Reshading sunglasses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought a pair of sunglasses that have yellow lenses but I'd like them to be a darker red/orange. Any tips on how to pull that off? Would getting some red Tamiya paint and putting that on top of the yellow plastic make the lenses orange? I'm pretty sure the plastic was cast in this yellow color and was not clear and painted over yellow so stripping it and painting it the color I'd like isn't an option.

Thanks!

I would try permanent markers, like Sharpies. Or Water down some enamel paint to "dye" the lenses.

And I'd apply color to the back of the lens, that way the front is smooth and should look more like it was made to look that way.

Thank you, gentleman! Turned out perfectly with a Sharpie on the reverse side. Here's an "in progress" shot that shows the difference.

14659062190_a2c6f40b89_k.jpg

Now to paint the frames and this figure will finally be completed after about 5 years of being incomplete without the trademark shades.

Back