Robocain action figure by three zero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAIN MKII

Super Freak
Reaction score
0KcIsU.jpg

Epic announcement :)

Wonder if this came about due to now having the ability to buy and tear apart CC's Cain.

What it means is MGM has made a mistake and double licensed the product in the same scale. We are just seeking clarity on what's going on, because honestly we don't know yet.

Is it possible that they used the different label (statue vs action figure) as a way to grant licensing?
Also, I thought that an accurate 1:6 posable Cain would have been too ridicolously expensive to produce.

What it means is MGM has made a mistake and double licensed the product in the same scale. We are just seeking clarity on what's going on, because honestly we don't know yet.

Any word from MGM? Is it possible that statues and toys are considered separate licenses?

I'm not an expert by any stretch but I've read that licensing can be very peculiar. I understand, for instance, that movie cars can be double-licensed if the second licensee locks the wheels, as this would qualify it as a statue, as opposed to a toy.

Nice update from Threezero for their Robocain:
M4pPOb.jpg

Very nice and it comes with a split face.
That can make a nice figure but some proportions must be corrected :)

A good effort so far.

But I see multiple problems areas.

I hope ThreeZero understands this complex character was created for the sole purpose of NOT being able to be accurately duplicated or reproduced. ThreeZero is fighting an uphill battle here, especially after Chronicle released the real deal-perfect replica.

It's the same scale as ours, we told the licensor that if one part from ours is recast there will be problems.

From what we hear and see it's another idealized toy.

Paul

I hope ThreeZero understands this complex character was created for the sole purpose of NOT being able to be accurately duplicated or reproduced.

I've heard that argument before and it is an extremely complex design but let's remember that was 25 years ago.

New and improve techs are able to do things now that weren't possible or maybe feasible back then.

Either way is a good idea to keep expectations in check as this isn't gonna turn out to be a replica. And that's fine too.

It's the same scale as ours, we told the licensor that if one part from ours is recast there will be problems.

From what we hear and see it's another idealized toy.

Paul
i guess the price for license was really high, judging by a STATUE price. thanks to licensors for that from a world of collectors who will never have lots of figures due to some greedy hollywood guys who didn't even invent the characters.

The amount of work that went into design, molding, assembly, painting... I think justified the price of CC Robocain :lecture

Back