Removing Necks on Headsculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt6488

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the neck from a headsculpt converting it to fit bodies with neck on it.

I usually do it with a dremel. Saw it off as close as you're comfortable, then carefully sand it the rest of the way. might try hand-sanding it with a high grit sandpaper right at the end. Odds are you might mess up a bit of the paint on the bottom of it if it's already painted. I've never tried doing it with a Hot Toys sculpt, only unpainted ones...

For the neck adapter, I usually pick up a cheap head off eBay that comes with one in it, and then pry it out. Drill out the head wide enough for the adapter to slide in, glue it, and you're good to go.

You can do the same with a painted head... the only issue that occurs with a head from a factory is the material can start to melt a bit; so it wads up. However, if you just pull it off before it dries the sculpt is fine.

If you don't have a donor plug, you can also wrap the ball of the joint of the neck in electrical tape or se blue tak in order for the head to stay in place.

What do you do if the ball is larger than the socket?

Back