Redbox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Studio49

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is anyone else hooked on Redbox? I love the ease of renting movies through it, and the price is pretty cool too.

For those who have no idea what I am talking about, it's a DVD rental kiosk that they have at McDonalds, Wal-Mart and Walgreens Pharmacies here in the midwest. You pay $1 to rent a DVD, but the disc is due back within 24 hours. You can reserve titles online, and have the machine hold them for you until you get there. The selection of titles isn't as deep as a rental store, but you can pick up a movie in 30 seconds flat and returns are twice as fast.

I love it. I even reserve them online now when I'm at work so I know the one I go to will have what I want.

The only problem can be the line if you get some dizzy fart up there that takes ten minutes to browse every frickin' movie and all you want to do is pick one up.

I love it. I even reserve them online now when I'm at work so I know the one I go to will have what I want.

The only problem can be the line if you get some dizzy fart up there that takes ten minutes to browse every frickin' movie and all you want to do is pick one up.

Yeah, slow renters are maddening.

Another annoying problem, if a bunch of people return the same DVD to a box and take up all the spaces in the machine for that DVD, then you can't return your copy to that box. You have to find another box and hope there is an empty space for your DVD. I have never had it happen to me yet, but I have seen it happen to a woman in line in front of me. The machine just says "Your DVD cannot be returned at this time." They really need to tweak that so the customer knows why they can't return it.

Just use Netflix. I don't get the big deal. It's tacky to have these in front of stores. That's just my opinion though. No wonder they are in front of Wal-Marts. :lol

Just use Netflix. I don't get the big deal. It's tacky to have these in front of stores. That's just my opinion though. No wonder they are in front of Wal-Marts. :lol

Netflix sucks. The movies are always scratched, they throttle your service, and you can't get a movie today. Get with the now, man. Or at least go Blockbuster online which is a better deal. :lol

Netflix sucks. The movies are always scratched, they throttle your service, and you can't get a movie today. Get with the now, man. Or at least go Blockbuster online which is a better deal. :lol

No man, I get my movies next day, They have blu Ray movies available. I don't have to wait in any sort of lines or drive anywhere. Not having to deal with morons or dirty machines equals- totally worth it. :D As for Blockbuster, they are really drowning. Most stores have closed around my area and they have really cut back their services. Not such a good deal at all anymore.

No man, I get my movies next day, They have blu Ray movies available. I don't have to wait in any sort of lines or drive anywhere. Not having to deal with morons or dirty machines equals- totally worth it. :D As for Blockbuster, they are really drowning. Most stores have closed around my area and they have really cut back their services. Not such a good deal at all anymore.

You are in the minority then. When I used Netflix, it took days to get a disc, and what finally pissed me off with them were the scratched discs. Every fracking disc had a scratch near the end of the movie which killed playback.

I haven't used Blockbuster in a year or more, so what you say may be true. They are probably going out of business because Redbox moved in! :)

Seriously. Redbox. Instant $1 gratification.

You guys don't get your Netflix movies next day they are sent out? It's always been that way where I am located. I have the 3 out a time plan and I am never without a movie. Right now all I rent are Blu Rays and I cancel and resign up from time to time to get a free month here and there. It's nice and completely convenient and affordable. But I digress. Just after seeing that big tacky red box I didn't think it would be so popular. :lol

Rory hates almost everything. I am not surprised Redbox among the hated.

I love it. I can grab a couple movies at walmart at 4am for $1 and a free movie every monday is cool too and there is never a line.

Netflix sucked for me :dunno

And I still own Blockbuster like $40 for late fees 3 or 4 years old :)

You are in the minority then. When I used Netflix, it took days to get a disc, and what finally pissed me off with them were the scratched discs. Every fracking disc had a scratch near the end of the movie which killed playback.

I haven't used Blockbuster in a year or more, so what you say may be true. They are probably going out of business because Redbox moved in! :)

Seriously. Redbox. Instant $1 gratification.

I rarely get a scratched disk, especially the Blu-Ray movies because they are more scratch resistant. I tried Blockbuster once and it was a huge hassle to me and their selection was dismal.

I won't try Redbox because I don't really like the idea. Seems like buying a movie or a video game at a 7-11, just seems wrong to me. Plus, it's way too intrusive for me. Anyone can come up and bother you while you are trying to do your thing. :lol

Rory hates almost everything. I am not surprised Redbox among the hated.

I love it. I can grab a couple movies at walmart at 4am for $1 and a free movie every monday is cool too and there is never a line.

Netflix sucked for me :dunno

And I still own Blockbuster like $40 for late fees 3 or 4 years old :)

Ewwww Wal- Mart. I really hate that store. :lol I will drive out of my way to go to Target instead just because it's cleaner. People think they are saving so much by shopping at Wal-Mart but it's like something is $13.98 instead of $13.99 somewhere else. Plus they never have any good deals. Their ad sucks. :lol:D

I rarely get a scratched disk, especially the Blu-Ray movies because they are more scratch resistant. I tried Blockbuster once and it was a huge hassle to me and their selection was dismal.

I won't try Redbox because I don't really like the idea. Seems like buying a movie or a video game at a 7-11, just seems wrong to me. Plus, it's way too intrusive for me. Anyone can come up and bother you while you are trying to do your thing. :lol

It's so easy to rent Redbox. Drink the kool-aid...drink it.

I understand though. You are Blu-Ray. I am DVD. We live in two different worlds.

Ewwww Wal- Mart. I really hate that store. :lol I will drive out of my way to go to Target instead just because it's cleaner. People think they are saving so much by shopping at Wal-Mart but it's like something is $13.98 instead of $13.99 somewhere else. Plus they never have any good deals. Their ad sucks. :lol:D

No Target here.

Wal-Mart is the only place open 24/7, and I do my shopping between 2am and 5am. I never go there during the day. ^^^^ that!

Anyway, I like Redbox. So suck it Rory :)

It's so easy to rent Redbox. Drink the kool-aid...drink it.

I understand though. You are Blu-Ray. I am DVD. We live in two different worlds.

I understand man. To be honest, I am just being a debater because I am bored right now. Although I do enjoy Netflix and I probably will never try Redbox. I also kind of hope it fails but that is only because I hope most to all businesses fail- I kind of like the chaos of it all. :lol

No Target here.

Wal-Mart is the only place open 24/7, and I do my shopping between 2am and 5am. I never go there during the day. ^^^^ that!

Anyway, I like Redbox. So suck it Rory :)

:rock :rock The dead of night is the only time I can stomach Wal-Mart myself. During the day there are just way too many people. I like the night because everything is everywhere. There are pallets and things on the floor from the night stocking crew, it feels like you aren't supposed to be in there and I like that feeling. :lol

I understand man. To be honest, I am just being a debater because I am bored right now. Although I do enjoy Netflix and I probably will never try Redbox. I also kind of hope it fails but that is only because I hope most to all businesses fail- I kind of like the chaos of it all. :lol

But, what if Target went out of business, and you had to shop with the unclean at Wal-Mart? Or god forbid, the dollar store!!! The horror. You better pray that you and the snooty housewives who shop at Target never have to face that pain. :lol

My wife and I work a lot of overnights, so we have gotten used to shopping at 3 a.m. too. I wish more people would stay home during the day.

Back