Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' PRIME 1's MOVIE MEGATRON!!! PG700

I look forward to that day as I think in your case it is a necessity. :wink1:

:lol :lol indeed it is Steve :) and the sooner the better cos otherwise I'm going to be running out of space to put all the boxes let alone worry about where to display them!!! :horror

and things are only gonna get worse as I've just PO'd my next XM piece which is one of my favourite Marvel characters....it's the XM Thor :rock

9abeae2d4f1ad735ad376d956b9da184.jpg

4541ed98172ab469e09f112dc2d1c769.jpg

124b3eb9d896ead78787a904920a65a2.jpg

45f15d5f31f22691094b9f99cd48046c.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE

Whoah that Thor is amazing!! :thud: It just made me forget what I was going to write about Megatron :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE

Great nice pieces you recieved Andy :clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE

Whoah that Thor is amazing!! :thud: It just made me forget what I was going to write about Megatron :lol

:lol :lol Yea, I figured that if I was going to pre order my first non Iron Man related character from all the XM releases so far then Thor was gonna be it! Love all the releases so far by XM...Magneto, Thanos, Phoenix, Hawkeye, Antman, etc...but Thor is one of my big favs :) I've decided to have a small section of my collection dedicated to XM pieces with some of my favourite Marvel characters...Out of the reveals we've seen so far I think next up for me will be Daredevil and then Doc Oc...oh and maybe Cable too ;) :lol :lol

a6c1e3ff1ad8e060cdba5086e32fbf25.jpg

5f58b026127214f944db5cb5cbd8637e.jpg

9d1b421052c4bb687c17421c14cbff8d.jpg

Great nice pieces you recieved Andy :clap

Hey Brian, thanks buddy :hi5: Hope your well my friend :)

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE

So continuing the theme of XM Studios, here is my update on my first XM arrival which was a few weeks back now....and of course it had to be Iron Man :rock :lol So not everyone's favourite suit or movie I know but this MKXLII 1/4 Scale statue by XM Studios really is expertly done. The paint apps are absolutely immaculate, which was a real worry for me after Iron Studios disaster paint job for their rendition of the same armour a few years back :(

Unlike Iron Studios, XM really pushed the boat out to achieve, as close as they possibly could, a incredible attention to detail to make this piece as movie accurate and I've got say that they've done a remarkable job! So much so that Sideshow will have to certainly pull out all the stops with their MKXLII Maquette later this year to know this one of its pirch as the best Iron Man MKXLII statue made to date and in all scales!

What strikes you first about the paint apps is just how crisp they are and how the lines are so smooth and with no bleeding...however, what was great to see was that the gold colours have a metallic sheen to them which in turn makes the suit appear to be metallic and not just painted a random gold colour...it actually looks like a metal suit!

The XM MKXLII Statue comes with some great features and alternate display options...you have the 3 switch out portraits which are:

* Iron Man MKXLII Faceplate
* Tony Stark reveal portrait
* Pepper Potts reveal portrait

These really are some cool options to alternate between and in my opinion, each portrait gives the statue a whole different look. Absolutely stunning skin texture on the Robert Downey Jnr. portrait it has to be said and although its difficult to tell by just the pics, its the closest I've seen yet to give Hot Toys a run for their money in regards to such a lifelike look to a portrait...and totally refreshing to see on a statue! So often in movie statues, we see a great pose and sculpt for the body but its let down by a poor looking and dull portrait :( This isn't the case with this piece and only bodes well for future movie pieces, if XM decide to go that route :)

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the Pepper Potts portrait and probably one that I'd use very much, it's still a great idea by the XM Team to include her as it allows the statue to relate to some of the more memorable parts of the Iron Man 3 movie.

Okay, so going back to the switch out options...you also get included 2 right arms plus a number of hand gestures for both the left and right sides. These are really great for transforming the complete dynamics of the piece as you can interchange between an action stance with the arm up option with open palm position or a more classic museum pose by using the relaxed arm option with the clenched fist hand position...another nice touch is the left hand with the faceplate attached to it which works perfectly with the RDJ portrait and is also my choice of display :)

So all in all its a solid piece that certainly holds its own in the world of Iron Man collectibles...and with that said, I'm gonna score this impressive piece as a 7.5/10 which could have been an easy 8 or 8.5 had there been a light feature in both the Arc Reactor, Eyes and Repulsors...i'm a bit old school and love to have my Iron Man statues light up as that's what helps bring the whole piece to life...but, I can totally appreciate the route that XM went with this one as had they included lights on this MKXLII then we most likely wouldn't have seen all the switch out parts that were included due to the electrical difficulties, etc...then again, you have to ask yourself the question, what would you rather have? A MKXLII statue that has lights but is painted poorly and totally inaccurate....or a MKXLII statue that has no lights but looks so good that you think the darn thing just walked out of your TV whlist watching Iron Man 3 on blu ray!!!! :lol :lol I know which I'd rather have! ;)

