Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

Beautiful. I'll try to get the exclusive but honestly it's such a small difference that the reg would make me just as happy.

Ok folks here are the hi-res pics:

Thanks for the pics! :duff

This looks amazing.
Funny thing for me is that I prefer the Regular edition for this as well as the ML PF. Although with this one I may actually use the sword from time to time. I've never removed the flaming sword of the ML from the box except for when I inspected it originally.

I love how this looks except for the ex sword hand, looks awkward in those pics. I usually dig the Ex's but not so sure about this one.

Thanks for the pics! :duff

This looks amazing.
Funny thing for me is that I prefer the Regular edition for this as well as the ML PF. Although with this one I may actually use the sword from time to time. I've never removed the flaming sword of the ML from the box except for when I inspected it originally.

I'm with you there. Regular looks great.

If I get this I'll have to display it on the floor...no way in hell is this fitting on a bookcase or table.

Oh it will fit on a table now a bookcase might be an issue especially if its very deep at all.

Speaking as somebody who's been around horses their entire life, I can pretty much guarantee that if that was a real horse rearing at that angle, carrying a rider that size, and with it's hind legs in that very awkward position, it would be on the floor on it's side/back very quickly. The balance and weight distribution is all off (a bit like with the twisty Morgul Lord). That said, it's clearly still an awesome looking piece. Very nice indeed. :)

Oh it will fit on a table now a bookcase might be an issue especially if its very deep at all.

The only table that it might work with already has Orthanc and hopefully Bara Dur when Weta release it.

Think I might get a round piece of wood and paint it black just to give it more support on the carpet.

Well, then that would be a problem for displaying it. :lol

Get a nice black paint and smooth piece of wood and you should be golden. You could also get a lazy Susan which would be cool.

One minor nitpick I have is that the steed seems to be rearing up too high. With a person on his back, it shouldn't be able to rear up that high. Of course, Tolkien never specified just how much a Ringwraith weighs (if it has any weight at all), but the armor should count for something.

Boy tough to say. People on SF are talking about the size which was what I first posted somewhere in this thread. The horse does slightly undersized but I DO think they were this size in the movie. My first impression of the chase scene in FOTR was that the horses seemed small so I think this proportion is technically screen accurate.

I like the right side of the horse's head MUCH better than the left.

The rearing issue is odd, it does look high but not in pics 9 and 10 above which look like a totally different and more shallow angle.

Beautiful. I'll try to get the exclusive but honestly it's such a small difference that the reg would make me just as happy.

Ditto and given what this will cost not to mention shipping I'm soooo getting the reg from my usual german retailer.

This is the best angle IMO, I will display mine like this:

2uijach.jpg

The price shouldn't be more than $699 (cost of 2 PFs), hopefully less.

Speaking as somebody who's been around horses their entire life, I can pretty much guarantee that if that was a real horse rearing at that angle, carrying a rider that size, and with it's hind legs in that very awkward position, it would be on the floor on it's side/back very quickly. The balance and weight distribution is all off (a bit like with the twisty Morgul Lord). That said, it's clearly still an awesome looking piece. Very nice indeed. :)

You are trying to apply the laws of physics to a fictional ghost/wraith.

Back