Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THIS is a nice addition to my RS! Thanks, averone! Didnt know her until today but I am going to preorder her right now!

Arhian-5m[1].jpg

Have seen seen this version? Lets hope they show this at CC in NY

ArhianDio_Teaser2[1].jpg

So Jedi- is Red Sonja really from old Iran?
I didnt know this! Is it true? Enlighten us!

Iran ???
This may help
-- Excerpt from The Hyborian Age - Conan 78

Red Sonja (as in Red Sonya of Rogatin ) appears in a historical adventure written by Robert E howard
knows as * The shadow of the Vulture * which takes place in 1563 . At about the time he was casting
about to find a counterpart for Conan whose future was not known (as apposed to Belit ) writer editor
Roy heard of and read that story. Thus instead of making up a character as he intended to do . Taking
equal parts of authentic hyborian-age heroin's Belit and Valeria (of the later Red Nails) Roy decided to
yank Red Sonya out of the sixteenth century change her name to Red Sonja and make her a she-devil
with a sword in the age of Conan
:)

So Jedi- is Red Sonja really from old Iran?
I didnt know this! Is it true? Enlighten us!
Lol I didn't even write that. But I think a few pages back someone wrote that Howard got his inspiration for where she's from ancient Iran or something. Then there's this ^^^^^^

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It's possible that HYRKANIA in the Red Sonja mythos is a fictional HYRCANIA, which in real life is part of today's IRAN. That's what was said, and it's a good pop culture trivia.

Who's the Machiko people are talking about going with Sonja?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that HYRKANIA in the Red Sonja mythos is a fictional HYRCANIA, which in real life is part of today's IRAN. That's what was said, and it's a good pop culture trivia.
Yeah this :)
Who's the Machiko people are talking about going with Sonja?

Machiko Noguchi she's a female Predator of Human descent

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Nice. Is that the girl from the first AVP movie?

Iran ???
This may help

Red Sonja (as in Red Sonya of Rogatin ) appears in a historical adventure written by Robert E howard
knows as * The shadow of the Vulture * which takes place in 1563 . At about the time he was casting
about to find a counterpart for Conan whose future was not known (as apposed to Belit ) writer editor
Roy heard of and read that story. Thus instead of making up a character as he intended to do . Taking
equal parts of authentic hyborian-age heroin's Belit and Valeria (of the later Red Nails) Roy decided to
yank Red Sonya out of the sixteenth century change her name to Red Sonja and make her a she-devil

Ok -
Thank you for the education on Conan history

So she's made her way to Australia and now in hand I have to say she's all kinds of 'teh' awesome.

There's a lot of amazing details in things like the base, her hair, etc. Most everything is very well done. There's some slop where the skin tone meets other colours, but that just seems to be the norm these days. Not acceptable, but still the norm.

I have no problems with the skin tone. Yeah, she's darker than solicited, but as I mentioned she's from what is now modern day Iran so the darker flesh is not a problem for me.

My main point of note though is that the body and head were either painted by two different people who didn't discuss it first or by the same assclown who just doesn't care because the tones above and below her necklace are different. It's not immediately noticeable, but I shot the pics under a few different lighting conditions until I thought I captured it.

Am I keeping mine? Hells to the yeah!! Can't wait for Conan to go with her.

Judge for yourself.

Uh really noticeable.

Iran ???
This may help

Yep. Roy Thomas said she was from Hyrkania, which Robert E. Howard had based on the very real Hyrcania which is now modern day Iran.

Sorry, bit of a REH and Conan nerd.

So she's made her way to Australia and now in hand I have to say she's all kinds of 'teh' awesome.

There's a lot of amazing details in things like the base, her hair, etc. Most everything is very well done. There's some slop where the skin tone meets other colours, but that just seems to be the norm these days. Not acceptable, but still the norm.

I have no problems with the skin tone. Yeah, she's darker than solicited, but as I mentioned she's from what is now modern day Iran so the darker flesh is not a problem for me.

My main point of note though is that the body and head were either painted by two different people who didn't discuss it first or by the same assclown who just doesn't care because the tones above and below her necklace are different. It's not immediately noticeable, but I shot the pics under a few different lighting conditions until I thought I captured it.

Judge for yourself.

holy smokes! are they all like this?

Judge for yourself.

well i got mine the other day and i am very happy with it,but if mine would have turned up looking like that i would have claimed for a replacement asap,there is to much contrast between the neck and body ,i could not look at that everday,dont let sideshow get away with this s--t

Back