Regal Robot offering new statues line and busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great guys. What's the paint app / quality like? I pre-ordered from BBTS so it's nice to see these are shipping. It appears to be a really nice size for display purposes.

I love this. I did the same thing, only in life-size WAY back in 2010. Included a bit more of the torso on mine though.
I've ordered the little 6.5 inch mini version of this and can't wait to receive it.
I just don't understand why no other company has scanned the actual prop to create a perfect scaled down version of it. None of the sculpted versions look correct to me. This one is perfect - just wish they'd done the entire block.

Here's my full size one from 2010. (Sold it on ebay a few years ago and still miss it).

Han-Carbonite-Wall-Plaque.jpg

Looks great guys. What's the paint app / quality like? I pre-ordered from BBTS so it's nice to see these are shipping. It appears to be a really nice size for display purposes.

I'm more than pleased with my purchase. Works perfectly in my display room because of lack of size.

Few things I'd point out. Sculpt and paint application is exactly what you'd expect of Tom and Regal Robot: Excellent. I have their helmet stands and have seen their work before and I'd never hesitate from ordering from them again. Plus it's casted, painted and made in the US!

The cons: There isn't exactly a "color" box like you'd expect from a licensed collectible but it was packaged very very well!

Overall, I'm extremely please. I bought this and the 1:6 ESB Hot Toys Fett at the same time. I sold my Hot Toys a few days later. This is staying!

Added Boba PF Today. Next step: colored LED strip on back of stand for the Orange Carbon chamber look.
f5637c31256d1925647e6d7e3eaee0fe.jpg
797e279253284641de65befb088d667d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more than pleased with my purchase. Works perfectly in my display room because of lack of size.

Few things I'd point out. Sculpt and paint application is exactly what you'd expect of Tom and Regal Robot: Excellent. I have their helmet stands and have seen their work before and I'd never hesitate from ordering from them again. Plus it's casted, painted and made in the US!

The cons: There isn't exactly a "color" box like you'd expect from a licensed collectible but it was packaged very very well!

Overall, I'm extremely please. I bought this and the 1:6 ESB Hot Toys Fett at the same time. I sold my Hot Toys a few days later. This is staying!

Good to hear, and duuude your Fett is AWESOME!

I've been very interested in their parts because they've been working with 3D scans of the real props. A shame they don't hold the license to do the full Han in Carbonite in 1:6 scale, otherwise it was an instant buy for me seeing as it would be perfect.

Anybody getting the Chewbacca bust?
View attachment 450328

I pulled the trigger on this yesterday. It is without doubt the most $ I've spent on a single piece and the buyers remorse has been kicking in strongly this morning (does everyone get that?), but having seen pics of it taken at Celebration, it just looked totally incredible. Tom Spina and his team really nailed this. I'm not aware of any other licensed prop that Peter Mayhew has signed, and being limited to 50, it will likely be a good investment (in the sense that I should get back what I paid at least if I ever decided to sell down the line). There were only 10 left when I ordered, so it''s been quite popular! My credit card is going on vacation for a while!

Buyers remorse, on anything this expensive that's only gonna sit on a shelf, is quite common. It might stay, or even get worse, until the piece arrives. I think it will be a great investment, however, I don't collect for "investment" purposes. If I did, I've got loads of Star Wars stuff I've lost money on... as I so very rarely sell anything.
This piece I think will do great. Not because it's so limited, although that will only help. I think this will do great, because there's so few good Chewbacca pieces out there. It's life size, real hair, the eyes are great, & I think you could futz with the hair - a tad - & add a little more life into the piece.
I envy you greatly! I would love to add this my collection, but it's beyond my financial ability for me to justify. Please post photos when it arrives!!!
Congrats!

Buyers remorse, on anything this expensive that's only gonna sit on a shelf, is quite common. It might stay, or even get worse, until the piece arrives. I think it will be a great investment, however, I don't collect for "investment" purposes. If I did, I've got loads of Star Wars stuff I've lost money on... as I so very rarely sell anything.
This piece I think will do great. Not because it's so limited, although that will only help. I think this will do great, because there's so few good Chewbacca pieces out there. It's life size, real hair, the eyes are great, & I think you could futz with the hair - a tad - & add a little more life into the piece.
I envy you greatly! I would love to add this my collection, but it's beyond my financial ability for me to justify. Please post photos when it arrives!!!
Congrats!

Thanks man. I think these ship late summer, so August/September timeframe I'm expecting / hoping. I'l be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Oh maaaaan! I see they have Jabba throne gargoyle magnets.... but they're convention exclusives :gah: I want them so bad!!! :pfft:

I also want them to do a Jabba throne gargoyle door knocker, & a 1:1 to just hang on the wall.

I got a couple of the jabba gargoyle magnets, and they're awesome!

They did say that they have plans to do a larger version (towel holder version), and that they have discussed doing an actual door knocker version. Can't wait! (although my wife says she is adamantly opposed)

I got a couple of the jabba gargoyle magnets, and they're awesome!

They did say that they have plans to do a larger version (towel holder version), and that they have discussed doing an actual door knocker version. Can't wait! (although my wife says she is adamantly opposed)

SWEET!!! :yess:

Ooo, a towel holder, I never thought of that. WOO-HOO!!!

Back