Ringwraith on horse animaquette in UK for £50 delivered!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello captain, I've been skulking the far corners of middle earth to try and find bargains for us all...and how are you sir? :D

Wonderful, como siempre. I missed seeing you here; we always need the lovely words of a fair lady in our midst. Did you get a chance to order Gandalf the Grey? He's TOTALLY worth it if you do!

You mean the LSB or 12"? The first is yay (exclusive, no #16) and the second nay (*whispers* I don't like 12" figures ssshhh)!

It has been good speaking with you sir, but alas I must depart, as I have many dales and hills to traverse before my day is ended...

...in other words I have to go to bed as I'm up early in the morning for work! :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol Ok, one last post before bed...

....I'm guessing you don't approve of my dislike of the 12" figure line?!?

What can I say its polystone or nothing for me! However, make 5 points (which I will read tomorrow) to change my mind and take me away from this apparently eroneous path...good luck! :D

1) Articulation

-The articulation makes them so much more fun! Pose them however you like, and never get tired of the same pose! They can fight, stand tall, and anything else you want them to do! You can make your collection totally unique with distinctive poses that are all your own! Who can resist?

IMG_1525.jpg

2) Costumes

-I don't care how nice the sculpting is, nothing beats a real costume. You can adjust it and make it look perfect, or add things to it. You really get to appreciate all the layers and textures and fabrics. It's like having a little museum with tiny replicas of the movie costumes right there on your shelf! SO beautiful . . .

935011894_6acaaaba16_o.jpg

3) Accessories

-Whoopie! So much stuff! Never get stuck with only one look. Swords, knives, bows and arrows, shields, horns . . . anything! You can change the look from a noble swing of the sword to a daring shot with the bow! Never get tired of the same thing, and make the character look the way you want it to!

IMG_3663a.jpg

4) Display Quality

-1:6 figures are a unique and classy addition to any collection. It's a museum-type display that captures the feelings of the movies in a way few collectibles can. They can interact with each other because of their poseability, and they can be put in dioramas or shelves and always look good. They have the feeling of a real "collectible," and they're not as static or hard-nosed as statues can sometimes be.

SANY0329.jpg

5) They're FUN!!!

-Honestly, who goes around playing with statues? I mean come on, you know Michelangelo didn't get to play with the Pieta--they just stand there! 1:6 figures are TOYS too! You can play with them, use them, heck the arrows even work! How can you not love something that's not just cool, but fun? 1:6 is the best format you can get--I'll be faithful to the end! Long live 1:6 figures!!!

9221_press02-001.jpg

9213_press09-001.jpg

9212_press02-001.jpg

Last edited:
Great points, Cap! GG can't possibly deny the coolness of the 1/6 line after that! :monkey5

That is certainly an impressive spread you have laid out! Nice work you may, and i insist MAY, have convinced me! :D

On the off chance that this feeling will last I have put in a pre-order for the GTG exclusive...the question is will it survive until shipping?!

By the way you are a fine salesman, if you ever move away from middle earth than you should definitly work for sideshow! :lol

Warlock- I'm trying to resist!!!

I'm not a fan of the 1/6 stuff. Had Aragorn but didn't like it. I also had a few SW figures and same thing there. They look to childish, and the sculpts are usually off, yes some look good. But I rather Poly, Statues are more Artistic where 1/6 are more dollish. :D

I'm not a fan of the 1/6 stuff. Had Aragorn but didn't like it. I also had a few SW figures and same thing there. They look to childish, and the sculpts are usually off, yes some look good. But I rather Poly, Statues are more Artistic where 1/6 are more dollish. :D

:lol

I think I agree with you...after a good long sleep I've decided to stick with poly and statues only...sorry captain! :D

Me too, personally I really dislike the 12" figures, but thats whats good about this hobby, all the variants, something for everybody.Each to their own thats what I always say.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ringwraith GondorGirl :duff
x

Me too, personally I really dislike the 12" figures, but thats whats good about this hobby, all the variants, something for everybody.Each to their own thats what I always say.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ringwraith GondorGirl :duff
x

No Problem, Its been sent today so I should get it tomorrow...I am really looking forward to this piece. I'm a sucker for a man in a black cloak!!! :D

And I'm glad there are more of us out there who prefer statues and poly!

No Problem, Its been sent today so I should get it tomorrow...I am really looking forward to this piece. I'm a sucker for a man in a black cloak!!! :D

And I'm glad there are more of us out there who prefer statues and poly!

Theres loads of us, we're everywhere, hee hee.

Edit: Im tempted to get this piece, havn't got any of the animated stuff so I am a little wary but its supposed to be awesome
:rock
x

Last edited:
Hey Shell :)

When you get the Ringwraith, can u post some pix pls?? I'm hopefully going to Collectormania in Manchester next Saturday (8th) and may well buy one if I can find a good price.

Ta heaps

Rob

Hey Shell :)

When you get the Ringwraith, can u post some pix pls?? I'm hopefully going to Collectormania in Manchester next Saturday (8th) and may well buy one if I can find a good price.

Ta heaps

Rob

Hi Tolkien collector, mines arriving tommorow, do you want me to post some pics just in case Shell doesn't receive her's by then?

Have a great time at Manchester 4, I know I will! :D

Back