RIP Tom Petty

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my top two favorite musicians and the first concert I ever saw back in 1980. A true gentleman and serious talent, you will be sorely missed! RIP.

I now hear that he may still be alive but not expected to make it. I sure hope he pulls through this.

Yeah, news outlets are now backpedaling, as the CBS report everyone else was citing used an unconfirmed source.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A lot of initial reports said he was put on life support but had no brain activity. I think he's gone.

You got lucky also hit home for me as a youth. Will be a tragic loss for many.

This is the video I most remember from him. Kind of freaky to see as a young kid.

*edit: never realized that's Dave Stewart at the beginning until rewatching it*

Also if you watch the video for "Into the great wide open" you can see where he an J Depp started out as friends.......and as a delicious pun......you will catch a glimpse of a "Friends" star at the end....Matt Leblanc......

I also give credit for The Steam Punk look to Tom, from "you got lucky"

Always been a huge fan, he is one of the people that got me into my music career way back when....

This song is much more rare....but one of his best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loved Tom Petty and also loved the traveling Wilburys. Tom had a great sense of humor but was also very poignant in his song lyrics. Very sad to hear that he has passed on.

Just read he passed surrounded by family & bandmates Officialy at 830 pm in florida. Very sad again this is one of most favorite live songs and always will be.
You are and always be A TRUE KING OF ROCK N ROLL!

Gutted. I can't believe he's gone. So glad my friend and I saw him in concert about 2 years ago. It was my first and now only Petty concert. I'll never forget it. RIP Tom.

For any of you that haven't heard any newer music from Petty for a few years, check out "I Should Have Known It" on YouTube. It's a rocking Petty song that I was thrilled to see him play live.

I'm glad that he got his final tour in. He had said it would probably be his last. He wanted to spend more time with his granddaughter. So sad that he won't be able to now.

RIP Tom.

RIP. I had tickets to see his 40th anniversary tour show this past summer at Summerfest in Milwaukee, but had to sell due to other obligations. Sad I won't be able to see him in the future. I really enjoyed his music.

Back