshow gets closer to PPO time on this one, and more images can surface, I really hope you enjoy the statue. Tim Miller did a Man's Job on the sculpting, and Rogue looks sexy and amazing from almost every angle.

Thanks again for being cool, man.

-AH!

Thank you so much for saying that. I have a friend who has every Rogue statue & bust ever made; if Marvel shot down this design, I was going to photograph his collection of 97 Jim Lee-era Rogues and 0 Michael Golden/Paul Smith Rogues to help argue our point. :lol

When Sideshow gets closer to PPO time on this one, and more images can surface, I really hope you enjoy the statue. Tim Miller did a Man's Job on the sculpting, and Rogue looks sexy and amazing from almost every angle.

Thanks again for being cool, man.

-AH!

No problem.
Like I said before, my initial reaction was just that.
I did what I don't like others to do and that is overreact without all the knowledge of the end item.

I appreciate you taking the time to post with us and giving some of your insight.
I happen to like the way you draw, especially the women.
Even though you do DC projects as well.:D

Adam,

Is there any other concept drawings besides the one you showed us and care to post them, please? And how did you and Sideshow decide that, that is the drawing that needs to be done in statue form?

Adam,

Is there any other concept drawings besides the one you showed us and care to post them, please? And how did you and Sideshow decide that, that is the drawing that needs to be done in statue form?

What he said Adam.
Only if you are allowed to though.

I was hoping for confirmation or denial from DarthSaffron on this comment.:rotfl
:lol I think every woman has some bad girl in them...I know I've been surprised by a few.

Adam and I are old fogies. For us, the X-men were a team that existed LONG before Jim Lee. Our Emma Frost is the John Byrne White Queen, and lately we've come to love the latest incarnation by Whedon and Cassiday. Rogue is a villian newly turned X-man, wearing green and white; not a southern belle with a yellow and green costume with a leather jacket.

Adam's interpetting classic incarnations of these characters. Incarnations that he personally cares about. There have been ALOT of statues of Rogue in the Jim Lee designed costume, but none of this era. I think its a nice addition. But I'm obviously biased. And old. :rolleyes:
I'm 20-something and didn't get into comics until the Jim Lee era, and I agree with you 100% -- even as someone who grew up on Jim Lee's Rogue. I think you guys' Rogue is great because of its originality, if for no other reason. I think the statue is a breath of fresh air because so many probably forgot that Rogue ever looked like this.

Also, it's not the skin-factor that makes the character sexy. Just look at Jean Grey...everyone wants a Jean comiquette before the line is through, and Jean has never worn a costume that I would consider overtly sexual. Her iconic Phoenix garb is head-to-toe coverage. We also can't judge this statue until we've seen the full piece...from looking at Adam's sketch, there's room to go to some risque places with the sculpt. I wonder if SideShow would take it there, heh. :monkey5

I think that would require Adam reading Age of Apocalypse.

I see where you are coming from, but it isn't to far out of the question, unless you have some inside info you would like to share, I just threw that out there to see if anyone would be thinking along the same lines, But what ever AH's does is always something that I am interested in. Thanks DarkSaffron

Adam, thanks for those shots and the explanation!

As you can see, I've been very pleased to see Rogue, and there are very many reasons why this statue might bring out all the best things about this line. Here's hoping we get this winner announced soon!

And another thing -- if you only decided on #5 back on the day of our chat, what's the current estimate of its preorder (and release) date? Not *gasp* as late as SDCC?

Adam, thanks for those shots and the explanation!

As you can see, I've been very pleased to see Rogue, and there are very many reasons why this statue might bring out all the best things about this line. Here's hoping we get this winner announced soon!

And another thing -- if you only decided on #5 back on the day of our chat, what's the current estimate of its preorder (and release) date? Not *gasp* as late as SDCC?

Pre-orders and release dates aren't the sort of thing Adam really has any say on, or even much knowledge about. Those things get decided by Sideshow; they have to take into consideration things like fabrication time and shipping and the schedule of other items being released.

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

Rogue.jpg

By Greenwell Studios

Not too surprising, AH! said he wants his takes to be done in stylings not seen a hundred times, not in styling never seen at all. The pose, costuming will be similar but it looks like AH! Rogue will have longer hair and certain....um......AH! Signature enhancements. Still psyched about it.

certain....um......AH! Signature enhancements.

Those alone are worth the price of admission :monkey5

I think it's an excellent costume choice. Besides, she could be wearing a garbage bag and Adam would find a way to make her sexy! Love the pose and I can't wait for her to join the other comiquettes on my shelf!

Back