RIP Davy Jones from the monkees.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw The Monkees in 1986 here in KC....great concert...lots of energy...fun band and fun tv show....Davy will be missed.

Micky Dolenz remembers Davy Jones:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkv5Fq-U0Zc[/ame]

I was a Monkees fanatic in the mid 80's. I loved that show so much. The Monkees were also my first "rock" concert in 1986. :monkey2

Me too Pix! I can't believe how bad I feel about this. :(

When I came home from work and my mom told me that a Monkee had died, I thought it was Peter because he had been fighting cancer for so long, but when she said Davy, I was shocked.

My favorite pic of Davy.

6955812597_ac09d908e9_o.jpg

I had to dig out some things my eldest brother gave me when I was a kid. I have a set of Monkee comics, Monkee spectacular magazines and a card set from the 60s. Really cool to look through those.

They just won't be going to the main funeral but will go to other memorial services. I can understand why.

They just won't be going to the main funeral but will go to other memorial services. I can understand why.

:exactly: It's about Davy and his family, they don't want to turn it into a circus. Really sad that he was the youngest and passed away first.

:exactly: It's about Davy and his family, they don't want to turn it into a circus. Really sad that he was the youngest and passed away first.

I'm shocked Peter is still around. He's been fighting cancer for quite some time. Hopefully he's in permanent remission now. Hard to believe he's 70!

I bought People magazine today with him on the front cover. I'll be reading that at lunch tomorrow.

Not much of a circus with one monkey:thud:lets hope the pixies had it right with this monkeys gone to heaven:pray:

RIP, Really loved the show growing up And Davy was my favourite, seemed like a really genuine sort a guy whenever I saw interviews, & loved the songs & his voice was ace! RIP Davy Jones

Maybe someone on the board should make a davy jones from Monkey's figure

Back