Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quick pics of my T-800 Display

Wow :horror never seen this piece before Andy so I can imagine how sought after it is...massive Congratz :clap

Thanks bro! :) Yea, it's certainly not an OG piece that gets alot of love these days but im sure the other 299 owners out there are pretty pumped to have him in their collection :)

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

OMG Andy I just looked at the first post and that's pretty amazing and organized. I can't stand you! If you had to sell one of your statues which would it be?

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

OMG Andy I just looked at the first post and that's pretty amazing and organized. I can't stand you! If you had to sell one of your statues which would it be?

lol Dave :) i guess i've got far too much time on my hands at work to start a glossary index on my thread :lol then again, it certainly does help if you need to get somewhere specific ;) It's actually way in need of a major update...i've still got so much more to add to it which is why the best place to keep updated with my collection is by checking out my instagram page @robertobagg10collection

my collection has pretty much evolved considerably over the past year i'd say as i made the conscious decision to concentrate my collection on the Sideshow OG stuff. I mean, i was pretty much doing that anyway but also mixing it with new stuff too whereas now i'm kinda limiting myself on the new releases by Sideshow or XM to ones that are must haves...i just find that the quality of Sideshows old school pieces are just in a class of their own and seemingly the only statues that always seem to sell very well on the secondary market. Over the past few months i've seen prices crash for most XM pieces and Prime 1 too!

This past month has been utterly insane for me...i went into full retard mode and bought the OG Spiderman Negative Zone and Retro versions of the Premium Format (which certainly wasnt cheap!) :( then i got the X-Men vs Sentinel 3 piece Diorama set Exclusive (which i happened to open up yesterday and boy that Colossus/Cyclops Dio is just unreal!) so in terms of the Marvel OG's, i've pretty much managed to capture them all....all except one! It only happens to the be rarest one of them all.....and thats the Grey Hulk vs Spidey Diorama. Only 50 of those made worldwide and i hope to one day add it to my collection. I've also got into the Sideshow Marvel Legendary Scale busts big time! Man, those busts are proper addictive! Still looking to track down a few of those too :)

So if there was one statue that i'd sell? Damn...well unless its an OG piece then none of them would be for sale (at the moment) ;) so it would have to be something quite recent. I've actually sold quite a lot recently too like my Sideshow Spiderman PF (the latest one) i actually regret that sale now cos its a pretty awesome piece but then i've just bought the retro and negative zone spideys, ive already got 2 spiderman comiquettes (albeit one has been customised into the back in Black Spiderman) plus i've got the Iron Studios Spiderman pre ordered and im sure XM will also make a new Spidey statue soon too lol

I've also recently sold my Sideshow movie Hulk Maquette...again another awesome piece but i had to let go of it as i've ordered the ECC Avengers Hulk to take its place which i cant wait for!

If you were to really push me to sell an OG piece then i guess it would have to be a statue that could easily be bought back and wouldnt cause me untols stress like it was when trying to find the OG Green and Grey Hulk PF's or the OG Doom PF lol....so i'd prob have to say the piece i'd sell would be the Green Goblin Premium Format :)

006b5ab24d506b66c8670630141ac05d.jpg

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

The hulk spidey is the one dio i would have love to have gotten. Probably their best. Second by the colossus, cyclops dio. You have an enviable collection that i hope gets a set up in a deserving home soon.

lol Dave :) i guess i've got far too much time on my hands at work to start a glossary index on my thread :lol then again, it certainly does help if you need to get somewhere specific ;) It's actually way in need of a major update...i've still got so much more to add to it which is why the best place to keep updated with my collection is by checking out my instagram page @robertobagg10collection

my collection has pretty much evolved considerably over the past year i'd say as i made the conscious decision to concentrate my collection on the Sideshow OG stuff. I mean, i was pretty much doing that anyway but also mixing it with new stuff too whereas now i'm kinda limiting myself on the new releases by Sideshow or XM to ones that are must haves...i just find that the quality of Sideshows old school pieces are just in a class of their own and seemingly the only statues that always seem to sell very well on the secondary market. Over the past few months i've seen prices crash for most XM pieces and Prime 1 too!

