RIP Ray Harryhausen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
:monkey2
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/05/07/ray-harryhausen-obit/2141651/
ray-harryhausen_1616704c.jpg

yeah, I was a little late with this thread..... let it fade away...

A true genius... I love his work. Few things are as visually satisfying as his his stop motion work.

Didn't see any details about his death, but hopefully it was peaceful.

Good lord, I thought he'd died years ago. With the army of people it takes now to create a special effects sequence, there'll never be another Ray Harryhausen, bringing fantasy monsters (and children's imaginations) to life with his own two hands.

jason-and-the-argonauts_zpsb5be22d0.jpg

1963-argonauts_2065449i_zpsaa9bfb17.jpg

tumblr_lga0nhjq4s1qf83cro1_500_zpsdd557f00.jpg

harryhausenx_zpse086fac2.jpg

Talk about the end of an era. We're not going to see the likes of him for a long time, if ever.

RIP Mr. Harryhausen. Thank you, and thank you again. :duff

Good lord, I thought he'd died years ago. With the army of people it takes now to create a special effects sequence, there'll never be another Ray Harryhausen, bringing fantasy monsters (and children's imaginations) to life with his own two hands.

jason-and-the-argonauts_zpsb5be22d0.jpg

1963-argonauts_2065449i_zpsaa9bfb17.jpg

One of my favourite films.

The guy is a legend. RIP Mr Harryhausen :monkey2
x

I somehow missed this... Such a bummer. I love Ray Harryhausen. I love his films and I love the man himself. Not just a great F/X artist but a great story teller (through his work).

I brought my boys up on his films as I believe it is important to see those films before they watch the more modern FX. Funny thing is. My kids imagination have always been more captured by Rays work then ILM or Weta.

RIP Ray!

Back