RIP Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Moore Movies I like The Spy who loved me and For your eyes only best. View to a kill is alright for Christopher Walken as Zoran. Least favorite Moore Bond for me is Octopussy. Connery has some of the best and made Bond the franchise successful from the start. Class act all the way. From Russia with love and Goldfinger are my favorite Connery Bonds.

:lol

I must be a few years older than you because I can remember the late 70's one....

Now this is me...

200.gif

I am 49 years and remember the late 70's SNM intro very well :)

I don't remember Thanksgiving Bond... what period was that?

I dont recall that.. I do recall King Kong, Son of Kong, and Mighty Joe Young playing every Thanksgiving on Channel 11 out of NY.

That would be nice. From Russia with Love and Goldfinger are my favorite Bond films. Never Say Never is a guilty pleasure. From Russia with Love was the first Connery Bond film I saw because it was my dad's favorite Bond movie. He saw them all in theaters until Moore took over. He still hates Moore. :lol I like Moore and his cheesy films. :dunno

Moonraker and TSWLM where my first two Bond films actually. FRWL was my 3rd and then OHMSS...

I would say as a kid I liked the Moore Bond films more as they were Gadget filled and more kid friendly. But in my teen years I became a full Blown Connery Bond fan and really dont think anyone else comes close.

DC is my 2nd fav with Moore as my 3rd. I would say PB was my 3rd for a while but he really only has one really good Bond film. I hated and still dont care for TD.

Connery is still the only perfect Bond.

Connery Bond movies had that perfect balance: thrilling and amusing, sexy and adult and yet full of 12-year-old boy's fantasies, charming yet sarcastic, cruel but cartoony. And yes, its perfect adventure for young boys and as you get older you can still enjoy re-watching for all the adult innuendos and sex-appeal that is appreciated more as a young adult.

Even though Goldfinger is ancient by most terms, it is still a perfect action movie in the same way that Die Hard is. Everything just works, there's very little down time, and that damn thing puts a smile on your face every time.

Connery Bond movies had that perfect balance: thrilling and amusing, sexy and adult and yet full of 12-year-old boy's fantasies, charming yet sarcastic, cruel but cartoony. And yes, its perfect adventure for young boys and as you get older you can still enjoy re-watching for all the adult innuendos and sex-appeal that is appreciated more as a young adult.

Even though Goldfinger is ancient by most terms, it is still a perfect action movie in the same way that Die Hard is. Everything just works, there's very little down time, and that damn thing puts a smile on your face every time.

Yep.. I agree with just about everything... Except..

I have never been the biggest Goldfinger fan. I know, I know. It the Bond that started Bond but I always have been a bigger fan of From Russia with Love, Thunderball, and even You Only Live Twice. There are parts of Dr. No that stand out to me more.

Dont get me wrong I still like it.. But its just not my fav of the Connery Bond films. Goldfinger is not my fav villian. ***** Galore is not my fav Bond Girl.. I do love me some Oddjob though :)

I didn't like Goldfinger when I was young. Preferred the more action-oriented YOLT and Thunderball and Diamonds Are Forever (which I now see as pretty silly). But I saw Goldfinger at a Filmex weekend movie marathon at the age of 15 and it blew me away. I had forgotten so much and had gotten to an age where I enjoyed the verbal sparring more than the physical fighting. And gaudy, tacky Goldfinger was just the perfect opposite to stylish Bond. Also seeing it with a live audience and on the big screen made it seem more modern for a movie that was 15-20 years old already. After that, my Big Three were -- and still are -- Goldfinger, Thunderball and YOLT. My favorite varied over the years, but Goldfinger still remains the best structured, paced, and written Connery Bond.

Yep.. I agree with just about everything... Except..

I have never been the biggest Goldfinger fan. I know, I know. It the Bond that started Bond but I always have been a bigger fan of From Russia with Love, Thunderball, and even You Only Live Twice. There are parts of Dr. No that stand out to me more.

Dont get me wrong I still like it.. But its just not my fav of the Connery Bond films. Goldfinger is not my fav villian. ***** Galore is not my fav Bond Girl.. I do love me some Oddjob though :)

I think the three essential Bond films that created ALL the franchise tropes are Dr. No, From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. Every other Bond film takes elements from those three films. Other action films also took some cues from the Bond format by having 3 to 5 isolated action scenes like BULLITT and others from that time period. That change somewhat with First Blood, which had action from the jail break onward for a total of 54 minutes out of 96.

Back