This past month has been utterly insane for me...i went into full retard mode and bought the OG Spiderman Negative Zone and Retro versions of the Premium Format (which certainly wasnt cheap!) :( then i got the X-Men vs Sentinel 3 piece Diorama set Exclusive (which i happened to open up yesterday and boy that Colossus/Cyclops Dio is just unreal!) so in terms of the Marvel OG's, i've pretty much managed to capture them all....all except one! It only happens to the be rarest one of them all.....and thats the Grey Hulk vs Spidey Diorama. Only 50 of those made worldwide and i hope to one day add it to my collection. I've also got into the Sideshow Marvel Legendary Scale busts big time! Man, those busts are proper addictive! Still looking to track down a few of those too :)

So if there was one statue that i'd sell? Damn...well unless its an OG piece then none of them would be for sale (at the moment) ;) so it would have to be something quite recent. I've actually sold quite a lot recently too like my Sideshow Spiderman PF (the latest one) i actually regret that sale now cos its a pretty awesome piece but then i've just bought the retro and negative zone spideys, ive already got 2 spiderman comiquettes (albeit one has been customised into the back in Black Spiderman) plus i've got the Iron Studios Spiderman pre ordered and im sure XM will also make a new Spidey statue soon too lol

I've also recently sold my Sideshow movie Hulk Maquette...again another awesome piece but i had to let go of it as i've ordered the ECC Avengers Hulk to take its place which i cant wait for!

If you were to really push me to sell an OG piece then i guess it would have to be a statue that could easily be bought back and wouldnt cause me untols stress like it was when trying to find the OG Green and Grey Hulk PF's or the OG Doom PF lol....so i'd prob have to say the piece i'd sell would be the Green Goblin Premium Format :)

006b5ab24d506b66c8670630141ac05d.jpg

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

The hulk spidey is the one dio i would have love to have gotten. Probably their best. Second by the colossus, cyclops dio. You have an enviable collection that i hope gets a set up in a deserving home soon.

I absolutely love the Hulk Spidey Dio...despite missing the Grey Exclusive version i still think i prefer the Green version just cos its the traditional colours of Hulk i guess...

03939f1af56b185f3da07d57a0cf42cd.jpg

but yea, the Colossus/Cyclops Dio is out of this world! Will get pics up of that piece very soon! :)

So after selling OG Doom on Throne PF a few years ago, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity of getting him back in my collection once more...only this time I wanted to test my creative skills and build myself a display that the statue truly deserves and more importantly, a display that wouldn't cost me too much! lol! �� Infact, once I had completed the display, it worked out that I had spent just under $50 :horror

So the total cost to make my display came to a grand total of $43.86...and whilst I know my display isn't by any means of high quality or standard, it was most certainly a rewarding experience to achieve a cheap and effective way to display one of Sideshows best statues :) So basically the structure of the steps you see in the pics is made completely out of styrofoam...this cost me around $8 from a local builders depo and then all that was required was to measure and cut out the sizes I needed based on the scale of the statue itself to get the proportions right and then I cut away at some of the corners and sides of the structure to make it look like the building had suffered some damage and decay throughout the years...or at least that's what I was aiming for �� Once the steps were completed, I used some spare tile adhesive, which happened to be sitting around inside my shed and I used that to strengthen the styrofoam to help add a bit of weight to it. Once that was done, all that was left to do was to buy some automotive spray cans from a local mechanics which were on discount (White primer and then a Grey and a Black for the concrete effect which came to $8 plus another $3 for some Gold spray which I later used to paint the carpet rods) and then the steps were completed! To add the finishing touches, I added a sheet of red velvety fabric material and golden trim which I purchased from eBay ($3) to create the royal red carpet and then the 2 thin rods you see attached to the carpets were literally plastic rods I found in my dad's garden which he uses to straighten out plants that are in need of some TLC! Hahahaha...I just basically smoothed them down and spray painted them gold. That really completed the basic display and so far I had spent a total of $22! The only part that cost the most was the awesome fake lamp lights which cost me around $25.

