Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Toys! Rainman's Dull boy, New DX12 Cowl, HT AOU Cap

Amazing new additions Remy

Thanks man. Love your collection also bud. :hi5:

Very cool update my friend!

Thanks as always brother.

:horror Stunning Collection and some wonderful photos. One of the best collections I've seen on here. Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you. :)

:clap Nice one! Love the collection.

I appreciate it.

Who made the bb cape?

The BB cape is by Tony Meis.

Great thread Remy. Some really cool stuff! :)

Thanks man. :duff

Tyler's building an army.

Finally was able to get an Iminime Tyler Durden.
I really regret passing on this figure when it was available, cause I try my best not to have multiple figures of the
same character.
I know, I do end up breaking this rule, try as I might. lol.

I have to say, this is another example of a figure that looks even better in hand.
I kept comparing it to the Rainman's Tyler that's why I passed on it. But there's some things that are better on Rainman's, and some
things that are better on the Iminime version.

I did touch up the lips, made it darker and added some satin varnish cause Pitt most of the time looked like he was wearing lip gloss.
Darkened the chin hair a little bit. And very very slight darkening of the dimple on the left side of his face.
Added 1/6 cigarette pack, and the single 1/6 cigarette is by freak member Greggo.
Tyler's also wearing Fullmetal's Oliver People's OP-523 glasses.

The Two Tylers

Last edited:

Thanks man. :duff

No problem. :duff

Great new pics! I like what you did with AoU Cap's belt in pulling it up to the edge of the top of the pants to where little to no blue is showing above the belt. I did the same thing with mine. Looks a lot cleaner, in my opinion.

Re: Remy's Toys! Iminime Tyler Durden

No problem. :duff

Great new pics! I like what you did with AoU Cap's belt in pulling it up to the edge of the top of the pants to where little to no blue is showing above the belt. I did the same thing with mine. Looks a lot cleaner, in my opinion.

Great observation man. :hi5:
Great minds think alike. :wink1:
Yeah, I wanted to emulate Evan's physique more with the lean waist and broader shoulder.
I feel the Hot Toys pants are too high out of the box.
So I pulled the pants down lower and raised the belt to make it look more natural and like you mentioned where the blue from the pants are not showing.

Cool collection bro!

Thanks brother. :1-1:

Great observation man. :hi5:
Great minds think alike. :wink1:
Yeah, I wanted to emulate Evan's physique more with the lean waist and broader shoulder.
I feel the Hot Toys pants are too high out of the box.
So I pulled the pants down lower and raised the belt to make it look more natural and like you mentioned where the blue from the pants are not showing.

:duff

I agree on all accounts though. I did that to mine for the same reasons. Pulling down the pants to where there is at least some white showing underneath the middle stripe is not only accurate, but it also does seem to enchance the physique of the figure by making it look more lean. Then pulling the belt to the edge of the top of the pants with no blue showing above the belt just tops it off. When I first received mine, his pants were pulled all the way up to the middle of his abdomen where absolutely no white or even the slender part of the two outside stripes were showing.

Mine also. I think most of the figure came that way, the pants were pulled too high.

Like this.

So although this figure looked better than the stealth which was too skinny, I thought at first maybe the body on this one is too massive.
Cause Evans had a Lean muscular figure, but not a Mr Olympia type.

So it was kinda nagging at me, til I saw this pic, and futzed it to look more like it.

Makes a world of a difference.
Like I said, great minds think alike. lol. :hi5:

Last edited:

When I first got mine, mine were even higher than that.

image.jpg

I believe that most of them did indeed come this way, as most of the pictures I see of this figure have the middle stripe right up against the pant line/belt. It did indeed give the illusion that the figure's upper body was extremely bulked up, but after pulling the pants down, the body actually looks a lot more slender to me. Like you mentioned, it gives the look of how Chris Evans's frame actually is. I actually didn't think the body for strike suit was all that bad, either. I felt it was just the chest that was lacking and out of proportion, and the tightness of the suit really restricted arm movement. As far as the overall body size though, I felt it was an improvement from say the A1 Cap.

Great minds do indeed think alike! :hi5:

When I first got mine, mine were even higher than that.

View attachment 224639

I believe that most of them did indeed come this way, as most of the pictures I see of this figure have the middle stripe right up against the pant line/belt. It did indeed give the illusion that the figure's upper body was extremely bulked up, but after pulling the pants down, the body actually looks a lot more slender to me. Like you mentioned, it gives the look of how Chris Evans's frame actually is. I actually didn't think the body for strike suit was all that bad, either. I felt it was just the chest that was lacking and out of proportion, and the tightness of the suit really restricted arm movement. As far as the overall body size though, I felt it was an improvement from say the A1 Cap.

Great minds do indeed think alike! :hi5:

Yeah, from what I understand, not completely sure, but I think its the same body. But the tailoring of his suit made the difference.
I'm curious if the Hot Toys civil war suit will have any improvements, or remain the same but just the difference color scheme.

Both Tylers look great Remy! :clap

Thanks buddy. :1-1:
These two are grail figures in my collection, no doubt. Its funny how they are both figures that I wanted badly, but for stupid reasons, passed on, so it haunted me really bad until I got them.
I was literally like a little kid opening his christmas present when I received that Tyler, just tore through the packaging cause I couldnt wait to see it. lol.

