Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they said can't use rewards points with the bundle, couldn't flex the bundle. They still ship separately like two individual orders (and probably at least month in between she said) so no deal on shipping or duty. Support did offer to apply to $20 to each separate order if I did flex both tho but wouldn't let me use any of the codes or points I have if they did. Frustrating cause I feel like I would be wasting $40 of hard earned Rewards if I used them on what is already an overpriced set. Ended up just using my $50 international collectors code on Rey and will wait for a box code or to build up another $50 code before I add the BB8. They screwed this preorder. Should have gone the hot toys route and had a separate sku for the bundle instead of this dumb code.

So they said can't use rewards points with the bundle, couldn't flex the bundle. They still ship separately like two individual orders (and probably at least month in between she said) so no deal on shipping or duty. Support did offer to apply to $20 to each separate order if I did flex both tho but wouldn't let me use any of the codes or points I have if they did. Frustrating cause I feel like I would be wasting $40 of hard earned Rewards if I used them on what is already an overpriced set. Ended up just using my $50 international collectors code on Rey and will wait for a box code or to build up another $50 code before I add the BB8. They screwed this preorder. Should have gone the hot toys route and had a separate sku for the bundle instead of this dumb code.

I have to agree with you on this. My first thought was excitement that they'd given a bit of a price break if you ordered both, but with the price of BB-8 and how squirrelly (sp?) they made the order process if you wanted to use rewards or flex, the whole thing became a cluster. Should've been a very simple implementation as well...

PO'd Rey after a $20 coupon ! :)

If I really need BB8 .. I'll find a coupon later on so its back to the $40 "deal" for the bundle :)

PS: that cant be right no ?? Est. Arrival: Sep 2017 - Nov 2017

PO'd Rey after a $20 coupon ! :)

If I really need BB8 .. I'll find a coupon later on so its back to the $40 "deal" for the bundle :)

PS: that cant be right no ?? Est. Arrival: Sep 2017 - Nov 2017

You know it's going to get delayed. I bet we're not going to see them until April 2018 at the earliest.

Dude how is bb 8 300 dollars that is outrageous, I bought dawg for 150 bigger than bb-8 I can not believe people are forking that money over for that. Plus I bet it is plastic!! 300 dollar plastic figure unreal!

Why or who removed my comment that Sideshow is wrong at every turn?

Is Sideshows police now removing comments not backing them?

I've read 10000 times worse comments but mine was deleted.

I think I may not be able to get over the super long fingers. It's annoying every time I see them.

It's tough to pass but I just think SS needs a slap.

Dude how is bb 8 300 dollars that is outrageous, I bought dawg for 150 bigger than bb-8 I can not believe people are forking that money over for that. Plus I bet it is plastic!! 300 dollar plastic figure unreal!
Because SS sales it under category Statue, while others sale as Toy. That's why the price differences.

Don't know if this has been asked before. But what would be a good substitute BB8 from Hasbro or other?

I got the Hasbro BB8 Target exclusive. It's a touch over 1:4 scale like 10% bigger than he really should be. It needs a repaint to get it looking good. It doesn't light up. As a static substitute for a statue it's pretty adequate but at the end of the day it does have a toy finish to it with a seam and extra holes in the body to allow the remote to work.
Sideshow's BB8 is a rip off.

Because SS sales it under category Statue, while others sale as Toy. That's why the price differences.

SideshowTOY.com

Just saying ;) If it were that simple, I'm sure Sideshow would play with the way they label them. I can't quite figure out where these prices are coming from lately? I suppose if people are buying them, we have only ourselves to blame.

Ok so wtf can't they get the person that did Jane Foster Thor to do Rey or her hands at least. I see many SS pieces with better hands. Between Rey and Jyn I don't think the sculptor has seen a hand. Just saying go look.

Rey's not the worst and looks ok overall but at some angles her hand especially the one in back arghh I'm getting little gloves for her, x-large of course.

Wonder Woman PF (comic) right hand, the one that holds the spear is jacked up also.... SS defiantly has some problems when it comes to hands...

Wonder Woman PF (comic) right hand, the one that holds the spear is jacked up also.... SS defiantly has some problems when it comes to hands...

Totally true I remember seeing that. She has flintstone hands. It's unexplainable just totally unexplainable. It's like sculpting a car then sculpting square wheels.

I'm no hater of every statue but these are legit crud hands.

Congrats to those that have ordered! I hope I am wrong and that you are blown away by them.

I just can't bring myself to order these for several reasons. One reason is how disappointed I was in how cheap R2-D2 felt, and that BB-8 is under 2lbs. of hollow PVC just like it for almost $300. Another reason is, like others on here, I think Rey will get another statue based on upcoming movies. That future one I hope is cooler with a lightsaber that lights up. The final reason is the hands. I just can't get past them for the price of these figures.

I hope the recent trend I am seeing from sideshow to make a lot of their Star Wars figures primarily out of hollow PVC is not what we can expect from them in the future. They appear to have done this with Darth Maul (6 lbs.), Rey (6lbs.), Jyn (7lbs.) and maybe Kylo Ren (12 lbs.) judging by their weight. The additional fact that two of these do not have light up features for their lightsabers is also extremely disappointing.

Maybe I am being overly critical of these and future pieces, and my concerns are not shared by the community. Perhaps the factor of the weight and material used does not equate to value and is not as important to others.

Sorry for the rant, but just my 2 cents.

Congrats to those that have ordered! I hope I am wrong and that you are blown away by them.

I just can't bring myself to order these for several reasons. One reason is how disappointed I was in how cheap R2-D2 felt, and that BB-8 is under 2lbs. of hollow PVC just like it for almost $300. Another reason is, like others on here, I think Rey will get another statue based on upcoming movies. That future one I hope is cooler with a lightsaber that lights up. The final reason is the hands. I just can't get past them for the price of these figures.

I hope the recent trend I am seeing from sideshow to make a lot of their Star Wars figures primarily out of hollow PVC is not what we can expect from them in the future. They appear to have done this with Darth Maul (6 lbs.), Rey (6lbs.), Jyn (7lbs.) and maybe Kylo Ren (12 lbs.) judging by their weight. The additional fact that two of these do not have light up features for their lightsabers is also extremely disappointing.

Maybe I am being overly critical of these and future pieces, and my concerns are not shared by the community. Perhaps the factor of the weight and material used does not equate to value and is not as important to others.

Sorry for the rant, but just my 2 cents.
Agree with pretty much everything you say here but only Kylo isn't going to have light up for his lightsaber of the 2 you listed that do have lightsabers. Maul will have light up. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you were saying, then my bad.

Agree with pretty much everything you say here but only Kylo isn't going to have light up for his lightsaber of the 2 you listed that do have lightsabers. Maul will have light up. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you were saying, then my bad.

Thanks! I could be mistaken, but I think both the new PF Ren and Maul do NOT have lightsabers that light up.

Thanks! I could be mistaken, but I think both the new PF Ren and Maul do NOT have lightsabers that light up.
"Our Darth Maul Premium Format™ Figure captures the highly detailed likeness of Ray Park as the feared Sith. From a tattooed face beneath a crown of thorns, his gleaming yellow eyes pierce onlookers, while his stance - light-up double-bladed lightsaber clenched in hand - is one of absolute power and control.*Wrapped in a fabric costume, the piece begins to exude the grace and intensity of this imposing character.*"

That's from Maul's product page. Unless they've since stated they weren't going to, he should have light up. If he doesn't I'd be hella dissapointed.

Back