Ringwraith on steed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread may have just gotten interesting. :lol

Well the box just got here. Very odd that SS never opened the package, the thing still has the old tape firmly sealed. My question is this, do I open it or not? I think I am needing to sell it to fund other things and I'm not sure a sealed piece is better than one that has been opened and checked for damage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

chris

Well the box just got here. Very odd that SS never opened the package, the thing still has the old tape firmly sealed. My question is this, do I open it or not? I think I am needing to sell it to fund other things and I'm not sure a sealed piece is better than one that has been opened and checked for damage.

chris

IMO, I'd leave it as is, and offer to open and inspect it prior to shipping. You might get a little more for it being unopened. But, you won't know if it was damaged should the person you sell it to claim it came broken. However, if that happens, you should be sure to have it insured for shipping and let UPS or whoever pay for that. I bought a SSC TMNT Turtle NIB, and had the seller open it before shipping to make sure it was undamaged. That was important to me because he's the one that has to ask for a replacement from Sideshow in the event of damage.

IMO, I'd leave it as is, and offer to open and inspect it prior to shipping. You might get a little more for it being unopened. But, you won't know if it was damaged should the person you sell it to claim it came broken. However, if that happens, you should be sure to have it insured for shipping and let UPS or whoever pay for that. I bought a SSC TMNT Turtle NIB, and had the seller open it before shipping to make sure it was undamaged. That was important to me because he's the one that has to ask for a replacement from Sideshow in the event of damage.

Dang I was hoping you would say to open it because I want to see the thing myself :)

chris

ALWAYS ALWAYS open the package and inspect the content for premium formats. If you ship it unopened and buyer tells you it's damaged when they opened it, you have no idea if it's true or not.

For 12" that's a different story, usually looking through the box clear cover is good enough and they lose value if opened.

But premium format i dont see any difference between opened vs unopened new items. I buy a lot of sideshow stuff off ebay and prefer the sellers who open and inspected their items to avoid potential issues as those boxes are insanely huge to move/ship.

Edit: premium format include dio/polystone etc..

Ok I just opened this guy up and all is well. I posted it on eBay where the pics are located. Thanks

Ok I just opened this guy up and all is well. I posted it on eBay where the pics are located. Thanks

good luck with your sale, it will be tough to get the price you want. SS is literally CRUSHING us with new items every other week.

Back