Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not quite sure what this has to do with rey and bb8?

vader is pretty impressive to me btw..

Er....it was in response to an earlier comment about Iron Studios' 1/4 pieces. I quoted it. They have the license, so it's possible they could do a Rey statue as well. I just haven't been thrilled with their Star Wars releases so far.

Re: Rey and BB-8

It is Sideshow who will be doing the sculpt of the face, so unless they're willing to use different methods and materials I'll doubt they'll nail it.

But I'll be happy with a close approximation. Imo more SS BR Catwoman (though alot dislike that as well) than SS WS Cap and I'll be content with it.

You're trippin SS's PF Faces are AMAZING.

Their Evans Captain America sculpt was pretty rough....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really lik3d what I saw from her..really looking forward to seeing this going up to see more details and price.

last time Alex mentioned early 2017 po date.. So I hope to see this go up this month or next

Their comic character sculpts are better than their attempts at actor likenesses. I have high hopes for Jyn though. Rey, not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rey and BB-8

You're trippin SS's PF Faces are AMAZING.

That's not always true. Sideshow are very inconsistent. Here are a couple of PF's that just came out recently.

15780721_1564513756897696_1660753611236048385_n.jpg
13691152_1287073477993212_5650959825675611460_o.jpg
13717414_1287073474659879_2227901964196559902_o.jpg
15698182_1277682415623499_78639760089328527_n.jpg

I realize that I may be a minority on this but some of the faces from my collection that I love are Jedi Luke and Obi-Wan. Good likeness and good paint application I think.

The one that I don't really like is the Dagobah Luke/Yoda but the piece itself is so great that I am keeping it regardless of the so-so likeness.

I also heard that Tarkin has amazing likeness but I don't have him sadly.

So...they do good faces. Just not all the time.

L.jpg

B.jpg

I think those sculpts were great for their time and they do show a likeness to the actors but with digital sculpting they can defiantly do better... IE Mythos Obi-Wan portraits are amazing..

I think those sculpts were great for their time and they do show a likeness to the actors but with digital sculpting they can defiantly do better... IE Mythos Obi-Wan portraits are amazing..

Oh absolutely and I also thing that the Hot Toys Obi-Wan is a bit better as far as likeness goes but like you said, good for their time and better than some of these modern sculpts like Loki for example that in theory should be "better".

I really can not find a complain about Rey .. from what I saw she looks beautiful.

Jyn would be good to if they had painted those eyes different.

I really can not find a complain about Rey .. from what I saw she looks beautiful.

Jyn would be good to if they had painted those eyes different.

Yup both Rey and Jyn looked great to me. I will pre-order Rey but decided not to get Jyn. While I loved Rogue One, I wasn't too crazy about Jyn's character.

SS has had some great face sculpts in the past, and Rey and Jyn both look really good. But SS has a poor record when it comes to the paint apps of human flesh tones on their production pieces. Their newer and older PFs both suffer from this. I will be waiting on production pics of both Rey and Jyn before I consider either of them.

SS has had some great face sculpts in the past, and Rey and Jyn both look really good. But SS has a poor record when it comes to the paint apps of human flesh tones on their production pieces. Their newer and older PFs both suffer from this. I will be waiting on production pics of both Rey and Jyn before I consider either of them.

:lecture This.

Do you want to see something funny? I ended up with two Obi-wan Mythos, one from the first batch and one from the second. The crazy part was that the paint on the Ewan portrait was so different that it looked like a before and after picture! The one from the new batch looked super clean, almost too clean since he's supposed to be in the desert. While the one from the original batch looked like it had been painted by someone who was drunk, so he looks like he's been on crack for the past few years.

Here are a couple of pics for fun :)

20141229_002117.jpg
20141229_002142.jpg
20141229_002222.jpg

wow... well I got mine from the first batch as well and mine looking perfectly fine ! those of yours are both not the way they suppose to be.. (btw.. flash does not do the most perfect statue no favor)

Back