Replacing Torso on Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliverfreak

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I need help guys: I snapped off the arm on my MMS117 T-800 figure, and was wondering where and how I can get a replacement torso, because it's a muscular body type but seems to be pretty standard issue.

Any advice or ideas are welcome, thank you in advance.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I think you'd actually just need a new arm... the connects to a piece that is housed in the torso, but it can be removed/replaced. In the past I've swapped out arms on a muscular body. I was actually able to just buy arms from some members as they had done similar swaps and didn't use the old arms... so that's always a possibility.

This is what it looks like if you remove the rubber torso and start taking it apart.

18acf2fb-3f4d-4011-915b-c7f14c243e3c_zpsagrhiete.jpg

Would you believe it I snapped the arm off my mms117 body too! It wouldn't go straight up for some reason and would go outwards so I forced it and it popped right off.
I just bought a cheap body off eBay opened it up and Swapped out the swivel joint in the chest and it was working again

Thanks for the quick help guys!

Galactiboy: Is it hard to take it apart? I might try to find a arm, but I'm very clumsy.

Magmax: I was looking too, which brand did you buy? I was looking at ZC toys, it's only about 25usd.

Oh crap I just posted a very similar post. I was hoping to swap out the TTM20 arms with the ZC Toys one because of the seamless joints. I'll check back here every so often too incase someone has managed to do this previously.

arm swap would be enough. disassemble the top torso and replace affected arm.
same procedure how i mechanized my wolf predator with a T-600 arm. :]

arm swap would be enough. disassemble the top torso and replace affected arm.
same procedure how i mechanized my wolf predator with a T-600 arm. :]

I would very much like to see that wolf predator!

Thanks for the quick help guys!

Galactiboy: Is it hard to take it apart? I might try to find a arm, but I'm very clumsy.

Magmax: I was looking too, which brand did you buy? I was looking at ZC toys, it's only about 25usd.

Not bad at all... you have to remove the rubber covering, find the seam (along the side) and either pull it apart or lightly score with an exacto knife. Then just lift it off; there is a spot of glue on both side you need to pull on to get it off all the way, but it doesn't do any cosmetic damage to the torso covering.

After that's done the screws are visible (from the back) and you just take it apart; be sure to keep track of what screws go where and don't over tighten them; it's easy to strip the screw holes if you are not careful. All in all a few minutes of work.

Oh crap I just posted a very similar post. I was hoping to swap out the TTM20 arms with the ZC Toys one because of the seamless joints. I'll check back here every so often too incase someone has managed to do this previously.

I asked onesixthkit.com to show me the arms on the zc toys figure, there is a lot more bulk in the TTM20 shoulder than the ZC Toys figure.
29e621fe1e64b5d293c15a3ce455476d.jpg

Thanks for the pics fellow freaks! Much appreciated.

The MMS117 torso is the one on the left pic, the body is in the back, yes?

Is the one on the right the TTM OR ZC?

Back