Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro and Lol yeah Total sausage fest (until WW and CW join the party later on this year..followed by BG and PG later on as well and of course Machiko MUCH later on in the year Lol MUCHiko)

Gotta get another Klingsbo because I don't want to leave her on top of one cause shell get way too dusty and she deserves her own spot for sure

Thanks buddy :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

One of the most fun members on here. Thanks for the great pictures.

She needs some shading and a little make-up, other than that I am happy with her

You turned her into Granny Sonja.
The highlighting is there if you post one of the photos, with decent lighting...

img4.jpg

Great pics on the previous page, this makes me feel a little bit better about how the skin tone well look once the piece is setup and properly lighted, I was never thinking about sending mine back because aside from the skin tone I was pretty impressed overall. This is definitely a piece where the exclusive really reigns supreme, personally in the few pics I've seen with her holding up the ax it's no where near as cool as the head, plus the head actually compliments the bloody sword very well. When she's holding up the clean ax it just looks a little silly to me (at least in comparison). So I'm glad I picked up the EX on this one.

:yuck

Yours looks pretty good.

Most women have a different coloured face from their body...Makeup.
Still gotta look good even in battle

Thanks, even when I ordered her I was a little suspect of her face and when the first pictures started popping up, I was like "oh no!"
But now that she's in hand, I got to admit she's even prettier than I thought she could be.

Okay guys here we go...

08f9baf4fb9df39acb180041fad14f0a.jpg
ebcf6ac7f867a4caa1045fbe9ef8b2c7.jpg
45cc7bd5a22036cf5ece8032ea90c0ab.jpg
ea20f25a5795621684df1a1229ea8322.jpg
1daf1c0b75c09ee099748200c3dbfd6b.jpg
86a196f9e226d58095486b5803e5e34c.jpg
1c81cb3a48c5150fd2ae32d777f32dbc.jpg
20cfc3aabc1782578b84d5671bf526d2.jpg
b6298980e2cc5f1c737d98609569f489.jpg
3ee43a806d41d0550e0957e2ef7661e1.jpg
c08cfc8774b6d7ee49077ce5069953ff.jpg
b8be5a57d2f83bf0de6fdd890d653e41.jpg
4a364f82d6733e74c40645807663fbde.jpg

Then I switched it to the ax an no cape...
f45f2cf77b6103ac1cf2d631560032e2.jpg
f9768b719e561bebdb4e6c371401bf84.jpg

Then switched it back because this is the biggest EX or Fail in a long time
1a0b1709c134461f81b009931dd31713.jpg

54e5d15cd1f1e70ecb864b212dffa589.jpg
84355d4e92b904be72d31942011baaf8.jpg

Thought I'd take a few of those for you guys...then it got awkward.....

ad82674717d42fbd80b86d15203e536b.jpg
736cf582f886af28512b0e831a8e309b.jpg
b812a2511466250d38e16b8f19137083.jpg

Then Vader got a little too close...

1fcd5c34f74b37996edc066aa2ee9f23.jpg

That's when we had to wrap it up cause......

9bd3e63b3f7f83ecbcfe8ed160562dfe.jpg

3018925d522998437093df7875289d83.jpg

Overall had a few problems. Like the forehead has a hair that was painted skin tone and it makes it look odd. Got a chip on sword hilt and small paint crack on body and some parts of the top of the hair has air holes but I've already be mailed them. Even if they can't replace the body and just the head and sword, I'd gladly take a credit because she is amazing. She's beautiful and the more I look at her I love her. At first I wasn't happy with the skin tone but even that is growing on me. She will be cherished for a long time to come.

JediSword

Haha did you put a wedding ring in front of her 5th photo :exactly:

Great pics on the previous page, this makes me feel a little bit better about how the skin tone well look once the piece is setup and properly lighted, I was never thinking about sending mine back because aside from the skin tone I was pretty impressed overall. This is definitely a piece where the exclusive really reigns supreme, personally in the few pics I've seen with her holding up the ax it's no where near as cool as the head, plus the head actually compliments the bloody sword very well. When she's holding up the clean ax it just looks a little silly to me (at least in comparison). So I'm glad I picked up the EX on this one.

Theoretically, I completely understand (and probably agree) with this.
An axe is nowhere as interesting, attention getting, or just plain cool as a fantasy villains savagely severed head.

The problem is the severed head is not related well to this exact pose.

1) Her expression (or lack there of) doesn't mesh with the savagery of holding an enemy's severed head aloft
2) Ditto for the casualness of her body attitude
3) the particular way she is holding the head is awkward (arm straight up at 90 degrees; the awkward angle of her fist), and because she isn't bracing her shoulder against her jaw, the artist is not imparting a sense of the head having any substantial weight to it. In fact, the way it is swinging away (when it should be falling straight down and right in her face given the orientation of her arm) implies that it is hollow and full of helium.
I see nothing in this piece that 'sells' the narrative they are trying to illustrate.

so yeah, the head looks cool- but it's a big fail in terms of execution of the piece as a whole statement.

JMO, of course. YMMV and probably will.

An axe is nowhere as interesting, attention getting, or just plain cool as a fantasy villains savagely severed head.

3) the particular way she is holding the head is awkward (arm straight up at 90 degrees; the awkward angle of her fist), and because she isn't bracing her shoulder against her jaw, the artist is not imparting a sense of the head having any substantial weight to it. In fact, the way it is swinging away (when it should be falling straight down and right in her face given the orientation of her arm) implies that it is hollow and full of helium.
I see nothing in this piece that 'sells' the narrative they are trying to illustrate.

so yeah, the head looks cool- but it's a big fail in terms of execution of the piece as a whole statement.

But, but.. She's got that 'blessed by a goddess' strength. :wink1:

well...regardless of my specific criticisms, the last few rounds of pics have been good and interesting to see. Anyone that hasn't had a problem with this up till this point (i.e. everyone except me) should be happy with the purchase once they have it in hand. The skin tone could have been better and more consistently applied, but that doesn't look like it will be a huge concern once people have it set up and in the environment of their homes/rooms where the quality and direction of light will change throughout the day.

1) Her expression (or lack there of) doesn't mesh with the savagery of holding an enemy's severed head aloft
2) Ditto for the casualness of her body attitude

I think the exposed underboobs demonstrated that they accounted for the physics the strain of holding up the severed head. What!? That's legitimate.

As Mose points out, lighting of the statue will change during the course of the day, from window illumination to artificial light in the evening. The paint job on this piece seems best served by as much light as possible; the darker skin and shaded facial highlights appear more "ghoulish" in darker light, with the bland lip color blending in strangely and unattractively. When lights are turned on, however, the cadaverous look vanishes and Sonja's face appears quite beautiful. This strange color scheme will always suffer when compared to the original, far more intelligent conception (not only featured on the convention prototype, but on the product box as well). Still, the Sonja sculpt itself is truly spectacular, a real knockout that even a inexplicably spooky paint job can't ruin.

Haha did you put a wedding ring in front of her 5th photo :exactly:
Lol had to take my ring off before handling her. Didn't want any scratches on the sculpt. Also if you look closely there's a second ring

Blue is my pinky ring (wife got it for mr in the Yukon on our honeymoon and its made from genuine gokd mined there by a local company that's been there for a VERY long time)
And the Red is my wedding ring
f7f7cfb6f4dc2a567ffb5e052e948d5a.jpg

I think the exposed underboobs demonstrated that they accounted for the physics the strain of holding up the severed head. What!? That's legitimate.
LM-mother****ing-AO!

Its legitimate

Back