Finally, one really frustrating part of the Doom PFs, both new and old versions, is futzing the bloody hood :gah: I remember the first time I owned this piece and on that occasion I managed to style it pretty well...however, on this occasion it was proving to be a bugger! So after 45 mins of trying to get the hood perfect, I decided to have him hoodless and since then, I absolutely fell in love with just looking at the masked portrait and the detailing on the helmet was something I hadn't even noticed until then...certainly the days when Sideshow were at their finest! Anyway guys, hope you like it! :)

7f8385169de70bf0c9e0fd1c8d93abcb.jpg

bfeb085b1664e1a6880d53d2dee26a29.jpg

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

:clap:clap:clap

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM DOOM ON THRONE PF EX DISPLAY

Only Andy can make a Grail, Grailer! :lol

Ah, nothing to see here. Just the grail of all grails made even better by Andy. :lol

Awesome base. You know I love your customs, nice work!

Great base Andy. Killer display!

What lights are you using for the base?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nice piece Andy :clap

Hey Brian, thanks for the kind words buddy :)

What lights are you using for the base?

You mean on the Doom display? They are like fake lamps that a friend of mine bought for me in the States...will try to get you the link :)

So after selling OG Doom on Throne PF a few years ago, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity of getting him back in my collection once more...only this time I wanted to test my creative skills and build myself a display that the statue truly deserves and more importantly, a display that wouldn't cost me too much! lol! �� Infact, once I had completed the display, it worked out that I had spent just under $50 :horror

So the total cost to make my display came to a grand total of $43.86...and whilst I know my display isn't by any means of high quality or standard, it was most certainly a rewarding experience to achieve a cheap and effective way to display one of Sideshows best statues :) So basically the structure of the steps you see in the pics is made completely out of styrofoam...this cost me around $8 from a local builders depo and then all that was required was to measure and cut out the sizes I needed based on the scale of the statue itself to get the proportions right and then I cut away at some of the corners and sides of the structure to make it look like the building had suffered some damage and decay throughout the years...or at least that's what I was aiming for �� Once the steps were completed, I used some spare tile adhesive, which happened to be sitting around inside my shed and I used that to strengthen the styrofoam to help add a bit of weight to it. Once that was done, all that was left to do was to buy some automotive spray cans from a local mechanics which were on discount (White primer and then a Grey and a Black for the concrete effect which came to $8 plus another $3 for some Gold spray which I later used to paint the carpet rods) and then the steps were completed! To add the finishing touches, I added a sheet of red velvety fabric material and golden trim which I purchased from eBay ($3) to create the royal red carpet and then the 2 thin rods you see attached to the carpets were literally plastic rods I found in my dad's garden which he uses to straighten out plants that are in need of some TLC! Hahahaha...I just basically smoothed them down and spray painted them gold. That really completed the basic display and so far I had spent a total of $22! The only part that cost the most was the awesome fake lamp lights which cost me around $25.

Finally, one really frustrating part of the Doom PFs, both new and old versions, is futzing the bloody hood :gah: I remember the first time I owned this piece and on that occasion I managed to style it pretty well...however, on this occasion it was proving to be a bugger! So after 45 mins of trying to get the hood perfect, I decided to have him hoodless and since then, I absolutely fell in love with just looking at the masked portrait and the detailing on the helmet was something I hadn't even noticed until then...certainly the days when Sideshow were at their finest! Anyway guys, hope you like it! :)

7f8385169de70bf0c9e0fd1c8d93abcb.jpg

bfeb085b1664e1a6880d53d2dee26a29.jpg

That looks epic bro!!:clap:clap:clap

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' THE ECC AVENGERS MOVIE HULK 1:3 STAT

No I was woundering what lights you use for all your bases they look like little led lights

Back