Regarding Hot Toys Thor bodies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I'd like to build a body with Thor's seamless arms, but with Captain America's fully articulated neck body.
Is this even possible? I already have the CA body, but before buying one of those expensive Thor bodies, I'd rather be sure everything will play out OK.
The CA body has those common HT arms with a shoulder's ball behind which there is a screw hidden under a cap. I guess that's the way the arm is attached to the torso.
The Thor body has some kind of thin arms covered with a rubber sheet, I guess.
Besides the attachement system, there is also the problem of the shoulder's ball fitting into the shoulder's socket on the torso. I wonder whether Thor's shoulders will fit into CA's shoulder sockets.

So, I am hoping for somebody owning one of those Thor bodies to cast some light on this, so that I can be certain what I am aiming to is possible or not.

Thanks!!
Regards,
m.

What's the character your making....I know if your planning on putting those armour back on...it won't fit...as far as the arms go...just unscrew the body see if the arms fit the new body....screw back together

Well, here it goes...

I am just one of those traumatised guys who saw Predator when they were kids and remained in love of the damn flick forever after, holding this weird view that nothing has ever been done since that remotely ressembles that great piece of Cinematic History.

So, because of this psychological condition of mine, and at my old age (to add insult to injury), I am trying to recreate Dutch's team in 1/6 scale. Well, sort of: since a lot of kitbashing is involved (no figures besides Dutch and Billy have ever been professionally made as far as I know) I am allowing myself some (forcefully) creative licenses. The biggest of those, having decided not to go the route of ordering ugly-as-hell-expensive-as-**** custom headsculpts of the characters that have never been made, is to assign high quality, off-the-shelf headsculpts to each never-made character, which while being as close in appearance as possible to the original actors, also have some sort of emotional content to them that makes them particularly fit for the job (that is, according to yours truly and no one else).

For instance, for Mac, I have managed to get on eBay (after literally years of patient wait time) 2 heads of Enterbay's Michael Jordan: a normal one and a screaming one. On top of being as well done as it gets, they have some emotional content (it's MJ man! Frigging cool, even if I don't give a damn about basket). The screaming head, you already know for which scene/diorama I am intending it, right....? :)

For Blain, I chose Brothers Production's Charles Bronson (young version). Every bit as silly and over-the-top as Ventura's character, and quite rare/well done. Problem: the neck is molded onto this head, and I want a muscle-bound, seamless arms body for this character (conveniently padded to Blain's physiognomy), which in turn will also certainly include another molded neck. To be more precise, I have decided to go for an Ultron Thor body (shoulder gaps never to be seen with the custom MTv tee I have made with my own hands), and hence my original question: I already own a strong, big-chested, neckless CapAm body, so can I exchange arms and have seamless arms when he walks around in his MTv tee while wielding ol'painless? Answer is no, I think now.

Why? I still haven't got hold of the Thor body, but if it similar to Dutch's original body (which I sold, neck too long, sculpt not lifelike enough), arms might be attached to the torso via a ball-socket pair. CapAm's arms are screwed onto his torso, so I guess it is a no-go, unless I am wrong. That's why I need help from the very generous and knowledgeable fellas around here: I don't want to spend $80 in the Thor body unless I am sure I will be able to exchange arms.

So: Am I wrong? Any alternatives? Can I move Thor's innards to the CapAm body so that I can attach Thor's seamless arms onto it and still retain the neck-torso articulation?

Hope this long explanation will stir more contributions. I really am in need of help here and I am certain there is a whole lotta guys out there having the answer...

Go ahead buyz!
m.

What's the character your making....I know if your planning on putting those armour back on...it won't fit...as far as the arms go...just unscrew the body see if the arms fit the new body....screw back together

Maybe wait for the new Thor. He has swappable arms already and that should make it easier to put them on a different body. There are also many other bodies out there that have seamless arms and different body types so I’d look into those. Chris redfields body to navy seal(hot toys body) to many secondary market bodies. There’s probably a pre-made that would work. Here’s just a few

742E29C8-4F91-4E9D-8407-7E099BDEBAF5.jpeg

The new Thor might be the Ragnarok one? Already for sale loose on eBay. Same arm articulation as always. Arms are indeed swappable, but same as previous Thors: ball+socket (I think?).

Thanks for the picture. Those are Phicen. I want them for Dutch and Billy, but I'd like different bodies for the other guys to give more variability/realism to the whole thing. That's why I am considering Thor for Blain plus Dam Toys / Worldbox / DiD with seamless arms for other figures. Redfield is too rare/expensive, and it is the same as Dutch except for the properly shorter neck. Phicen's are more realistic and way cheaper/durable.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

Regards,
m.

Maybe wait for the new Thor. He has swappable arms already and that should make it easier to put them on a different body. There are also many other bodies out there that have seamless arms and different body types so I’d look into those. Chris redfields body to navy seal(hot toys body) to many secondary market bodies. There’s probably a pre-made that would work. Here’s just a few

View attachment 400515

The new Thor might be the Ragnarok one? Already for sale loose on eBay. Same arm articulation as always. Arms are indeed swappable, but same as previous Thors: ball+socket (I think?).

Thanks for the picture. Those are Phicen. I want them for Dutch and Billy, but I'd like different bodies for the other guys to give more variability/realism to the whole thing. That's why I am considering Thor for Blain plus Dam Toys / Worldbox / DiD with seamless arms for other figures. Redfield is too rare/expensive, and it is the same as Dutch except for the properly shorter neck. Phicen's are more realistic and way cheaper/durable.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

Regards,
m.

If your willing to wait the infinity war Thor arms look like new sculpts for a Thor figure0

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

Regards,
m.

Nope not the one that’s out yet. The one from infinity war that has swappable arms as an option.

Those where just examples. There hundreds of different ones on eBay or other sites. From dozens of different manufacturers.

Hi again guys.
Thanks a lot for your contributions!

I hadn't noticed that Thor! The swappable arms might be helpful to avoid buying the whole body but I am still left with the "where do I put those arms?" question. They confirm nonetheless my intuition that all seamless HT arms are attached to the torso by a ball-socket mechanism, completely different from that used in traditional HT bodies, like the neckless CapAm I have. So, I'll end up having to buy a whole Thor, or look somewhere else for my perfect seamless neckless body.

Any suggestion yet anybody?

Regards,
m.

Back