Return Of The Living Dead question?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to say from the bottom of my horror loving heart, I heart you in a non gay you're going to save horror collectibles kind of way. :hi5:

Oh and since you'll probably read this.... RE ANIMATOR!!!! Dr West with a Dr Hill severed head as the exclusive! :rock

Lol... I appreciate the non-gay bro-mance comment. And yeah I've thought about Re-Animator along with a long list of other projects. I'll just have to try and tackle what I can one thing at a time. I have a wish list that is slowly coming together. CREEPSHOW is just the beginning!

Monte Wards' Tarman Kit
IMG_1689.jpg

I love this, is it 1/6?

That model kit looks great. I really like it and recommend it.

After the eBay seller told me he thought it was 1/6 scale, I bought it.

Here is a pic with some of my other 1/6 zombies. I think it is very close to 1/6 scale.

Earlier this year (2011) I found a "tarman" head on ebay- https://www.ebay.com/itm/TA62-03-1-...525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bda3805d.

Plus a "Bub" head: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TA02-04-1-...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bdaba93b

(when I got'em they were 9.99 including shipping, buy it now, yay)

Being the bottomfeeder collector that I am, I fashioned my own tarman out of leftover 21st Century muscle body, a rubber skeleton from Walgreens (I'd bought the year before during halloween), a crap-load of dribbled hotglue, lots of brown and tan and black paint wash, and fabric scraps. The hands came off a crappy Zazzle Jack Sparrow body (it might have been the crappy Sau Feng from Zazzle, now that I think about it). It's not 100% movie accurate, but I likes it. :)

IMGP0085.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

I've done several custom zombies (for fun), and have Dr. Tongue in the works (plus a bunch of extra heads I'm going to dremelize then "sculpt" on. Here are some of the other ones...
IMG_2672.jpg

Plus zombies and the folks who fight'em...
IMG_2671.jpg

That is very creative and it still looks very poseable. I've been wondering if hot glue would work on a custom Tarman. I even purchased some black hot glue on eBay.

Thanks for the pics.

I would DEFINITELY recommended a colored glue. I did this in clear, and acrylic washes do NOT want to stick to the glue. Also (and folks here are smarter than I so this is probably a huge DUH moment), paint the figure before applying the glue. Especially if you're a cheapskate like I and just use what's available in the house. That clear glue practically magnifies the non-painted skin underneath, and since the acrylic washes don't like to stick it makes for some quality forehead-smacking time.

Here's the one I did using that head. I sculpted the bones on the body with magic sculpt and then painted the dragon body black with spray paint. I shredded some black clothes and dipped them in gloss paint sealer and put them on the figure. Then touched everything up with a new paint job. Trash I made quite a while ago, I'd love to get my hands on the 1/6 artomic creation Linnea model kit to make a Trash head with a better likeness

picture.php

Back