Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today, and there are quite a few scratches, paint defects, and splotches. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412204842.031172.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412204855.238784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412204871.682443.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412204996.834939.jpg

Here is my take. If you blast Sonja with light, she looks amazing. However, if the lighting is not perfect, umm... The shading is just so heavy and dark, especially around her abs on mine. I am happy with the statue, but I recommend that everyone get dioders or something similar for lighting.

Forgot to mention......my belt was threaded incorrectly. There was no way the dagger and scabbard were going to hang properly as is. Quick fix though I shouldn't have to.

Gathro, you're a brave man continuing to display that RGIII figure. I like the kid, but I think Cousins is going to be our guy from now on.

Got red s today! I just open it up and she was great! Much better than I expected. I don't see anything broken yet, and the skin tone matches very well.

Pros:
Box is not crazy massive size
She matches in head and body paint
She is a true PF size
Lots of parts and acessories
The most amazing thing is the EX head, wow it's big, sick looking and this could be the best ex add on ever. The axe is so plain and small compared to the ex head. This is ruly ex or fail. She will stay in my collection:)

So i received mine as well, first sideshow collectible ever - very happy with it but she looks better under "darker" light then bright light.

After some playing around and comparing to other photos around the web and here - mine seems to have a "grey" tone to her shading vs the more brownish shading I've seen in most pictures.

So mine comes off looking ...well undead lol. She actually looks very good under less light - she looks menacing - but under bright light she looks very much dead in the way the shading was done/colored on mine.

As this is my first Sideshow collectible, I was wondering if anybody has ever tried applying anything none permanent to one to lighten or darken a sideshow statue before (besides lighting of course)

It occurred to me that I could actually apply "makeup" on her - especially her face - but I'm not actually certain if this would be a good or bad thing (would it eat away the paint underneath? Or if I tried removing it would it take the paint WITH it? Or would it look strange/off to have makeup on the statue?

Obviously I don't want to do anything that permanently changes or damages it...but having an undead Sonja was not exactly what I expected....I almost wish she WAS tanned!

Advice?

On the flip side she also looks great undead lol....I suppose I could start building an undead sidwshow army lol.

Gathro, you're a brave man continuing to display that RGIII figure. I like the kid, but I think Cousins is going to be our guy from now on.

Yeah I know but for what we gave up for him I gotta believe. Just love RG3 heart wish his body was just as strong

Back