response timeframes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering roughly how long in your experience it takes for Sideshow to return your emails, especially about shipping cost estimates? :)

If its shipping cost estimate, call their toll free number at 1 (800) 474-3746. You will get the answer within minutes.

Doubt it's toll free for international customers. I might be wrong. I know you can request a call back but that can be hard to work it in with time differences.

It might be me, but I find I never get a response if I use the shipping quote request form (if I do usually after the item has already been shipped to me). On the other hand, if I use the general question form I always get an answer within a couple of days. Don't know why this is.

I've used both their regular 855 and 805 numbers calling international, and I've never been billed long distance. They've also been great about calling back, you'd just have to leave a time frame, their time that's good.

Doubt it's toll free for international customers. I might be wrong. I know you can request a call back but that can be hard to work it in with time differences.

It might be me, but I find I never get a response if I use the shipping quote request form (if I do usually after the item has already been shipped to me). On the other hand, if I use the general question form I always get an answer within a couple of days. Don't know why this is.

It is toll free. It's taking straight from the SSC website. All 800 numbers are toll free! :slap

My experience with Sideshow's customer service (email):

One of my Commander Cody's antennas broke so I emailed Sideshow and asked for a replacement two and half weeks ago. They asked me to provide pictures of the broken part and I did. Another week has gone by and still no response or replacement part. It's taken at least a week to get ONE email from them. In short, the email response sucks.

One of my Commander Cody's antennas broke so I emailed Sideshow and asked for a replacement two and half weeks ago. They asked me to provide pictures of the broken part and I did. Another week has gone by and still no response or replacement part. It's taken at least a week to get ONE email from them. In short, the email response sucks.

That's pretty poor form. I mean seriously, I can't imagine that they are that inundated with copious amounts of email.

:rolleyes:

Thanks to all who responded.

It is toll free. It's taking straight from the SSC website. All 800 numbers are toll free! :slap

I said I might be wrong. I always email and didn't know for sure. I've never even seen a 800 number so didn't know about them being free.

It's even worse around the holidays. The good news is once they eventually end up getting back to you they usually can help. That is, unless replacement pieces are gone by the time they respond to your request.

I wouldn't rely on the shipping request form, I sent one about the Medusa statue a few months ago and never heard back. Best to ring or email them. I don't think they ignored it, more likely never got it. Like the newsletter some people have problems with. Email response time for me was 2-3 days.

9 out of 10 times I get an email response within a few days, longer if it is a problem like Rogue or Cobra Commander DIorama missing eblems, but I did get options if I choose to not wait or wait longer for an answer.

I usually only call to charge a flexpay early or push one back. Which they do instantly.

I have found that the response times from them vary greatly, from days to months for some of my issues. However, as has been mentioned - the squeaky wheel gets the grease - call them.

Back