Repainted Sideshow Obi Wan Old Ben

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
r7r56x.png

5wj87c.png

o69qbd.png

Yes it is the 1:6 version Sideshow produced awhile back. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am very lucky to have mine repainted some time ago by Josh. As incredible as the pics are, its even more so in person

Gosh Matt yours may have been the first Obi Wan I ever painted. I hope the sculpt is still holding up after all this time. :1-1:

Wow -- that SS head sculpt was awesome. Goes to show you they did an amazing job with it, but the paint job can really hide the brilliance of that sculpting.

Yeah Obi Wan is still one of my favorite sculpts to paint. I think because the likeness is so strong. It is ashame that the sculptors spend so much time on a piece just to have it covered up by sloppy factory paint. :slap

Wow -- that SS head sculpt was awesome. Goes to show you they did an amazing job with it, but the paint job can really hide the brilliance of that sculpting.

That turned out awesome. Did you strip it before repainting it and what did you use, as I've been having trouble stripping a Sideshow ANH Leia head with Gastrol Purple Power recently.

Gosh Matt yours may have been the first Obi Wan I ever painted. I hope the sculpt is still holding up after all this time. :1-1:

Oh yeah.......of course I have it sealed behind 9 inch plexiglass thats also bulletproof.....

LOL no, its great.

A lot of people talk favorably about the factory paint apps, but it kills me cause Alec Guinness did not look like an ashen zombie

That turned out awesome. Did you strip it before repainting it and what did you use, as I've been having trouble stripping a Sideshow ANH Leia head with Gastrol Purple Power recently.

Just popped in here to check this thread. Sorry for the late reply. I always strip my sculpts of the factory paint before painting them. Sometimes it really brings out hidden detail. Try using acetone but only in very small amounts or you might melt your sculpt. :horror

Geez, I didn't think the production sculpt/paint app could get any better. Proved me wrong! That is incredible. Great job.

Back