Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

Yea, that's what I was thinking also :exactly: at least it was almost pretty much the same apart from the Arc Reactor being upside down :lol glad your happy with it my friend :)

Yeah right! Arc reactor flub

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR FIX

Great job on the reactor Andy,I cancelled mine on Monday but I might try and get a one at a later date still.

Hey Brett, thanks buddy :hi5: shame you had to cancel...although once you have it inhand I think you'll really like it. Whilst your thinking about getting one later down the line, ive got my second Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale bust arriving tomorrow :horror :lol :lol

I must spread some reputation before giving you rep again, but this is an awesome job my friend.

:clap

Spread that rep brother Eric :lol thanks my friend :clap

Is internet robbery a thing? I'm going to point a gun at my computer screen. Give me all your collectibles!

:lol :lol Great post Ferg, thanks mate :hi5:

Thanks Dave :)

Looking good, Andy, Congrats! :clap:clap:clap

Really appreciate that Mark, thanks buddy :wave

Nicely done Andy!!! It looks way better now... don't know yet how Sideshow screw it...

Hey Miki, how is the new SSC MKIII Lifesize bust going? Are you wanting another now? :lol Thanks for the kind comments :)

Great job Andy :clap

Thanks Jay :hi5:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR...

a9u3usa8.jpg

yteqyves.jpg

seve9amy.jpg

ysyhynuz.jpg

ne6udyza.jpg

pusubu8a.jpg

You've done it again Andy! well done on the AR fix, I knew you could do it. Was I right in reading your buying another one?? :lol you are truly Iron Man nuts dude lol looking forward to seeing your repainted Mark42 :panic:

Congrats to everyone who got their iron man bust.

I should be getting mine tomorrow.

Yeah thanks.."Contrary to popular belief it is a great piece"( if you get a good one!)

Although it seems few and far between as to whether you get a "good one" or not which shouldn't be the case on a piece that was delayed for almost a year! :( Still, looking forward to seeing how consistent Sideshow are with the Battle Damage once I receive my other bust today...

One thing i completely forgot abt was that this Iron Man bust is based on the MKVI suit worn in the Avengers and not Iron Man 2...not that it makes much difference as they the suits were both the same in both movies as far as I know. The fight scene between all 3 super heroes, Iron Man Thor and captain America, still has to be one of my favourite parts of the movie! :lol "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?" :lol :rock

yta5yga7.jpg

Sideshow have always lacked in the paint app department when it comes to producing effective Battle Damage on their collectibles, notably the shoulder guards on the Wolvie LSF which were just awful...however, I still don't think the battle damage on some of the Iron Man busts that I've seen have been that bad although from looking at this pic from the movie Avengers, it could have been better in places

5ura9u3a.jpg

Congrats to everyone who got their iron man bust.
I should be getting mine tomorrow.

Thanks Tam and congrats on your imminent arrival. Hope yours arrives safely my friend. My second Iron Man bust arrives today :yess:

oh lord, LoD 1:1 my wet dream ^^, Hope one day, dreams come true :D, best bust ever - breathtaking.

and rest you collection -> fantastic! really congrats, I looking forward to your new pic and new statue.

and now tony is complete and correct.:clap

Thanks Chris :hi5: at last eh! :lol

Did you use heat at all or just repeated scoring with the x-acto?

Hi Kamandi, no heat used at all my friend, just used a scalpel to loosen the glue around the edges and then literally yanked it off! Infact, I have just opened my second Iron Man MKVI bust and that Arc Reactor was even easier to remove! I think each bust will vary in terms of how much glue was applied to the Arc Reactor...

:yess: Excellent Roberto!! Was THAT SOOO HARD SS?!?!?:mad:

I know it's hidden but seriously that's how it should have been all along great work man HI FIVE!

Tina-Fey-giving-herself-high-five.gif

:lol :lol great post Ondi! And love the gif :rock thanks as ever buddy :hi5:

Very great job Andy!

Thanks Darth :)

Going good Andy. As usual tied up with work stuff. Glad to know that you POed the WW statue. It will surely be a great addition to your awesome collection. And just checked out your fix on IM LSB and it looks flawless. Fantanstic job as usual mate.
TeFhv.gif

Hi Sarv, yea...in the end I chose Wonder Woman over Gladiator Hulk...purely to finish off the trinity display :wink1: I think I made the right choice in the end as I can always pick up Hulk locally as there is no EX and so the inhand pics will be very interesting to see as that will play an important role in my final decision as to whether I will add him to my collection or not. Thanks for the kind comments regarding the Iron Man fix buddy, really appreciate it :1-1:

Great acquisition bro!

Thanks Darth :)

oh lord, LoD 1:1 my wet dream ^^, Hope one day, dreams come true :D, best bust ever - breathtaking.

and rest you collection -> fantastic! really congrats, I looking forward to your new pic and new statue.

:lol :lol it was my wet dream for nearly 2 years also....Hahahaha!! Thanks you so much for your kind words Sovel and congrats on your collection also :clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* SSC IRON MAN MKVI LSB ARC REACTOR...

