Reintroducing myself!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StartOurwar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello guys! The name is Brian. I was actually apart of this forum a couple years ago. Sadly, I was never super active. I bought a couple things here and there on the forums. Actually, looks like you guys have some kind of new feedback system now. Anyways, as a reintroduction! I enjoy collecting Hot Toys, medicom(even tho I'm pretty sure looking at them makes their arms fall off), and action figures based off of video games. Hope I do less lurking and more posting this time around hahah.

Welcome back Brian.

Back when I first became a member, I would post alot. I ended up lurking more after awhile because I sold off almost my entire collection, and slowed down my preordering considerably.

Interestingly enough I've been on here almost every day since I became a member regardless if a made a post or not. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things though.

I guess that's my way of saying I know what you mean, and welcome once again.

Glad I'm not alone. I'm now getting back into collecting. I had a huge mishap with my figures. Something so disgusting....I wanna throw up every time I think about it.

A while back I left town for 6 months or so. Just kind of going out and experiencing new things, a new city, all that jazz. When I finally returned home(okay, my parents house hahah thats where I leave my collection cause I have no room for it) I go to check on my figures.....the horror I walked into was....beyond words.

In the middle of the floor, literally everything I've bought from the past couple years was just sitting in a giant pile in the middle of the room. My brother with his terrible parenting skills let his kids do whatever they wanted. He didn't keep an eye on them or anything....so they proceeded to play with all my Hot Toys and Medicom figures. None of my Medicom figures survived the ordeal. Smashed shoulders, broken legs, missing hands, just a complete mess. Hot toys on the other hand managed a lot better. Mainly missing a lot of accessories. But, it was enough to make me stop collecting, I actually felt defeated. My investments just totally ripped to shreds.

Recently, I've been trying repair all my broken figures and find all of their accessories. It hasn't been an easy task. Cleaning their clothes, clearing the dust, epoxy and gluing the medicom guys. But, most of it is back together again. I just need a couple baterangs, Harvey Dents Revolver, coins, and pin. And a new body for The Joker and I'll be back on track.

Damn! That sounds really rough! I understand, and it would be hard for me to carry on collecting too if something like that happened to my collection.

It's cool though that you're doing what you need to do to recover your collection. No matter how hard that might be.

Glad I'm not alone. I'm now getting back into collecting. I had a huge mishap with my figures. Something so disgusting....I wanna throw up every time I think about it.

A while back I left town for 6 months or so. Just kind of going out and experiencing new things, a new city, all that jazz. When I finally returned home(okay, my parents house hahah thats where I leave my collection cause I have no room for it) I go to check on my figures.....the horror I walked into was....beyond words.

In the middle of the floor, literally everything I've bought from the past couple years was just sitting in a giant pile in the middle of the room. My brother with his terrible parenting skills let his kids do whatever they wanted. He didn't keep an eye on them or anything....so they proceeded to play with all my Hot Toys and Medicom figures. None of my Medicom figures survived the ordeal. Smashed shoulders, broken legs, missing hands, just a complete mess. Hot toys on the other hand managed a lot better. Mainly missing a lot of accessories. But, it was enough to make me stop collecting, I actually felt defeated. My investments just totally ripped to shreds.

Recently, I've been trying repair all my broken figures and find all of their accessories. It hasn't been an easy task. Cleaning their clothes, clearing the dust, epoxy and gluing the medicom guys. But, most of it is back together again. I just need a couple baterangs, Harvey Dents Revolver, coins, and pin. And a new body for The Joker and I'll be back on track.

Hello and welcome back :1-1:, sorry to hear about your misfortunes, with all due respect your brother is an idiot, if he knew the value of a hot toy, sideshow, etc, figure, he would at least have some respect to have his kids not go near your collection, to a kid hot toys are like any other toy, destroying it within seconds, but to us collectors hot toys is treasure to last forever, thats why i'm glad all grown-ups live in my house, cause to be be honest if a kid broke my hot toy figures, related or not I would whoop their ass, like there is no tomorrow :peace

Yikes! That would have broken me. Good to see you're making a go of it again.

Welcome to the board! :wave

Kudos to you for not doing anything extreme! Me, I would have gone to my brother's and got all of his kid's toys and broke them, or something to that extreme. This hobby isn't cheap, and to replace some stuff might cost 3-4 times what you originally paid for some them!

Good luck getting back on track.

Kudos to you for not doing anything extreme! Me, I would have gone to my brother's and got all of his kid's toys and broke them, or something to that extreme. This hobby isn't cheap, and to replace some stuff might cost 3-4 times what you originally paid for some them!

Good luck getting back on track.

Yeah, it hasn't been easy. My medicom figures are never leaving their box again. I got their joints back together, but I'm to afraid to really do any serious posing with them. My Hot Toys figures are almost back on track....just gotta find them damn baterangs and couple things for two face. Then, I'll start buying new stuff!

Back