Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

Lol wow amazing! How do you have space for all this stuff? :clap love your collection excellent work my friend.

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

Oh wow Andy that is really something else. I'm glad you nudged me to come look at it. You've really done a stellar job putting it all together. I can imagine you are going to get many offers for this and you can thoroughly enjoy rejecting them :lol

I was trying to find a funny gif but all I could find was this...........

l3V0eCbMuafJL5dwA.gif

.......hey I tried alright :lol

This is my favorite piece of yours yet! I love the ship diorama, but more so because it is your custom creation. Too cool my friend. Great work Andy! :clap

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA P

Looks really awesome Andy really like what you did there. Great display piece for such little time spent :)

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA P

Just...speachless...
c4820b545967e051118a53bce2a9110c.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

Okay, had a spare 5 minutes so had to get this update up. Here's a little project i was working on over the Easter Holidays just gone...basically i purcashed a professionally painted 30" Hasbro Hero Millenium Falcon Model (which is only 4" shorter than the official Master Replicas Studio Scale version) about 4 months ago or so...infact, it was literally the day i came out of the cinema from watching 'The Force Awakens' that i saw this Falcon for sale on Facebook and literally bought it instantly! :lol I've always been a sucker for the Falcon...ever since i was 5 years old it was the spaceship that fascinated me the most...aswell as it being the very first major toy that i had as a kid!

So not content with just having this Falcon on display, i wanted to build a diorama with maybe a couple of Tie Fighters! All these images inside my head of how i wanted things to look began to look clearer as i was introduced to Bandai's 1/72 scale Star Wars ships...basically they come as a pre pracked kit which needs assembling and then painting. So i purchased 2 Tie Fighters and an X Wing from eBay and gave it a shot! I started with the X Wing and have to say that i was totally gobsmacked at how well i had painted it cos i didnt look too bad at all...even for am amateur like me! :lol So i also built and painted the 2 Tie Fighters also and not sure if anyone has ever had the patience to build and paint kits but for a first time, i actually found it really therapuetic! :lol

So with the ships all done i just needed something to bring it all together...and for that i decided to use Polysterene/Styrofoam for a rocky backdrop setting as ive worked with that material for previous projects and worked really well (for example with my Hot Toys DX09 Keaton Batman Batcave Diorama which you can see on page 775).

So once i had sculpted the rocky backdrop, all that was left was to harden the polysterene using wall tile adhesive and then painting it in the desired colour. Once complete, i then used thin wired rods and attached one side to the Tie Fighters and X-Wing and this enabled me to position the ships onto the backdrop in any position i wanted...this worked out really well! As for the Falcon, that was displayed using a much thicker acrylic cylinder that was cut at an angle allowing the Falcon to look as though its flying through mid air....very cool inhand i must say!

So all in all, it took me literally 12 hours (spread over 3 days) to build everything you see in the pics below (apart from the Falcon) and i couldnt be happier with the end result! What always makes it more satisfying is knowing its your creation and that you built a display from nothing so that makes it even more rewarding when i sit back and enjoy the view :)

Hope you like the pics guys and thanks for looking :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

6151dd3520dfb00558ea7831f4fdf4a1.jpg
I've been admiring your acquisitions, then mod/extras and sometime your customs and THIS my friend... THIS is the HOLY GRAIL of all custom/handmade item/collectible you've put together!!! The HAIL MARY of all those projects! I always thought your custom T2 on bike was somewhere epic, but THIS just takes it to a whoooooole new leve!!! :clap

That's it, you deserve some hula hoop for your work! :lol :lol :lol :lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now... where can I get that custom Millenium???

Do you have everything out on display?

You obviously have some fantastic pieces in your collection but I'd love to see them all out in your collection room or whatever. Are there any photos of this?

Wow these displays look awesome, that Millennium Falcon looks insanely awesome!

That Falcon is awesome! I really need to treat myself to a nice kit of it actually. And I really need a bigger house so I can make some cool dioramas also...

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Quick pics of my T-800 Display

Thanks buddy :)

That Falcon is awesome! I really need to treat myself to a nice kit of it actually. And I really need a bigger house so I can make some cool dioramas also...

Hey Matt, thanks :) Yea, it was my first time at attempting to build and paint a kit and totally loved it! The Falcon you see in the pics would be way out of my league but the 1/72 Scale Tie Fighters and X-Wing came out really well...even for me! :lol

Wow these displays look awesome, that Millennium Falcon looks insanely awesome!

Hey buddy, thanks for stopping by and for your great comments :) Much appreciated :hi5:

I'm generally a clean no-stand no-backdrop display kind of guy, but a diorama like adds so much to the display! Very cool.

Thanks for the kind words bro and for taking the time to stop by :)

Do you have everything out on display?

You obviously have some fantastic pieces in your collection but I'd love to see them all out in your collection room or whatever. Are there any photos of this?

Hey Cap, thanks for the great feedback buddy :) As you can imagine, for me to display everything i have would need almost a museum sized display space :lol Sadly, living in the UK, we dont get as much display space in the average home unlike those in the US or in Asia where the houses are built huge with tall ceilings and wide living or dining rooms :( so the majority (approx. 85% of my collection still remains in their shipping boxes) whilst the pieces i do have out pretty much take up all the room...

It definately sucks but the perks are that i get to open a box every other week (in some cases i've not had the statue out the box for over 3 years!) so getting them out feels like getting a new statue all over again :)

To think, i havent even begun to scratch the surface of what i have in my collection in this thread :horror to think my PO lists just get crazier every year and i always promise myself that this year i'll only order say one or 2 new statues! :lol yea, right!!! :slap

I've been admiring your acquisitions, then mod/extras and sometime your customs and THIS my friend... THIS is the HOLY GRAIL of all custom/handmade item/collectible you've put together!!! The HAIL MARY of all those projects! I always thought your custom T2 on bike was somewhere epic, but THIS just takes it to a whoooooole new leve!!! :clap

That's it, you deserve some hula hoop for your work! :lol :lol :lol :lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now... where can I get that custom Millenium???

:lol :lol Thanks so much for the kind words Marc :) its great feedback like yours that keeps me motivated to add my own personal touches to displays or statues so thanks to you and everyone for all your great support :)

Well done, Andy! I've been away for a bit and like always I come back and you ever-increasing collection just blows me way. Fantastic work on the Falcon! Keep it up!

Re: Quick pics of my T-800 Display

Sooo cool ;) first batman and now this, reall great idea:)

Thanks so much bro for the kind words :)

heavens!! that is one impressive diorama!! keep it like this and, judging by this thread, your collection will be museum worth!!

:lol :lol thanks buddy :hi5:

Totally COOL! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Glad you like it Mark ;) thanks buddy!

Well done, Andy! I've been away for a bit and like always I come back and you ever-increasing collection just blows me way. Fantastic work on the Falcon! Keep it up!

Hey bro, great to hear from you! Its a been a while so i hope that all is well :) As ever, thanks for your kind comments and support my friend :hi5:

That is sick

Back