RIP Jonathan Frid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Read today that we lost Jonathan Frid on Friday,4/13.According to the article I read, he was looking forward to attending the premiere of the new film.A life well lived...PS

:monkey2
Just read this in the news...
I was watching Dark Shadows last night...
bummer...
He did a cameo for the new movie...
He will always be remembered as the true one and only Barnabas Collins...

According to whom?... :dunno

Sweeney Todd, Big Fish, Corpse Bride and even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were very well received by both critics and general public...

Saying Frid's contribution to the genre will be tarnished by the new movie is simply not true...
it's like saying the Psycho remake ruined the original...
or that Van Helsing ruined the original Dracula...
No need for that here, this is a thread to remember Frid, not a Burton-haters fest.
:wave

According to whom?... :dunno

Sweeney Todd, Big Fish, Corpse Bride and even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were very well received by both critics and general public...

Saying Frid's contribution to the genre will be tarnished by the new movie is simply not true...
it's like saying the Psycho remake ruined the original...
or that Van Helsing ruined the original Dracula...
No need for that here, this is a thread to remember Frid, not a Burton-haters fest.
:wave

33.gif

I liked Frid. I cannot help but wonder why news of his death has taken 5 days to hit the net, though. When some celebs die...its on the news in a matter of minutes it seems. Here's to Frid.:duff

I liked Frid. I cannot help but wonder why news of his death has taken 5 days to hit the net, though. When some celebs die...its on the news in a matter of minutes it seems. Here's to Frid.:duff

I heard about his death on Friday. A friend of mine posted the news on facebook. RIP :(

I heard about his death on Friday. A friend of mine posted the news on facebook. RIP :(

Really?
Wow... I was out of town and was watching DS over the weekend and talking about it with my Mother-in-law... we even watched an episode...

Last night we were watching the finale of Season 3 where Frid gave a great performance...
It's sad he didn't get the chance to attend the premiere for the new movie... they say he was really looking forward to it... :monkey2

Last edited:
I'm bad it was Sunday he posted the news of his death. My apologies.

Yeah, I've been sharing Dark Shadows with my sons in anticipation of the movie coming out, they both enjoy it almost as much as I do. No matter how the movie is, Jonathan Frid will always be Barnabas. R.I.P.:monkey2

Back