Great job my friend!!! :rock

Thanks so much Serg :clap

Awesome work. Salute

Hey V8, thanks buddy! :hi5: any news on your next arrival?

So, have SS offer you a contract yet, to fix 6000 Mark VI yet? Lol

:lol funny you mentioned that Asdf...just received my second Bust and have fixed that one too so 2 out of 3000 aint bad eh :rock

really nice job on the fix Andy, was it hard ?

Thanks Wei, the fix was relatively easy although a lot of patience is needed, especially if more glue was applied to the Arc Reactor. The one I fixed yesterday literally popped out with ease so each one varies I guess :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!!

So I received my second MKVI Bust yesterday (for customising purposes) and was interested to see how consistent the battle damage was on each of my busts. Well, as you'd imagine...there wasn't much consistency at all. I'm guessing as these busts are put infront of a factory worker its literally freedom of choice as to where they decide to apply it :lol For example, as you can see from this comparison pic that one bust has notably more BD on the chest piece than the other...not only that but the bust I received yesterday has literally less than 10% worth of BD on the faceplate compared to my original one which was at least 40% I'd say.

supahyse.jpg

However, the biggest difference I could see was not the application of BD...instead I noticed that 1) the position of the pump fist arm seemed to be different and at a different angle. The actual position of the wrist seems to have been placed on at a different angle (as shown in this comparison pic) look at the black vertical line below the wrist as a guide...very weird :dunno

by9uta7y.jpg

I also noticed that the second bust appears to be bigger in size??? WTF!! :huh

8e7u6a5y.jpg

Either way, the Arc Reactor on this second bust was a doddle to fix...literally no glue seemed to be used and I literally popped it out with ease! For those who are contemplating this fix, I say give it a go..you may have one that is literally ready to fall off :lol

vybega7y.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!W

Wow.... Not consistent at all.

It still look nice though congrats.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!W

I can't believe that there is such a difference between these busts. Which one is 1/2 scale ?

Yeah one of them is clearly fake. Just chuck them both & be done with it Andy. It's not like your not got anything Iron Man in your collection :D ;)

Weird this difference in size between the two copies may be due to excessive draft in the same mold...

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* I'VE GOT ONE BIGGER THAN THE OTHER!!!

So I received my second MKVI Bust yesterday (for customising purposes) and was interested to see how consistent the battle damage was on each of my busts. Well, as you'd imagine...there wasn't much consistency at all. I'm guessing as these busts are put infront of a factory worker its literally freedom of choice as to where they decide to apply it :lol For example, as you can see from this comparison pic that one bust has notably more BD on the chest piece than the other...not only that but the bust I received yesterday has literally less than 10% worth of BD on the faceplate compared to my original one which was at least 40% I'd say.

supahyse.jpg

However, the biggest difference I could see was not the application of BD...instead I noticed that 1) the position of the pump fist arm seemed to be different and at a different angle. The actual position of the wrist seems to have been placed on at a different angle (as shown in this comparison pic) look at the black vertical line below the wrist as a guide...very weird :dunno

by9uta7y.jpg

8e7u6a5y.jpg

Either way, the Arc Reactor on this second bust was a doddle to fix...literally no glue seemed to be used and I literally popped it out with ease! For those who are contemplating this fix, I say give it a go..you may have one that is literally ready to fall off :lol

vybega7y.jpg

Wow those are some major differences for the same item. The fact that it is bigger than the other one is really weird. :confused:

Excellent shots Andy!!! :clap

Wow.... Not consistent at all.

It still look nice though congrats.

It is what it is Tam :dunno consistency doesn't appear to be one of the MKVI LSB's strong points. How did you get one with yours buddy? You missed the delivery yesterday right?

I can't believe that there is such a difference between these busts. Which one is 1/2 scale ?

I know right...one of them has to be an imposter! :lol

Yeah one of them is clearly fake. Just chuck them both & be done with it Andy. It's not like your not got anything Iron Man in your collection :D ;)

:lol :lol wouldn't be so bad if it was one of the fake ones Steve...at least they had the Arc Reactor the right way round!! :lol :lol between you and me, I'm starting to go off Iron Man a bit...:pigfly:

P.S. I see you sent your post during the England match last night...I thought you'd be too nervous to take your eyes off the screen! These are critical times for the England players as they fight for a seat on the plane to Brazil :panic: My boys played really well last night despite fielding a weakened team with no Balotelli or De Rossi plus Pirlo didn't come on until the second half. Spain edged it 1-0 thanks to a Buffon goalkeeping error. Still think England vs Italy will remain a draw come 14th June

Weird this difference in size between the two copies may be due to excessive draft in the same mold...

Very weird Darth :exactly either way, doesn't bother me too much as one of them is going to get a make over anyway :wink1:

8e7u6a5y.jpg

vybega7y.jpg

WTF indeed! That's a pretty substantial difference in size :lol :slap

If you have a scale you should weigh them both for us Andy.

On another note: Who doesn't like a bigger bust? :monkey3

Back