Rescue Me....anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiveringmelody

Super Freak
Reaction score
The new (22 episode) season of Rescue Me starts tomorrow night. Just wondering if there are any fans of this show?

Along with Breaking Bad, this is my favorite show still running.

totally missed the last season, but really dug all of the other previous ones...

I gave up on it after the first season. I couldn't stand all the fake sex scenes that Dennis Leary was in. BLAH! :lol

we used to watch this here in the UK, then missed a load when we lost Sky1, the channel they were on. I thought I'd heard that it had been canceled though?

I watched the first two seasons religiously but then I stopped catching it during season three... Michael J. Fox has a recurring role (four episodes +) doesn't he?... I might try and catch it again-- But when it was best was when Dennis' character kept seeing his cousin and other former friends who had died (9/11)... I think when they moved more away from him dealing with the impacts of his job that I kind of tuned out.

I'm ready! I'm a big fan of Leary and I love this show (yeah, season 3 was a bit of a mess). I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since it was last on.

I watched the first two seasons religiously but then I stopped catching it during season three... Michael J. Fox has a recurring role (four episodes +) doesn't he?... I might try and catch it again-- But when it was best was when Dennis' character kept seeing his cousin and other former friends who had died (9/11)... I think when they moved more away from him dealing with the impacts of his job that I kind of tuned out.

I believe the first 5 episodes....also I've heard that this season will deal with 9/11 more so again.

I believe the first 5 episodes....also I've heard that this season will deal with 9/11 more so again.

Awesome. I'll have to support my Canadian brotha and check it out again-- especially if they're heading back to what made the show so engaging in that first season.

As a father, when his son was killed-- that was difficult to watch.

Love this show so much. I missed last season, but I;m thinking of buying all of them on DVD this Friday, cause they are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Can't wait for it to start. Dennis is the ^^^^ing man!!

Really good start to the season last night. It's cool to see Fox acting again. His character is great!

And again the fire scenes are amazing.

This is my show. Saya hates it. I don't know many chicks er Supreme Beings that really like the show save for a few. The character Mike Silletti is one of my favorites cus' he is freaking dumb. I remember him saying something like, "I'm not gay, I'm the one getting the B-job." This show is right up there with It's always Sunny...

This is "the show" for me. Dennis Leary is ^^^^ing amazing and I just love this show so much. The drama, comedy and action in it are top-notch and the story line is just killer.

So glad it's back!!!!

I'm really enjoying the refocus on the aftereffects of 9/11 on Tommy's life (and Lou for that matter). There's been a nice balance of humour with the obvious serious. It's been a good season so far-- and Michael J. Fox's character has been great. I love his scenes with Leary.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox was nominated for an Emmy.

I think this season has been almost as good as the first. There's definitely been a lot more character development that was lacking in the 3rd and 4th seasons. And as annoying and unlikeable as Sheila is, her last scene was amazing. Simply great writing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox was nominated for an Emmy.

I think this season has been almost as good as the first. There's definitely been a lot more character development that was lacking in the 3rd and 4th seasons. And as annoying and unlikeable as Sheila is, her last scene was amazing. Simply great writing.

I'm definitely seeing what attracted me to the series in that first season with this most recent one... I think they got away from their core storytelling as you correctly pointed out in seasons 3 and 4. When Tommy started to go through the 9/11 footage and suddenly there was his cousin Jimmy... It was really haunting-- and Lou's explosion (when he's usually the happy-go-lucky fatman) was stellar. The writing has really been good. And like I said---there's been a nice mix of humour to balance out all of the heavy stuff.

Page 11... Is no one else watching this?... Best writing on TV right now.

Tommy's little indiscretion in the back seat with the chief pulling up with a special invitation... Tommy's speech at the AA meeting... White Sean's Broadway song created by the painkillers...

Every episode this season has been perfect. Am I the only one digging this? :confused:

Back