Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the face sculpt from this angle at all:

star-wars-rey-premium-format-300494-08.jpg

I will be passing.

Sideshow's photo has given me an idea. I'm going to glue a walnut on top of an apple and paint them white and orange and save myself $285 plus shipping.

I'm going to gamble on these and just wait and see what discounts come along down the line. I really like them, but they are not "must haves" to me at those prices. I'll stick to smaller scale pieces for these characters.

Where did they get the price already? Yeesh but hey R2 is far more costly for the PF $100 more R2 or not. I do not see the big deal. Even with the 1/6 scales droids they are all the same cost so I consider BB8 to be cheap looking at the normal trends.

Now they should know $100 off the combo but won't.

Bottom line though you will have to PO the EX if you want that helmet because I can't remember the last release that had the release total same day.

The portrait is good and while some will always complain as this site shows all the time it's far ahead of past work and really looks good. I guess as you walk by it you can love it then hate it and then love it yet again

NOTE: her stick better light up

DOUBLE NOTE: Customer Service told me they redid the discount codes and that they should work when it gets posted for PO for her and any in the future.

While Rey is not perfect....I like her and I think they did a very respectable job. Plus with current prices of 500-600, seeing her at 479 actually feels like a bargain. Wow...I can't believe I just said that...

BB8 is definitely overpriced but I really liked that damn robot and unlike MYC....my clay handling skills leave a lot to be desired.:wink1: Soooo....I'll probably be getting him too.

I just hope BB8 can be placed into a Besta with Rey AND another PF so I don't waste valuable space on him :lol

PAX rule!!!!!

NOTE: only Jabba in in the right spot. Others will move or be in different shelf systems. Many PFs not shown or here yet lol. Just to show you.

IMG_1270.jpg

BB8 PF under $300 seems priced ok. He's YUGE! Lol ok maybe not huge but big and has a base and opens up.

The price is likely set as is because they know many will buy both so the fake extra costs they cry about making new stuff over $500 was easily ditched since they don't want sales of BB8 to either be low or cancel Rey orders or lower them.

Bet if there was no BB8 Rey would be $579ish

I like how the Rey PF looks. The hands will have to line up perfectly though, won't look nearly as natural if we get a Sandtrooper PF hand/gun situation.

Feel like barfing after reading the blog though:

'supreme movie-accuracy and exceptional attention to detail'
'for many collectors our Premium Format™ Figures have become the gold standard'
'beautiful and thoroughly lifelike portrait'
'captures Rey’s likeness so perfectly that it is almost like a snapshot of a moment in time'
'beautiful and thoroughly lifelike portrait' (second time they write it)

All their blogs have been like this lately, tone it down a notch.

I like how the Rey PF looks. The hands will have to line up perfectly though, won't look nearly as natural if we get a Sandtrooper PF hand/gun situation.

'captures Rey’s likeness so perfectly that it is almost like a snapshot of a moment in time'

:lol I know.. its crazy how they cheer them up themselves :D .... they better make sure it comes out that way as well

:lol I know.. its crazy how they cheer them up themselves :D .... they better make sure it comes out that way as well

Hey, it's the marketing department. I wouldn't expect them to say "Well, we're really hoping this doesn't come out like that Captain America nonsense we threw out earlier..." :lol

Hey, it's the marketing department. I wouldn't expect them to say "Well, we're really hoping this doesn't come out like that Captain America nonsense we threw out earlier..." :lol

well no.. not like that but the way they talk is almost shakespeare-like

Looks very good, IMO. I would worry that the pieces we actually get will not have the same level of care and detail, however. I'll probably wait for it to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice looking piece but I want to wait for the production piece before ordering. There are a lot of details and I just don't know if they can match the face sculpt and paint (which I think look really good here).

lol, yeah they've done it a lot now on just about every pre-order. I said this before, but it sounds like they hired a kid who just graduated with an English major from University.

Umm.... you think someone would've noticed that BB-8's "thumb" was put on backwards before taking the official photos. :lol

Back