Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SSC OG GREY HULK PREMIUM FORMAT ...

Here it is guys...probably the biggest grail in my collection but more importantly, its a personal grail of mine (along with the Sideshow Lord of Darkness Lifesize Bust) and so finally the curtain comes down on chasing my most wanted old school Sideshow pieces. It most certainly would've helped had i started out collecting back in 2006 when Sideshow released all their amazing pieces like the Doom PF, Captain America PF, Thor PF, Hulk PF's, etc...cos purchasing these pieces on the secondary market hasn't been cheap! :( I still find it unbelievable that most of those statues mentioned above all cost under $400 at the time of their official release!!! :thud:

The Grey Hulk PF, however, was the one i truly wanted more than any other collectible! The original Green version still remains as one of my all time favourite statues in my collection so the desire to one day own the Grey version became stronger than ever! I recall a time back in 2013 i think it was, when a Grey Hulk PF came up on Ebay (in the UK) and the asking price back then was just over $1050 :horror :horror and to think i let it go because i thought it was too expensive!!! :slap boy was i made to suffer that decision...2 years on and i paid almost triple that to get him in the end! :(

The market value of certain pieces have sky rocketed in the past few years...the Doom PF Exclusive still proves to be one of the most expensive statues to buy with the Grey Hulk PF closely behind...then other pieces such as the Gambit PF Exclusive, the Spidey and Venom Comiquettes and Iron Man MKI and VI Maquette Exclusives have also shot up in value!

So when the opportunity came my way to own one of my most wanted pieces...then i sadly had to pay the price :( but i was never in any doubt cos i know opportunities like these hardly ever come round once, let alone twice and after making the mistake of passing on it a few years back, i wasn't going to miss it this time! Only 179 editions were ever made of the Grey Hulk Variant and i was only 2 away from claiming number 179 :gah: 177 will do just nicely! :yess:

Like with my Green Hulk PF, the sheer size and presence of this beast is really something to behold..only a few pieces in my time as a collector has given me such excitement and joy and Hulk was definately one of those moments :) The paint apps are superb and the mixed media pants really add to the realism of the character....almost like its jumped right out of the comic books! However, what gives me most satisfaction is just the sheer size, weight and presence and for that reason is what sets it apart from anything else in my collection...plus of course i'm a big Hulk fan too! ;)

Enjoy the pics :wave

9199e0cc6e7ece760f38c8aa25f535c4.jpg

07649be48c8ce44b19616859daf81fa8.jpg

7ce0e8af6f4e439dbf20cc5d1109c58c.jpg

14aee5d799ab82429b73d03cea5100c3.jpg

94a11071b388fb0cb4db7c368d91670c.jpg

11be7fee14626de799e527916ca78a80.jpg

a08fc3bf84b928e4cc4db8692a7c0be7.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC OG GREY HULK PREMIUM FORMAT 177/1

Congrats Andy, I wish Sideshow could paint as good this now, the paint apps on this are on par with Hot Toys quality paint apps. :rock

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC OG GREY HULK PREMIUM FORMAT 177/1

nice one andy..better get a large stock of bread for the next few years mate:lol......or is that till the next ''grail'' pops up:wink1:.

Looking good. I hate to think about how much this cost

That's a lotta debt Boba. :wink1:

Congrats Andy! That is one impressive statue for sure.

congrats! dreams come true :) and uff that price is :horror

Looking awesome dude! When are we going to see a full collection video tour?

Wow es is 179, true PF size, heavy solid, a true PF before the later years with smaller statues, huge to no ES, prices going out of control, and QC issues. Congrats on the huge classic masterpiece by ss.

Another grail acquisition by Andy :clap:

Big congrats my friend Andy, very great acquisition!

Congrats Andy on this timeless acquisition. Amazing piece.

When talking about grail, this one is truly one of them!!! Congrats!!!

Amazing statue. Congrats on tracking it down.

Congrats Andy, I wish Sideshow could paint as good this now, the paint apps on this are on par with Hot Toys quality paint apps. :rock

Thanks Steve :) Yea, the paint apps on these older school sideshow pieces are nothing short of breathtaking...hence why these particular early generation statues are so sought after and bloody expensive! :lol :lol

nice one andy..better get a large stock of bread for the next few years mate:lol......or is that till the next ''grail'' pops up:wink1:.

Thanks Chris! :) hahahaha....if i continue the way i'm going then it'll be bread and water for life! :lol

BTW, thanks for all your help with the Abomination PF buddy : You and Nicky will be glad to know i finally managed to track one down in the UK...plus had it hand delivered ;) Its a monster!!!! :thud:

Appreciate that Dave :) thanks buddy!

P.S. I also hate to think about how much it cost too! :lol :lol

That's a lotta debt Boba. :wink1:

Congrats Andy! That is one impressive statue for sure.

:lol Thanks Alex :) Yea, really stoked to finally have this bad boy in the collection!

congrats! dreams come true :) and uff that price is :horror

They certainly do my friend :) sadly those dreams can also prove to be quite expensive! ;)

Looking awesome dude! When are we going to see a full collection video tour?

Hey Ty, thanks for the kind words my friend :) still a while off before I get a video tour done but feel free to check out my Instagram account which features my whole collection thus far :) Just click on the Instagram icon below my username on the left hand side :)

Wow es is 179, true PF size, heavy solid, a true PF before the later years with smaller statues, huge to no ES, prices going out of control, and QC issues. Congrats on the huge classic masterpiece by ss.

Thanks so much CBG :) yea, this piece is one of the holy grails no doubt and I'm very grateful to have had a second opportunity at owning him :)

Another grail acquisition by Andy :clap:

Thanks Angelica :) Haven't seen you on the forums so much lately :dunno hope all is well :)

Big congrats my friend Andy, very great acquisition!

Thanks my friend Adam :)

Congrats on that Grail! Great achievement!

Congrats Andy on this timeless acquisition. Amazing piece.

Thanks for the kind words Yoga :) totally made up on this one bro!

When talking about grail, this one is truly one of them!!! Congrats!!!

Couldn't agree more Marc :) thanks buddy!

ONe of SSC's best. COngrats, Andy!

Totally Michael...doesn't get much better for any Marvel statue collector :) Definately Sideshow at their very best!

Huge Andy! Awesome statue :goodpost:

Thanks Brian :hi5:

Amazing statue. Congrats on tracking it down.

Thanks buddy :) the old grail pieces are always difficult to find but in the end would you believe that the guy i bought it off only lived 30 mins away from me :horror go figure! :lol

Congrats on that Grail! Great achievement!

Thanks for the kind words bro :hi5:

Back