Remy's Toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remy's Toys! Current Inventory starting on page [94]

Modded Dx12 Batman.
This is probably my biggest Rollercoaster feeling on a figure.
One of the biggest pleasure in this collecting hobby is feeling like a kid, rushing home when you check the tracking and find out the figure is waiting on your doorstep.
You run home and open the the box like a gift and do the OOOhhhh....Ahhhhh.....WoWWWWW....YESSSS!!!!:yess:

When I opened the DX12 box, I felt like Charlie Brown...I got a Rock...:(
I ABSOLUTELY hate the faceplates! And I'm not too fond of the cowl.
Part of me wished I should have bought a medicom cause I've always envied the people who owned a Medix.
The only reason I didnt get one cause I knew if Medicom can come up with this cool cowl (although it is modded), surely when Hot Toys release their TDKR figure, it would be better.
But nooooo...The faceplates were ridiculous. I know I'm speaking personally but they look nothing like Bale.
The thing is the cowl is the focal point...although there are major major improvements on this figure over the dx02, I actually favored the overall look of dx02 at that time cause I was gutted by the faceplate and cowl.

Thank god for Robbie's faceplate, and Zach's (MonkeyRobotMaster) cowl, they saved the dx12 for me.
The DX12 still required some modding.
I cut the hands so the glove would go over it, reshaped the shoulder by heating it and sticking it in the freezer, I switched boots and used the Toyfair Batman Begins Boots...big improvement as it reduced the thunder thighs look, I used the EB's batarang as I find the 1/6 one too puny even though its in scale.
I also used satin varnish on MRM's cowl to make it more shiny cause I noticed Batman's cowl had more sheen in TDKR.
And finally, I used Lance's deep black velvet cape.

I went from Hating this figure, to ABOLUTELY Loving it immensely. I dare say its almost as good as Enterbay's Batman. EB is still better...but the modded dx12 is a close second.
As I described on the Cap TFA pics...with all the mods, this figure is magnificent!
This is the DX12 that I was looking for!!!

Last edited:

When I first saw this picture of Bobby's Lifesize Joker, I was floored. I actually thought it had to be photoshopped. I showed the pictures to my co-workers, and several said the same thing.

So when I found out that he was gonna offer a 1/6 scale Joker, I had to have one.
I probably wouldnt have been able to afford this sculpt...but sometimes, the stars align in this hobby...when the moment is just right, that the collectible gods smile upon you.
At the time, I was gonna sell my HT Michael Jackson Billie Jean whose price skyrocketed on ebay. I also had a few other Hot Toys I didnt want anymore.
Bobby's price wasnt cheap...but I thought to myself that these are figures I didnt want anymore, so basically...I'm just trading it for this sculpt. So I was able to afford the headsculpt.

There are a lot of Joker sculpts out there. But what really sets this apart from others is the realistic look of the figure in hand.
It is made of silicone, same ones that most people use in the special effects industry cause its very close to human flesh. So the white paint, looks more like make-up on skin, rather than painted on. The eyes are made of medical grade translucent glass eyes, same ones used on people that are blind. The hair was individually punched in. Its a true work of art.

After seeing several of the early 1/6 Jokers Bobby made, Bobby was very cool in asking you specifically what you wanted on your Joker.
So I asked that that he tone down the whites so that more flesh would come through, and also I noticed that when the blacks around the eyes are too dark, the sculpt actually looks more angry, so I asked him to tone down the black around the eyes as well. The Joker went through different looks throughout the movie, and I wanted mine based on how he looked at the end so I asked him to have the hair also a little bit longer.
This is the grail piece in my collection. My most favorite.
When I have visitors, and they check out my collection, I dont say anything at all, but I always see their reaction when they look at the Joker. To me, that makes it all worth it. :)

Hot Toys Bane.
hot Toys can be hit or miss sometimes on their sculpt.
The headsculpt on this is impressive. There is no doubt, that is Tom Hardy in that sculpt. This would have been an easy figure that can look mediocre cause most of the face is covered, but HT was able to nail the headsculpt.
I'm still torn whether I would do some mods to this. I do have the extra pants that I ordered before I even received this figure in anticipating to replace it once I got it, but surprisingly...I'm ok with it.
I may go back later on and weather the pants and boots, and maybe the jacket. But for now, I'm ok with it.

Great updates Remy. Awesome descriptions and stories behind your figures.

