RIP Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some day there'll be none of those childhood heroes left at all. 90 years old... cool forever.

Another icon of an era that is quickly passing into history.

It is frightening how quickly things pass and how quickly things change. Before you know it the MCU "Golden 10" years will be 20 years old. I mean, the original Iron Man is already 12 years old. I think that's about how old the Connery Bond movies were when I first started watching them.

I just love how he could play any character from any country and any era, and do it with a Scottish accent. :lol
One of my favourite films with him, Hunt for Red October, has one of my favourite scenes ever: Alec Baldwin imitating Connery's accent. Simply awesome.

He was the man....dog.
C0115259-C42F-4DEC-A9EC-CC0D086C3001.jpeg

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sean-connery-dies-indiana-jones-harrison-ford-i-1234821547/

Last edited:
:duff

I was too young to see the first couple Moore outings at the theater, so to me growing up Connery was Bond... on those wonderful Sunday Night movies.

Sunday Night Movies was my introduction to Bond. In fact when I think of Bond my memories always go back to the Sunday nights.

I vaguely remember 13 days of Bond. Seems like the movie channels play Bond marathons either in March or in September more recently.

I'm expecting some Connery Bonds to show up soon in rotation.

I vaguely remember 13 days of Bond. Seems like the movie channels play Bond marathons either in March or in September more recently.

I'm expecting some Connery Bonds to show up soon in rotation.

That would be nice. From Russia with Love and Goldfinger are my favorite Bond films. Never Say Never is a guilty pleasure. From Russia with Love was the first Connery Bond film I saw because it was my dad's favorite Bond movie. He saw them all in theaters until Moore took over. He still hates Moore. :lol I like Moore and his cheesy films. :dunno

I only have vague memories of Moore's movies, really have to take the time to watch some of them again. I remember liking Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me. And I've never seen The Man with the Golden Gun or Live and Let Die... or On Her Majesty's Secret Service...

I really should go back and watch all of them! :yess:

Back