RIP Frank Frazetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frank_frazetta_deathdealerIII.jpg

At first i was deeply saddened, but his life on earth nearing the end WAS A LIVING HELL.

he is happily at rest with his beautiful wife. You will be missed Frank, but your legacy will live forever through your art.

He was a true legend. Back in the early 80s my dad bought me a Death Dealer puzzle. I just love that painting; it made me a fan for life. And I still have that puzzle.

May you rest in peace Frank knowing you changed the world and fueled the imaginations and creative endevours of millions.

I'm genuinely very sad here. Been a crazed fan since I was 12.

Frank%20Frazetta%20-%20Conan%20le%20destructeur.jpg

frank_frazetta_thebarbarian.jpg

16c6o43.jpg

Frank%20Frazetta%20-%20Guerrier%20sombre%20a%20cheval%20(2).jpg

Creators around the Internet are reporting the same thing: That legendary artist Frank Frazetta has passed away at the age of 82.

Frazetta was well-known for his dynamic, rugged art on seminal comics characters ranging from Conan the Barbarian to Shining Knight to Vampirella. One of Frazetta’s most iconic images — the Death Dealer, painted in 1973 — which eventually was used in comics, novels, and even a CD.

Additionally, Frazetta also hit Hollywood, most notably for the animated 1983 feature Fire and Ice. He also drew movie posters for What’s New, Pussycat?, Hotel Paradiso and the Gauntlet, among many others.

Yet the Frazetta family’s personal life has also been tumultous at best — recently, his son Frank Jr. was arrested for driving a backhoe into the Frazetta Art Gallery, attempting to take $20 million in paintings. Frank Jr. had said that he had the power of attorney over his father’s estate — the charges were eventually dropped.

“My son is an alien,” Frazetta told the Ponoco Record in March. “There’s no telling what he’ll do. He’s been like that for, I don’t know, how many years. We played baseball in the old days. He always chose the opposite side from me.”

While there is no word as to how Frazetta died, he had suffered from a number of health conditions in recent years, including a thyroid condition and several debilitating strokes. ‘Rama readers, feel free to give your thoughts on the creator in the comments section below.

Just wow, RIP....

A recent pic of the great man!

https://www.comicsbeat.com/2010/05/10/frank-frazetta-rip/#comment-44948

We all knew he was getting on and his health wasn't the best but man, it's still rather devistating.

Pete Steele died a few weeks ago and I loved Type O Negative and now (though a far bigger deal to me) Frank Frazetta. Make one feel strange and rather mortal.

Last edited:
Back