Thanks for sharing

Avengers Shelf.
This is still WIP diorama. I currently have rubbles all over the shelf and a LED stoplight to the right of Thor, and a diecast Fire Hydrant, I may weather this sometime...or add other pieces. But for the moment, I think it looks cool enough.
I'm trying to make it look like the scene at the end.
Currently, I have the Mark IV, but I think I may replace it with the Mark VII to be more accurate. I went ahead and put myself on the waitlist...I hope it converts.
I want to get the Hot Toys HULK but I dont think he'll fit on just one shelf on a detolf so I'll probably stick to this hulk.

Great, great update my friend ;)

Thank you sir. :)

Great updates Remy. Awesome descriptions and stories behind your figures.

Thanks for sharing

Thank you soo much Mike. And I do owe you a lot for making that diorama for my Enterbay Batman.
Not a day goes by that I dont pass by to admire your work.
Thank you sooo much my friend. :1-1:

You are very welcome brother. I read the story when you posted it. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoy it still.

You are very welcome brother. I read the story when you posted it. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoy it still.

One of the cool things that makes this forum enjoyable is seeing all the talent in here...in many ways, it inspires me to do the mods that I've done.

You're definitely a true artist and a huge asset to this forum brother and it was truly great dealing with you. I hope to have more of your customs in the future.

the myers,jason,leatherface and freddy looking great men nice collection!!!

Hot Toys Mark IV.
This may be just a placeholder for now if my waitlist for Mark VII converts. I'll still use this headsculpt though cause I'm not that fond of the Mark VII Stark, I think it doesnt resemble Downey much.
Until we see what the IM 3 Tony Stark head looks like...currently, I think this is the best Stark head.
With the glasses, it looks very much like Robert Downey.
I'm using the Davinator OP 523 glasses for Tyler Durden.
I bought the glasses originally for my Tyler Durden, but I also had in mind in using this on my Stark headsculpt cause I bought a custom 1/6 glasses which looked really good on Stark, it had a more see-through lenses which I thought was better than the stock hot toys glasses. I wasnt completely happy with the custom 1/6 glasses though cause it was a little large.

I've seen several pictures of Robert Downey wearing similar glasses with red tint on it so when I bought these, I was gonna gonna see if it looks good also on my Stark Head.

Well, the glasses are really cool. It is chromed. Nice craftmanship and I love the lenses.
Unfortunately for Tyler, I think when Davinator made these, he used a Hot toys head as reference cause it doesnt look right on my Rainman Tyler. The Head is slightly bigger than Hot Toys which are normally undersized so the temple arms doesnt rest well on Tyler's ears.
It fits Stark perfectly though, so Stark gets the glasses.

Last edited:

Hot Toys Avengers Thor

Major major improvement over the v1 Thor.
The body is massive, the sleeves have a nice shiny metallic look to it unlike the plasticky looking sleeves on v1.
Everything on this figures is a major improvement.
I think the resemblance is only...ok though, not that great.

Its still a great figure, I'm very happy with it.
Currently waiting on Tony Meis' Thor Cape so I may have another update pics on this soon.

Last edited:

Rem,

Just all around awesome updates! Been enjoying everything quietly from my end, but just had to post something again! The pics as always are off the hook! Your set up, customs, and overall display is just inspiring! I love them all!

the myers,jason,leatherface and freddy looking great men nice collection!!!

thank you.
I'll try to post individual pics on those guys tomorrow.

Rem,

Just all around awesome updates! Been enjoying everything quietly from my end, but just had to post something again! The pics as always are off the hook! Your set up, customs, and overall display is just inspiring! I love them all!

Thank you sooo much Emarae!!! :1-1:
Hey bud, I could hear your voice on DarthMagnus' 1/6 rap video.
I wish I could have been there.

thank you.
I'll try to post individual pics on those guys tomorrow.

Thank you sooo much Emarae!!! :1-1:
Hey bud, I could hear your voice on DarthMagnus' 1/6 rap video.
I wish I could have been there.

Wish you could've been there too! Would've loved to pick your brain and get some more photo tips from you! Again, just love your pics! And yeah, that was me in the DarthMagnus 1/6 rap. It was actually my video and I recorded Magnus doing his thing, but I didn't have the time and thought it would be best if he uploaded the video to his channel and take care of it as it was his spot light anyways! :wink1:

Ah, very cool. You guys sound like you guys are having a blast.
Hopefully someday, like next year or so when there's a big gathering ill be able o make a trip.

I'm trying to make an effort to take a trip at least once a year.
Hopefully I can go to a gathering sometime.
Would very much like to finally meet you guys. :)

Back