Yeah, from what I understand, not completely sure, but I think its the same body. But the tailoring of his suit made the difference.
I'm curious if the Hot Toys civil war suit will have any improvements, or remain the same but just the difference color scheme.

Yeah, definitely.

I'm curious also, regarding CW Cap. To me, it can only be better. I would still be happy if they used the same body as AoU, as the AoU body to me is perfectly fine as it is and doesn't require any changes. However, if HT is able to somehow improve on it in some way, I'm all for it.

Yup. If it's just like the aou Thor and la Thor difference, then I'll pass.
I've had Thor 1 which I upgraded to avengers Thor, which I upgraded to tdw la Thor.
But I find that I actually like LA Thor over AOU, so I passed. I'll probably just get the sculpt.

So if cap is the same where the difference is minimal, or cap has a better sculpt, then I'll upgrade just certain parts.
But if the difference is like avengers cap to aou cap, then I'll upgrade to civil war.
I'm almost certain though that beside the color scheme, it's probably just gonna be accessories or cap will have a new expression since they've already used the helmeted head twice.

Great photos. Great stuff! Winter Soldier pose looks boss. Makes me want to get one. *Checks SS website--sold out!*

Great photos. Great stuff! Winter Soldier pose looks boss. Makes me want to get one. *Checks SS website--sold out!*

Thank you very much. :duff.
The winter soldier is a great looking figure. What amazes me is the tailoring of the suit, at 1/6 and with that jacket, it could have easily looked bulky.
But ht nailed the suit.
It also has lots of great accessories, and with the extra head, it feels like a DX figure. So I'm not surprised he sold out.

You should probably check the for sale thread, I remember seeing a few pop up every once in a while.
After seeing pics of his civil war outfit, I think his winter soldier suit is much better.

Yup. If it's just like the aou Thor and la Thor difference, then I'll pass.
I've had Thor 1 which I upgraded to avengers Thor, which I upgraded to tdw la Thor.
But I find that I actually like LA Thor over AOU, so I passed. I'll probably just get the sculpt.

So if cap is the same where the difference is minimal, or cap has a better sculpt, then I'll upgrade just certain parts.
But if the difference is like avengers cap to aou cap, then I'll upgrade to civil war.
I'm almost certain though that beside the color scheme, it's probably just gonna be accessories or cap will have a new expression since they've already used the helmeted head twice.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Myself, I'll end up getting it regardless of how minimal or vast the difference is from AoU Cap. Cap is one of my favorite characters and I have all of the Cap figures thus far. Thor is another character in which I have all of the figures thus far. Other characters, I'll simply get one figure of to represent that particular character (Hawkeye, Hulk, etc.).

With CW Cap, I predict that the expression with the helmeted sculpt will be slightly different, being that they've used the same helmeted sculpt twice in a row with the same expression, like you mentioned. I hope I'm wrong, but I actually also predict that CW Cap won't come with a separate non-helmeted sculpt. The reason being is because with the exception of TWS dual pack, every solo Cap figure thus far from his solo movies has not included an additional non-helmeted sculpt. Only the Avengers versions have.

However, I do hope that this is the first one that will. Perhaps a sculpt with his face a little marred from battle.

lovely pictures of your beautiful marvel collection brother, looks amazing! :)

also your tylers are outstanding! which tyler is your personal favorite? ;)

lovely pictures of your beautiful marvel collection brother, looks amazing! :)

also your tylers are outstanding! which tyler is your personal favorite? ;)

Hi Thrust...How are you buddy. Thanks for the compliment. :1-1:
Man...that is really a very very hard choice on which Tyler I prefer.

Lots of TLC went into my Rainman's Tyler. I personally painted the Red jacket. I painted the shoes. Bought a Kato motorcycle shirt, and added the beer, ringed hands, Changed the body to ttm19, etc.
Its also painted by Boot25 which has a really cool transparancy paintjob that makes it looks almost like silicone.
So I think, my Rainman has more sentimental value.

I try my best to keep only one representation of the figure as much as I can, so when Iminime offered their Tyler. I was trying to narrow it down to which Tyler I would choose for my collection. Fight Club is one of my all time favorite movie. So I was thinking, if I buy it...then I may sell my Rainman's.
So when it was finally up for sale...I couldnt part with mine cause like I mentioned, there's things I like on Rainman's...and things I like on Iminime's. So again, I passed on Tyler, which I eventually regretted again, big time, cause I was certain I was gonna buy Iminime's.
I couldnt pull the trigger cause in my head, that means selling my Rainman's.
So I was kicking myself for passing it. :banghead

Now that I have had time to evaluate both...arrrrrgggggggg...hmmm...which one do I think is better?
Hmmm...Man, this is tough. I think if someone is asking my opinion if they are buying one and which one I think they should pick...I think I would say, they should get Iminime's. I think its the better one overall.
I think its just that my Rainman has more sentimental value to me.

As far as which one is my personal favorite...lol...I honestly dont know the anwer to that. :lol

Last edited:
Back