RIP Eli Wallach

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By a long shot. The entire main cast was dead before the 60's were over.

They pretty much died before the film was released or that same year. MM and Gable. Clift I think died in a car accident not to long after

Yeah, Monty did have a car accident, but didn't die from it. His face was badly injured, though, and needed plastic surgery.

RIP Eli. He looked like a really nice guy.

Youre right he was hurt in the 50s, and now I remember how messed up he looked on screen a few times, The guy did have his share of problems...Misfits was really one of the greatest films of the early sixties, but I know most remember him for TUCO in TGBATU

RIP Eli Wallach

Godf3Connie2.jpg

First thing I ever saw him in was The Moonspinners with Haley Mills when I was a kid- he was a great bad guy.

As a further point of interest to these boards he was also a spastic art collector in How To Steal A Million who traded his fiancé Audrey Hepburn for the chance to own a one-of-a-kind statue. Haha I think we ALL can relate

And this was a must watch for any fan lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMDybv44k8

Lets not forget the heavy in The Magnificent Seven, even though he couldnt ride a horse nor shoot a gun...looked like crap when one watches it but because it was the M7 and was Eli it wasnt bad..

Absolutely. Magnificent Seven is my favorite western. Calvera was a great villain; crude and merciless.

The Misfits is still my favorite role he did. Tuco was a great foil to Blondie and Angel Eyes, but Guido had a depth that none of his villains did.

Back