Revised Weta Kong Art print pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
image_1_500h.jpg

I so wish I could afford this.
looks like they dropped 1 of the 3 signatures

occulum said:
looks like they dropped 1 of the 3 signatures

Yupp, Peter Jackson's autograph is missing from it. I have it on pre-order, but, may cancel because of this...

Agent23 said:
Yupp, Peter Jackson's autograph is missing from it. I have it on pre-order, but, may cancel because of this...

It never had PJ's autograph in the first place. We had a thread about this last year at one point. The previous border was a simple mock up that they Photoshopped from the LOTR prints. It even showed Alan Lee's sig on it, which was obviously wrong.

Anyway, I have the Rivendell and Barad-Dur prints, so I don't need PJ's sig. I'm incredibly disappointed at how SMALL they made the actual image. I liked the previous design with the white border signficantly better. I may skip this completely now.

The old way looked a million times better, IMO.
dh10901small5eu.jpg

I can live with two signatures. The changes that bug me are the difference in the size of the matte and border, and worst of all-- the ammunition casings are not the same size, as in the prototype! One is smaller now and they look off-balanced. The final product is just too black overall.

tomandshell said:
I can live with two signatures. The changes that bug me are the difference in the size of the matte and border, and worst of all-- the ammunition casings are not the same size, as in the prototype! One is smaller now and they look off-balanced. The final product is just too black overall.

My thoughts exactly Tom. Why didn't they use a white matte to go with the black frame? This is just way too black.

It's also interesting to note that the image itself appears to have changed. It was a "glowing" blue before, but now it looks green. There also are some other minute changes to the art itself.

Hey- Now that you have me looking, where is Ann? I had to look hard before I realized that she is now further up the log and not longer prominent in the foreground.

Man, what a bummer. I was really looking forward to this one too.

I really liked the marble looking frame, and the contrast between the black and the white.

tomandshell said:
Hey- Now that you have me looking, where is Ann? I had to look hard before I realized that she is now further up the log and not longer prominent in the foreground.
wow! wtf? good eye.
they should drop the price after these revisions.
The previous frame matched the base of the other WETA pieces. why change it?

That is a shame! I was actually going to try to find a way to get this but from the looks of it I don't think I will.

All I can say is: Why???

Why change a beautiful design and make it ugly compared to that one. They should have never shown us the first design. Maybe then I would not have cared so much about this frame and actually liked it. But now I will always have that other image in my mind. :banghead

I was actually gonna buy this one, but now I really in doubt about this one.

yeah I really liked the original frame as well. It is still nice, but the original looked much better.

elwood49 said:
It never had PJ's autograph in the first place. We had a thread about this last year at one point. The previous border was a simple mock up that they Photoshopped from the LOTR prints. It even showed Alan Lee's sig on it, which was obviously wrong.

0h, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression it had P.J.'s autograph on it (early on).

I have the Barad-Dur Giclee, and I thought the Kong one would go well with it. I still may get it...

I was actually considering this piece because I liked the 'marble' frame and the white border around the print. Now it's too black and the frame just looks cheap. At 600 bucks, I'm gonna pass.

Well, I decided to keep my order and get the print.

I still really like it. And, it will go well with my Kong collection.

Back