Retro Style Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've got the right look for 70's retro. They look like they could have been on the peg next to Kenner's Star Wars. Love the pink vintage marketing and SMDM logo. I hope they use it on the blister card.

They must do a scaled down Venus Space Probe.

The pink vintage marketing and SMDM logo will be used on all of the packaging, and if the line does well there will most definitely be a scaled down Venus Space Probe. :)

When I was a kid my three obsessions were Superman, Star Wars and The Six Million Dollar Man.

I could never understand why all the boxes were pink. Now I can't imagine not doing it that way.

My collection (long gone *sniff*):

Steve Austin v.1 with Engine.
Maskatron
Oscar Goldman
Bionic Transport/Repair station
Bionic Mission Vehicle
Mission Control Center
Mission To Mars astronaut suit
Critical Assignment Arms
Porta-Communicator
SMDM Kenner Viewmaster

And I was a member of the SMDM fan club. They send me a sticker.

Pre-ordering the Two pack with Bigfoot at BBTS.

The pink vintage marketing and SMDM logo will be used on all of the packaging, and if the line does well there will most definitely be a scaled down Venus Space Probe. :)

A Maskatron with interchangeable arms and heads would rule! How about a Bionic Repair Station?

A Maskatron with interchangeable arms and heads would rule! How about a Bionic Repair Station?

A figure like Maskatron is possible but the name can't be used due to legal issues. I've offered suggestions to work around it but NBC Universal doesn't want to take any chances, and I completely understand that.

I'm not sure a Bionic Repair Station would work in this scale because the smaller Steve Austin figure simply can't have some of the same bionic features as his larger vintage counterpart.

Aww! That sucks! Part of the appeal of this line is the vintage style packaging and I always loved the Kenner Maskatron logo on the box. Still would be a cool figure to have just not as cool in the packaging if you can't keep the name. Curious though how they were able to use it on the Mego style figure.

Maskatron was based mainly off the character "Major Fred Sloan" from the episode Day of the Robot. Robot Major Sloan should be a headache free workaround name.

Just curious, you're able to use the logo featured on Kenner packaging but not "Maskatron"? Is the SMDM logo a NBCUniversal property?

Aww! That sucks! Part of the appeal of this line is the vintage style packaging and I always loved the Kenner Maskatron logo on the box. Still would be a cool figure to have just not as cool in the packaging if you can't keep the name. Curious though how they were able to use it on the Mego style figure.

Seems like I saw where the Mego style figure was called "Mr. X", which I believe is actually what the robot is initially called when he's first seen on the TV episode.

Maskatron was based mainly off the character "Major Fred Sloan" from the episode Day of the Robot. Robot Major Sloan should be a headache free workaround name.

Just curious, you're able to use the logo featured on Kenner packaging but not "Maskatron"? Is the SMDM logo a NBCUniversal property?

The logo I'm using is actually an updated version of the original Kenner logo but yes, it's an NBC Universal property. I never really got a clear answer as to why using the "Maskatron" name was an issue but for now it's not an option.

Seems like I saw where the Mego style figure was called "Mr. X", which I believe is actually what the robot is initially called when he's first seen on the TV episode.

The logo I'm using is actually an updated version of the original Kenner logo but yes, it's an NBC Universal property. I never really got a clear answer as to why using the "Maskatron" name was an issue but for now it's not an option.

Maskatron was a name given by Kenner so I believe it was trademarked by them and not actually owned by Universal. I mean, let's face it, Maskatron is a way cooler name that sells toys than "Sloan" or "Mr. X" maybe you could contact some former Kenner employees and find out who holds the trademark to get licensing approval.

Maskatron was a name given by Kenner so I believe it was trademarked by them and not actually owned by Universal. I mean, let's face it, Maskatron is a way cooler name that sells toys than "Sloan" or "Mr. X" maybe you could contact some former Kenner employees and find out who holds the trademark to get licensing approval.

Trust me, if there's a way to make it happen I'll find it! :)

Preordered two sets of the three pack thru BigBadToyStore and I have high hopes for this line! I agree with some here that the old playsets were part of the fun of the line so while your figures may not have all the extra parts that can be added or removed, it's the spirit of the set i am after! Even if its just a small pod and some stickers, it will be Steve's Bionic chamber and that's good enough for me! We must have a full line! We must! Hope it's a smash success!

Ouch. $20 each is a bit steep. Aren't the Mego style 8-inchers from Bif Bang Pow $25 each? I'd be more inclined to pick up a Steve if it was packaged with some kind of environment. Or even the set of Steve and Bigfoot for $20-$25.

Ouch. $20 each is a bit steep. Aren't the Mego style 8-inchers from Bif Bang Pow $25 each? I'd be more inclined to pick up a Steve if it was packaged with some kind of environment. Or even the set of Steve and Bigfoot for $20-$25.

The Alien ReAction figures are retailing for $20 each so I don't see a problem with pricing. Besides, you can buy a set of 3 including the retailer exclusive Steve in blue jump suit for $50.

I'm still interested in getting some of these as well. I think we need to support the line so that we can get more SMDM 0stuff down the line.

is anyone getting these in the UK? I loved my Palitoy SMDM, would love to have these on my shelf. Obviously we need a Mr X (Maskatron!) plus space suits, the scary Venus space probe and all the other goodness. The Steve Austin sculpt looks fantastic - that real Kenner inoffensive blandness that we loved ('cause you could imagine yourself as the figure).

I remember reading once that Kenner planned a frogman sculpt for its proposed 3 3/4" SMDM figures, and it was prototyped. It would be great to see this in the current line.

Six Million Dollar Man Figures......Vintage Kenner Style!!!!!!

Holy crap! These figures look amazing! I am loving this new vintage look on new figures.

six.jpg

Back