Anyway, thanks for looking and enjoy the pics guys :wave

18a92122e74c046a9b9aa51f6fa920d3.jpg

4491510cbb7653348bac435312e2e14d.jpg

e5af6404c1220a207be341e69e012297.jpg

408aec5a2a1b8f440fed5d65e52cfdfd.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE PG7

Thx Andy, great review. :wave I canceled my Maquette IP / 42 from SSC. I feel more lucky with the XM art. :dunno

And i love your next PO for XM. Thor will blow everything away, but he need a lot of space. :yess:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' XM STUDIOS IRON MAN MKXLII STATUE PG7

Looks good Andy. Very nice piece.

Great Review.... For me the light feature is a non-issue because 99.9% of the time I never use the light features in my statues, even so a few of them have stopped working when I tested them before selling the statue years later which Unforntantly hurts the resale value of the statue. So for me personally I would of probably gave XM bonus points for not including a light up feature...

Nice review Andy. Congratulations on acquiring the XM IM piece. The two IM statues from XM are the only two I haven't POed yet. :lol Welcome to the XM world of collecting. They are making some really incredible looking statues. I cannot wait to get Magneto in the next couple of weeks.

Dood you have an amazing Iron man collection.

Congrats Andy!

fe7b7d767c73d1f9ba2520e1fa3dab4c.jpg

63887f05fa03208ede5a20e6400d6742.jpg

2a644f4bca1a60d34a9e78661c283c62.jpg

f9c76e55dc93d8a4b831056aebef0385.jpg

And some comparison pics...

827f675b1cc9cc521fcf8a567f498c23.jpg

IMO the sideshow portrait looks more RDJ, personally I wouldn't display this statue with the RDJ portrait. So if it has no light up features how were you able to take these shots where it looks like light is coming out of his hands? :huh

Very great acquisition my friend Andy ;)

Great review and great shots (as always)
And thanks to rub in my face about the Iron Studio fiasco.... :gah:

Looks really nice Andy . Fits in well with the worlds biggest iron man collection :)

That new piece from XM is mint. Man, your collection is growing like crazy!

Congrats, Andy! Not a fan of XM's RDJ sculpt, but the rest of that Mark 42 is fantastic! XM's killing it with all their comic version statues, though!

Thx Andy, great review. :wave I canceled my Maquette IP / 42 from SSC. I feel more lucky with the XM art. :dunno

And i love your next PO for XM. Thor will blow everything away, but he need a lot of space. :yess:

Thanks Chris :) yea, I've still got theSideshow MK42 pre ordered and will be interested to see how both compare in hand....I've heard that the paint apps were really flat on the Sideshow version last year at Comic Con :horror

Cant wait for XM Thor bro :panic: desperate to see what they come up with for the base :dunno XMs diorama bases are the best around :)

Looks good Andy. Very nice piece.

Thanks Yoga :hi5:

Great Review.... For me the light feature is a non-issue because 99.9% of the time I never use the light features in my statues, even so a few of them have stopped working when I tested them before selling the statue years later which Unforntantly hurts the resale value of the statue. So for me personally I would of probably gave XM bonus points for not including a light up feature...

Yea, I'm slowly coming round to the idea myself as I hear more stories of blown LEDs and flickering lights :( I do like having them but understand that it's just not practical because sooner or later you know that it's gonna stop working! :( thanks for the kind words bro :)

Nice review Andy. Congratulations on acquiring the XM IM piece. The two IM statues from XM are the only two I haven't POed yet. :lol Welcome to the XM world of collecting. They are making some really incredible looking statues. I cannot wait to get Magneto in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Mike :hi5: yea, XM have taken the collectible world by storm and they don't appear to be stopping any time soon. I just had to get into the action myself and already ordered the MKVII and more recently the XM Thor....plus waiting eagerly for Daredevil, Cable and Doc Oc :rock

Bet you can't wait for Magneto bro :panic massive congrats on that great piece and I look forward to your pics bro :)

Dood you have an amazing Iron man collection.

Congrats Andy!

Thanks Tam for the kind words buddy :)

IMO the sideshow portrait looks more RDJ, personally I wouldn't display this statue with the RDJ portrait. So if it has no light up features how were you able to take these shots where it looks like light is coming out of his hands? :huh

Do you think so Steve? Well, two things you have to bear in mind lol...the portrait on the XM MK42 does look great inhand but i'll agree its not 100% RDJ and as for Sideshow, the portrait that you see in the pic is from the prototype so you can imagine what sort of likeness we'll get on the production piece :lol :lol

Personally, I think both of them lack the full 100% likeness but the XM portrait looks so realistic and to say that about a statue as opposed to a figure is pretty unheard of

Very great acquisition my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam :)

Fantastic as always!!

Thanks Chris :hi5:

Back