Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 7 to be possibly be revealed at E3

I dunno, I enjoyed 4, but RE started to die right there and then. 5 was enjoyable too, but lacked horror and survival.

I think the Evil Within looks great. A lot of people are hating it, but it looks similar to 4 but just with a darker atmosphere. Reviews don't mean **** considering the full game isn't even out.

1.5 is our prayers being answered. For those who aren't following IGAS on FB, you should be. :)

I'll give you that…RE4, while a very good game, was the first sign of trouble, with it's shift more towards action. I think Capcom saw that and thought "Oh they like more action?…well lets give em more more more!"

Yah when I first played RE4 I really disliked it. I enjoyed it, but I hated it and bashed it anytime someone brought it up, just because it was drastically different.

Nowadays, I tolerate it, because it's a really fun game.

I've been meaning to replay 5, sometime this summer. It's been a while.

The idea of Resident Evil 7 immediately turns me off. I have no interest in that game.

Give RE to the guys that made the latest Tomb Raider game, and just totally reinvent the game. There's been more mediocre RE games than good RE games, so when you say take it back to its roots, it's like there's no roots to go back to. They just literally need to start from scratch, revamp the idea of STARS and go back to the mythology of Umbrella. I really liked the shot of mythology they stuck into REmake.

Make it more realistic, make a zombie game in a mansion, make ammo scarce. You're not going to find the exact ammo you need for your gun in a bathroom cabinet, but you will be able to take the shower rod down and use it to stab zombies in the head. Give us destructible environments so we can use debris in the mansion to kill zombies. Go to the kitchen and grab a big knife. Give us Walking Dead style zombie kills but in a mansion in close quarters and scary, intense situations. Make the game about inventory management, zombies will be scarce, but when you come up on one, you need to decide if you want to shoot it in the head or use a melee kill. The knife in RE has always been useless, but a knife would realistically be a very effective zombie killing weapon, just one stab in the head and you're golden, but in RE games, you have to slash a zombie 8 times in the face before it dies. . . WTF??? In RE games, melee weapons should be primary, and Guns should be secondary.

The re4 style can work but it needs to capture the re4 essence. Re4 had a creepy atmosphere , it had great moments. The problem is someone at capcom had the bright idea of taking the action element in re and making it bigger. Re6 suffered the worst from this. I don't think duck and cover then fire away when I play an re game.

You know what they just need to be rebooted. Re is probably the one of the main franchises that needs a reboot. No one knows where the story is heading and they killed off the main source, umbrella.

You know what they just need to be rebooted. Re is probably the one of the main franchises that needs a reboot. No one knows where the story is heading and they killed off the main source, umbrella.

Exactly just Reboot it i dont even know whats going on anymore.

The series died with Wesker.

:exactly:

I actually enjoyed Resident Evil 5. At least the story made sense for the most part. 6 was an incoherent mess story-wise, imo.

I really would like to see some more classic Resident Evil games with the old controls and all. Even if it was just done on a handheld or something, I'd be happy. Not all games have to be over the shoulder shooters, imo. Capcom tried too hard to dumb down the controls and make it too fast paced and that's why we got machine gun toting grasshopper men in Resident Evil 6.

I only enjoy RE5 strictly based on all the gratuitous Wesker screen time.

Exactly just Reboot it i dont even know whats going on anymore.

I honestly couldn't give less a **** about the story and where these characters are going anymore.

Kojima should handle the reboot for this series with nanomachine Wesker :rotfl

This would be one time I'd welcome one of his lazily written plot hole ways of bringing dead characters back :lol

I only enjoy RE5 strictly based on all the gratuitous Wesker screen time.
:exactly: None can beat D.C. Douglas. I still hate how he died at the end.

Solidus, the combination of MGS and RE would make into an ungodly Japanese lovechild :lol though I'll admit, getting Wesker would be nice. Especially because RE5 Wesker was a decent performance and the voice fit.

Honestly bar RE3 to a slight extent (which even then I do want to play fully to give another shot), I have no problems with the older games. Even the controls have some sort of charm. RE4 is not a bad game honestly, but it has a terrible legacy, and its success is horribly misinterpreted. I still love how RE5 gave up being a horror game midway through (probably even earlier), compared to RE4 with Chapter 5-4 :lol

i liked the previous RE game not as "RE" games but as Action games

if you compare the present to the past, than yeah they seem two diff genres with the favor goes to the past because of the many action games available

i honestly don't know where this title is going .. or what the hell is going on anymore

I feel like I can guarantee, no matter what Crapcom says about "returning to the roots" it's complete bull. This will be another action game again, count on it.

They always said RE was going to be rebooted since 4. It never happened lol.

As much as I love RE4 dearly, it was the beginning of the end. Even though it was mostly an action game, at least towards the end of the game... it still had many horror elements in it.

Here's a noob question: what games should I start with if I want to get back into RE? It's been years since I played any of them, and I've played all of them only once (excluding RE 5 and 6 which I've never tried). I've seriously forgot most of the storyline in this franchise.

Here's a noob question: what games should I start with if I want to get back into RE? It's been years since I played any of them, and I've played all of them only once (excluding RE 5 and 6 which I've never tried). I've seriously forgot most of the storyline in this franchise.

REmake for Gamecube

Resident Evil Zero (although it's not really essential)

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

In that order, don't bother with 6.

How is zero not essential? It's on par with Remake.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In terms of story it really had no baring on REmake, and Solidus only mentioned wanting to play it and for the story what he should play. You can remove it from the series completely and it doesn't effect anything whatsoever.

Eh, has some great scenes with Wesker and Birkin. I also really enjoyed Marcus. Story was solid overall.

The best part of Zero was Wesker screen time, plus the REmake graphics.

Back