Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Amazing pics!! But why does he have a cuff line running down the middle of the hood? Or is that the light?

It looks off. It should be one piece shouldn't it?

Looks great! Very nice job on the pictures also. I'm not the best futzer so I'm gonna have to take my time with the cloak.

Quick question ...

I remember one of the coolest (and creepiest) details of the prototype was the fact that, like in the movie, you could see the nails from the horseshoes coming out through the tops of the hooves. (Mordor's blacksmiths aren't terribly careful.)

Are they still there in the sculpt? Can't quite tell from the pictures.

There is a seam in the hood, but it's not nearly as noticeable as it appears in the pictures. I put him in direct daylight from several angles to not let the blacks wash out in the photos, but in most display settings you would not see that. I'm still playing with the cloth a little to get it to lay right and show all of the layers. The scabbards were a little tricky to put on, but without the sword hilt in the long one, that kind of blends in anyway. I don't have any issue with the sword hand exclusive. The wrist is at a funny angle, but again if the horse is rearing and he's trying to point a full length sword down at the ground, that would be about right. It is also consistent with how the Nazgul held their blades in the films, IIRC.

There is a seam in the hood, but it's not nearly as noticeable as it appears in the pictures. I put him in direct daylight from several angles to not let the blacks wash out in the photos, but in most display settings you would not see that. I'm still playing with the cloth a little to get it to lay right and show all of the layers. The scabbards were a little tricky to put on, but without the sword hilt in the long one, that kind of blends in anyway. I don't have any issue with the sword hand exclusive. The wrist is at a funny angle, but again if the horse is rearing and he's trying to point a full length sword down at the ground, that would be about right. It is also consistent with how the Nazgul held their blades in the films, IIRC.

If the cloak and hood is separate from the rest of the costume.. it may be inside out.. they may have not turned it right side out after the sewing in the factory.. take if off when you have a few moments and check.. maybe it will be an easy fix..:)

Quick question ...

I remember one of the coolest (and creepiest) details of the prototype was the fact that, like in the movie, you could see the nails from the horseshoes coming out through the tops of the hooves. (Mordor's blacksmiths aren't terribly careful.)

Are they still there in the sculpt? Can't quite tell from the pictures.

Yes, you can see vertical lines protruding along the curve of the hoof, and they are painted a blood red.

If the cloak and hood is separate from the rest of the costume.. it may be inside out.. they may have not turned it right side out after the sewing in the factory.. take if off when you have a few moments and check.. maybe it will be an easy fix..:)

I'm pretty certain it is on correctly because of how the head works. Somebody asked about what is in the cloak - it is an armature-type extension that has a curved top and a flat bottom, like slicing the top third of a golf ball. That slides into a pocket on the interior of the hood to form the shape of the head, and then there is a wire inside the edge of the hood to shape the opening. I can keep checking, but I believe it is on correctly.

Well Odb.. it looks awesome!!! Congrats on a great statue!!! Enjoy it!!!

Holy crap!!! Unreal!!! I'm going to lose my mind when I get this tomorrow, it's absolutely stunning!

Sideshow, you magnificent sons of *****es, you've done it again! :clap:clap:clap

Oh wow! Massive and beautiful statue! SS hits a home run with this. The dwarves are 'dwarfed' :lol standing next to this statue! Awesome!!!!:clap :yess: :clap

Mine is heading to the land of OZ due for delivery next Wednesday it shipped yesterday bad news is I am away until Thursday so will just enjoy the photos

:exactly:I think it stinks...It's terrible:lecture....It sucks:gah:....................................................................that I dont have mine yet:wink1:

Back